• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

-PXG-

Osaka said:
mahvel 3 okay thanks

Someone made it in MUGEN. I don't know how good it is though.

Either give me:

1) Mahvel 2 remake, with HD sprites and shit
2) Mahvel 3, with SFIV art direction, Mahvel 2 roster + more, online, ect ect

I just paid off my PS3 CE last night. I'll be getting the vanilla 360 version
along with a new 360
at or just after release.

I need to decide on my pad/stick scheme really soon since there are only 2 weeks left..

Here's a trailer for a documentary about SF4 and JWong: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RumyiHAZqeY

Speaking of JWong, Legendsoflore from SRK said he put him on his hit list of people to beat in SF4. The thing about it is that he claims he's already beaten Gootecks, Ed Ma, Mike fucking Ross, and others. Someone please tell me it's the same Johnson brothers from before so I won't have to worry about it being real. :lol

besiktas1

Ok so help me decide gaf, is it CE or Original version? £40 difference is a lot of money and is it worth it for the figures (are they good quality, any hi-res pics?) ...
With £40 I could buy one of these options:
- 1yr of LIVE
- Halo Wars
- A Ryu + Ken toy, petrol to mall + a triple whopper meal + Cinnamon Pretzel
- Another Hori Stick (hopefully)

Which brings me to question 2:

I bought a Hori ex2 stick for £35 last year, for some reason the price has gone up...

Does anyone know where I can pick up a cheap Arcade stick (read Hori) for around £35?

`Moe Joe.

Banned
Will this game even be considered playable without a gamepad or stick? Question I ask is because they may not be selling pads here in Aus and I want to hold out until after I own the game to import; so I'll be playing the first 3 weeks with a regular controller. (My hori broke)

Turbo remixed is horrible with the 360 pad I wonder about this.

Pimpbaa

Projectjustice said:
Wireless pads is a con, there could be lag input or anything that might interfere with your controls. Wire controllers/sticks are always the way to go with fighters.

Except that 99% of the people wouldn't notice the supposed lag input. Wireless fightpads on the PS3 is a PLUS.

CAVE343

`Moe Joe. said:
Will this game even be considered playable without a gamepad or stick? Question I ask is because they may not be selling pads here in Aus and I want to hold out until after I own the game to import; so I'll be playing the first 3 weeks with a regular controller. (My hori broke)

Turbo remixed is horrible with the 360 pad I wonder about this.

Will probably play sucky with normal pad

54-46!

-PXG- said:

Either give me:

Marvel HD Remix would be friggin sweet, I wouldn't mind if they dropped the entire Capcom roster and just focused on the Marvel cast. As far as gameplay goes, I think everyone should be brought up to Magneto's (and the rest of the top tiers) level, yes that's right.

I never liked crossovers and to see the SF characters do 100 hit combos always seemed weird to me :p

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
`Moe Joe. said:
Will this game even be considered playable without a gamepad or stick?
I've played SF4 with both sticks and controllers on 360 - it's barely passable with controllers - especially if you've become used to playing with sticks.

It's not as bad as SF 2, but far from perfect.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Its a funny thing, Im comfortable with d pads but I wanna be good with sticks ... but from my experience people who cant play with sticks usually buy one anyways, so I dont see the problem.

Hell, I know plenty of people that are awesome with a fucking KEYBOARD at SF, with enough practice you could be like that guy who beat Soul Calibur in the hardest difficulty for Dreamcast with the fishing rod controller.

fubarduck

Pimpbaa said:
Except that 99% of the people wouldn't notice the supposed lag input. Wireless fightpads on the PS3 is a PLUS.

Toodles from Shoryuken.com actually did extensive research on this, and concluded that both the PS3 and X-Box 360 have perfect, lagless wireless controls. We all found the results quite surprising, but that ought to alleviate any concerns about the Fightpads having lag.

_dementia said:
I see. I heard a modded Mayflash is a very cost-effective option for Arcade quality.

I'm working on a full custom. The case is almost done.
Torn on either Dualschock2 PCB or wireless 360 PCB; I haven't decided.

I use mayflash to play on www.2dfighter.com , its a great stick for its price. I havent modded my due to the fact that it works good just the way it is for me. Besides i got SFTE coming soon. :D

Raw64life

There isn't any input lag on the PS3 wireless controller which I've logged at least 50 hours of SSF2T with so I don't see why the MadCatz one would have any.

Teknoman

Raging Spaniard said:
Its a funny thing, Im comfortable with d pads but I wanna be good with sticks ... but from my experience people who cant play with sticks usually buy one anyways, so I dont see the problem.

Hell, I know plenty of people that are awesome with a fucking KEYBOARD at SF, with enough practice you could be like that guy who beat Soul Calibur in the hardest difficulty for Dreamcast with the fishing rod controller.

Damn.

CAVE343

-PXG- said:

Either give me:

I agree on both!
But Mugen = suck in the gameplay department, although it's fun to see.

Mileena

Banned
Projectjustice said:
So you can talk for 99% of the population that plays SF? lol
If you're so angry about the .1ms of input lag you'll get from the wireless fightpad don't buy it.

Stick is better anyway.

CAVE343

Raging Spaniard said:

:lol the keyboard and fishing rod made me chuckle

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Are there any vids of good/great C.Viper players floating around?

She seems like a lot of fun though my friend keeps warning me that people using her tend to lose pretty often (he's been playing for some time now in Chinatown here in NYC).

corkscrewblow said:
If you're so angry about the .1ms of input lag you'll get from the wireless fightpad don't buy it.

Stick is better anyway.

Im not angry, why would i be? Im just saying wired will always be better than wireless.

Im very happy what SF4 is doing for the fighting scene. Its bring back a lot old school gamers and new players to the scene.

Stick is better, thats why I got the SF4 TE stick for $150 which happens to be wired.:D

CAVE343

Souther said:
So the fightpads use batteries(AA/AAA) and are not just USB rechargeable?

Whose bright idea was that?

On second thought it does kinda suck, especially if you're in the middle of a match and the batteries die, it would suck big time.

gutter_trash said:
i think we should stop with the Stick vs Pad debates, PS3 vs 360 debates and the Wired vs Wireless debates

Maybe, but I think the newcomers are still doubting which way they should go, the pad route or the stick route.
That's what I see among my friends. But in the end it's up to personal preferences, so one's got to decide for him/herself

Shurs

Projectjustice said:
Wireless pads is a con, there could be lag input or anything that might interfere with your controls. Wire controllers/sticks are always the way to go with fighters.

And don't play it over the internet or on an LCD either.

Ruebon Langdon is doing the NA voice for Ken. Sounds pretty good for the most part since he lived in Japan several years - so a lot of the charm from the JPN voice actor carries through. I do have my gripes with his "Shoryuken" (too much emphasis on the "yu" part).

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
C- Warrior said:
Ruebon Langdon is doing the NA voice for Ken. Sounds pretty good for the most part since he lived in Japan several years - so a lot of the charm from the JPN voice actor carries through. I do have my gripes with his "Shoryuken" (too much emphasis on the "yu" part).

Kyle Hebert is doing Ryu. All I hear is Gohan as Ryu now... I mean no disrespect to the English VAs, but I'll just keep the corny fun of the Japanese VAs and their Engrish ways.

CAVE343

You've got to give Capcom props for including the Japanese and English voices.
It's not a thing that every dev does.

Guled

bad-joey said:
You've got to give Capcom props for including the Japanese and English voices.
It's not a thing that every dev does.
not only that, but having the option for eng/jap on a per character bases

LuCkymoON

Banned
gutter_trash said:
I think he sounds like the guy who makes the English Dub of the SF2 Animated Movie...
I like the Enlgish Guile better than the Engrish Guile

Flash Kick >>>>> Summersault
His voice sounds fine to me.
btw does anyone else think that Sakura's BG music sound like its done by Capsule?

Guled said:
not only that, but having the option for eng/jap on a per character bases

Per Character?

HOLY FUCK!!@!@!

EDIT: WTF? This post was at the bottom of the last page and just switched places with the poster who was originally at the top of this page. How the fuck did that happen?

EDIT 2: WTF? It just switched back!

EDIT: HOLY SHIT, IT'S at the top again!

Top Bottom