• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Yeah, tapedecks got a point. Damage starts to scale more near the end of the lifebar, combined with the scaling on the focus attack, brought it way down.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Guymelef said:
See the video above in training mode versus Ryu, Shin Shoryuken takes ~50% of life.
Yeah when the opponent has a full life bar tho. Just like any attack, the damage is scaled back considerably when the opponents life bar is in the red. That said, I think the low damage in that vid is due to a combination of akumas life being low, it being linked, and a half full ultra meter.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Kintaro said:
Kyle Hebert is doing Ryu. All I hear is Gohan as Ryu now... I mean no disrespect to the English VAs, but I'll just keep the corny fun of the Japanese VAs and their Engrish ways.

Its actually your fault for watching DBZ in English

Stick to the manga, its the only good thing about the series :)

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Raging Spaniard said:
Its actually your fault for watching DBZ in English

Stick to the manga, its the only good thing about the series :)

Eh, I used to have DBZ on in the background a lot when I worked years ago. Was on Cartoon Network. So, it was in English. I'm a good sized DB fan. I have all the manga and spent the dough on the import Dragon Box. :D

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Preview for my writeup!

Honestly the writeup has been done for awhile. I just need to take some pictures lol.

Here's a preview pic or two:

3251573093_bd576944c8.jpg

3252406946_c95d85b997.jpg

3252402464_3daeaa3a46.jpg

3252403538_68fa07e0df.jpg

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Kintaro said:
Eh, I used to have DBZ on in the background a lot when I worked years ago. Was on Cartoon Network. So, it was in English. I'm a good sized DB fan. I have all the manga and spent the dough on the import Dragon Box. :D

Its funny cause in Europe we got the show way back in the early 90's, uncensored, and when I move to the states in 2000 its all the rage and its censored as all hell ... that was weird. Oh and the music! WTF did they do to the music???? (my guess is that they cut off so much content from the censoring that the music didn't cue up properly anymore so they had to compose new tunes)

Manga is vastly superior because there isnt any delay on the fights and the art stays consistent (Toriyama can only draw one person, but his cinematography for fights remains fantastic)

Anyways, sorry, Livejournal rant I know.

MarkMan said:
Preview for my writeup!

Honestly the writeup has been done for awhile. I just need to take some pictures lol.

Not a fan of the regular stick? (you modded it, right?)

Hot stuff, send me some if you got extras at the office :D:D:D

JEKKI

I saw this, Ono is on a podcast talking about SF4:

http://www.bioniccommando.com/en/podcasts/view/161

Street Fighter IV Producer Yoshinori Ono and Assistant Producer David Crislip join us to talk about the impending return of the world warriors, in advance of SFIV's impending console release! We put the questions you want to ask directly to the producers in a schizophrenic podcast that includes high-level discussion of the state of the Japanese gaming industry, as well as the answer to the eternal question of which SF lady has the better thighs. All this and two bits of SF trivia you never knew, as four users win SFIV caps signed by Ono-san!

will listen tomorrow!!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Raging Spaniard said:
Not a fan of the regular stick? (you modded it, right?)

Hot stuff, send me some if you got extras at the office :D:D:D

I love the stock stick alone. I just modded it.... just because... :)

Jube3

I want a ps3 now just so my ps3 can look like that :lol

I never messed around with skins, how are peoples experiences with those sites that let you make custom ones? Any good?

-Mikey-

MarkMan said:
I got 3 copies!

I was reading through some of the movelists for different characters and came across RDP for one of dhalsims teleports.

Didn't know what exactly that command could be....I got the DP part just not the R : /

-Mikey- said:
I was reading through some of the movelists for different characters and came across RDP for one of dhalsims teleports.

Didn't know what exactly that command could be....I got the DP part just not the R : /
R = Reverse
RDP = Reverse Dragon Punch
like Fei-Long's Dragon Kick motion to the back

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Saw someone mention this tonight...

"hey, i just want to say, i don't know whether it's the lack of people on the server or if the coding is really good, but the online play is fucking PERFECT"

Guymelef

MarkMan said:

"hey, i just want to say, i don't know whether it's the lack of people on the server or if the coding is really good, but the online play is fucking PERFECT"

Don't play with our illusions. :(

keanerie

MarkMan said:

Don't do that MarkMan, don't you put that on me, don't you dare.

-COOLIO- said:
so i was wondering about tier lists for SF4 and i was wondering if anyone could answer my questions:

1. are the tier lists only relevant for amazing players?

2. are the characters being rebalanced for consoles and will they be continued to be rebalanced via patches?

3. is sagat really that beastly?

1. Nope, be prepared to see lots of Blankas abusing (ex) blanka ball attack online.
2. Rumor I heard was that Sagat and other top tier characters got damage reduced.
3. Well.. best shoto character does big damage takes less only bad thing is that he's got slow walking speed.

Stalfos

MarkMan said:

Which version?

-PXG-

Those Saturn USB controllers are hella expensive. I'm gonna call up the local mom 'n pop game stores in my area to see if they got any laying around.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
SHIT. That Ken skin makes me want to put one of those things on my system...but not that much.

However that solid white FightPad with the logo? That should have been one of the designs going out. A white one and a black one.

I think a good question to ask now is will you and Mad Catz continue to work together with each new big fighting game release? I know you have to be chomping at the bit to design some Tekken stuff right? :D

Guled

MarkMan said:

awesome :D Also, could you use your mic on the 360 fightpad?

-PXG- said:
Those Saturn USB controllers are hella expensive. I'm gonna call up the local mom 'n pop game stores in my area to see if they got any laying around.
they got this expensive recently, a month ago you could get one for a decent price, the SF4 hype has blown the prices of those on EBay real high.

duffey

MarkMan said:

Please be true please be true. I have enough local comp that bad online wouldn't be a terrible issue for me but it's icing on the cake if it works really well.

-PXG-

gutter_trash said:
they got this expensive recently, a month ago you could get one for a decent price, the SF4 hype has blown the prices of those on EBay real high.

Mothafuckaz.

PhatSaqs

Banned
MarkMan said:

jawdrop.jpg
jawdrop.jpg
jawdrop.jpg

MarkMan said:

It's not that surprising. As bad as MKvDCU was, the online play felt completely lag-free as well. Capcom should be able to do the same.

MarkMan said:

Good to hear, although the system(PS3/360) wasn't mentioned. I hope this sentiment can hold true for both systems, once the game ships, and there are thousands of people online.

Linkhero1

MarkMan said:
I love the stock stick alone. I just modded it.... just because... :)
because bat top is awesome :D

I might have to actually buy live for this game. I have never spent cash on live yet, so I don't have that many friends xD

MarkMan said:
Preview for my writeup!

Whoa. Thats hot. I'd love to mod the TE stick with a bat top. Was that difficult? Where should I start?

3252402464_3daeaa3a46.jpg

OK. I need this skin.

MarkMan said:
Preview for my writeup!

3252406946_c95d85b997.jpg

MarkMan, will those white fightpads make it to retail? I MUST KNOW. It's.. beautiful.

The glossy black one is nothing to scoff at either.

SNUG REVOL said:
Whoa. Thats hot. I'd love to mod the TE stick with a bat top. Was that difficult? Where should I start?
This should be all you need.

Sanwa Joystick Adapter
Sanwa LB-30-N Joystick Bat Top

And get them here. http://www.lizardlickamusements.com/pages/joysticks.shtml

They also work with Seimitsu sticks so if you happen to go that route with modding, just know it's really easy. Screw off the top, screw on the adapter then bat top. That's it. =)

Raging Spaniard

Wrong thread to ask, but since wre on the subject of sticks.

Im gonna mod my Fighting Stick 3, changing the stick and buttons to all Sanwa. Which Sanwa parts are the best ones/will be the right size for that stick? (I dunno if theres a standard size)

Linkhero1

Raging Spaniard said:
Wrong thread to ask, but since wre on the subject of sticks.

Im gonna mod my Fighting Stick 3, changing the stick and buttons to all Sanwa. Which Sanwa parts are the best ones/will be the right size for that stick? (I dunno if theres a standard size)
I believe Sanwa 30mm in diameter are the right size. This is off the top of my head so if I'm wrong please correct me.

donkey show said:
This should be all you need.

Sanwa Joystick Adapter
Sanwa LB-30-N Joystick Bat Top

And get them here. http://www.lizardlickamusements.com/pages/joysticks.shtml

They also work with Seimitsu sticks so if you happen to go that route with modding, just know it's really easy. Screw off the top, screw on the adapter then bat top. That's it. =)
Awesome! Thanks!

I've never been a fan of ball tops. Hopefully this mod is pretty easy :-/ I'll look up some tutorials.

SNUG REVOL said:
Awesome! Thanks!

I've never been a fan of ball tops. Hopefully this mod is pretty easy :-/ I'll look up some tutorials.
LOL, I mentioned the instructions in my last post.

Screw off the top, screw on the adapter then bat top. That's it. =)

It is THAT easy. =P

Unless the ball top is screwed on really fucking tight.

-PXG-

Anyone got a MS Points? I have 850 already. I want to get STHDR on my 360. I have a 1 month card I am willing to trade.

dfyb

Banned
MarkMan said:

is that someone who typically has high standards for online fighting games? not knowing who said it and what they think of other games basically makes the comment worthless -- i've been mislead too many times in regards to the online performance of fighting games :(

Linkhero1

SNUG REVOL said:
Awesome! Thanks!

This is coming from someone who hasn't modded shit yet. I'm in the same boat as you but from what I've seen so far all you do is open it up and unscrew the ball top. The rest is just screwing on the bat top :p

Also if you're not a fan of square gates then you should probably get an octagonal gate.

kenta

Has no PEINS
donkey show said:
LOL, I mentioned the instructions in my last post.

It is THAT easy. =P

Unless the ball top is screwed on really fucking tight.
Someone earlier mentioned the possibility of needing to remove the bottom of the case and unscrew some kind of nut on the bottom of the stick in order to get the ball top off. That would void the warranty probably so I'm really hoping I can just twist the ball top off without needing to unscrew anything :/

Top Bottom