• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
so i was wondering about tier lists for SF4 and i was wondering if anyone could answer my questions:

1. are the tier lists only relevant for amazing players?

2. are the characters being rebalanced for consoles and will they be continued to be rebalanced via patches?

3. is sagat really that beastly?

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Dizzy-4U said:
Ok, this is awesome. I'm really looking forward to see this.

Speaking of Justin, anyone knows podcasts or interviews (except the Gootecks ones) that have him as guest? I really like all the advance tech talk that he does.
iwannabethatguy

well actually iwannabethatguybybeatingthatguy

Guled

-COOLIO- said:
so i was wondering about tier lists for SF4 and i was wondering if anyone could answer my questions:

2. are the characters being rebalanced for consoles and will they be continued to be rebalanced via patches?

3. is sagat really that beastly?
1. Even in high level play tiers don't matter that much, I think I saw one of the top Japanese guys that uses Vega

2. No idea, we shall see when the game comes out

3. yup

Yes and no. Yes, because some characters can only be brought to full potential through an amazing player, sometimes no, because sometimes a character's matchups are so bad that it the effect kicks in even in mid-level matches.

epmode

-COOLIO- said:
Has this happened for any fighting game ever?

It would go a long way toward fighting my distaste for the genre.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Guled said:
1. Even in high level play tiers don't matter that much, I think I saw one of the top Japanese guys that uses Vega

2. No idea, we shall see when the game comes out

3. yup
cool

i cant wait untill im the worlds best at this game >:OOOOOOOOO

Blueblur1

Kintaro said:
Kyle Hebert is doing Ryu. All I hear is Gohan as Ryu now... I mean no disrespect to the English VAs, but I'll just keep the corny fun of the Japanese VAs and their Engrish ways.
I'm going to do the same just with some possible exceptions. I plan on experimenting a little with the voice options.

CAVE343

DoctorWho said:
Per Character?

HOLY FUCK!!@!@!

yup, so you can give the english speaking characters their english voices and all the other japanese voices.
I'm sticking with all japanese though :)

Blueblur1 said:
I'm going to do the same just with some possible exceptions. I plan on experimenting a little with the voice options.

I probably will just have all "western" characters speaking English, with everyone else speaking Japanese.

dan for sure is going to be in english. i can never get tired of FAAATTTHHEEERRR!!!
probably sagat in japanese, only cause i'm already used to it :(

bad-joey said:
yup, so you can give the english speaking characters their english voices and all the other japanese voices.
I'm sticking with all japanese though :)

I'm probably going to mix it. Although, Guile's english VA sounds terrible.

Guled said:

Yeah, but which Vega? Bison's near the top. The dudes I usually see dominating the machines here are Sagat and Ryu, but I did see this French dude that was cleaning up with Vega/Balrog/Claw in Tokyo.

just some quick clarification. the standard fight stick for ps3 is it wireless or wired? and whats the deal with the $10 price difference between the 360 and ps3 sticks?

CAVE343

EraldoCoil said:
just some quick clarification. the standard fight stick for ps3 is it wireless or wired? and whats the deal with the $10 price difference between the 360 and ps3 sticks?

ok.. all sticks are wired. the only wireless thing is the PS3 Fightpad

CAVE343

kenta said:
Why would one want to save a Focus? I wasn't aware they were limited

You have three levels of Focus. Don't know if that answers your question though

Teknopathetic said:
"Why would one want to save a Focus? I wasn't aware they were limited"

It's a joke. Focus Attacks are called Saving Attacks in Japan.

Ok :)

bad-joey said:
ok.. all sticks are wired. the only wireless thing is the PS3 Fightpad

Shit, I'm starting to think that I might want a fightstick. I never fight with a stick though. I've always been a home console bad type of guy. I wish the cable was longer on my Saturn pad.

Guled

Manabanana said:
Yeah, but which Vega? Bison's near the top. The dudes I usually see dominating the machines here are Sagat and Ryu, but I did see this French dude that was cleaning up with Vega/Balrog/Claw in Tokyo.
I forgot about how the names a different over there (anyone know why btw) so I guess I was wrong.

Dizzy-4U

DoctorWho said:
EDIT: WTF? This post was at the bottom of the last page and just switched places with the poster who was originally at the top of this page. How the fuck did that happen?

EDIT 2: WTF? It just switched back!

EDIT: HOLY SHIT, IT'S at the top again!
Funny glitch indeed :lol

Haeleos

Shit. EBGames isn't taking preorders for the fight sticks/pads anymore in Canada according to my EB. I missed the boat :(

Dizzy-4U said:
Funny glitch indeed :lol

You're on top again. :(

I will win this!! :D

Haeleos said:
Shit. EBGames isn't taking preorders for the fight sticks/pads anymore in Canada according to my EB. I missed the boat :(

I guess I missed the boat with EB if I want to upgrade. If these things ship around the 10th, I'll check some other game stores in my area for them before SFIV release.

Guled said:
I forgot about how the names a different over there (anyone know why btw) so I guess I was wrong.

It's a pretty stupid reason. The boxer is M. Bison in Japan, an obvious play on Mike Tyson, and Capcom was worried about a law suit from Tyson. So instead of coming up with a different name for him, they shuffled names between Vega, Bison, and Balrog.

kaskade

Yeah this SF4 hype is getting to me. I don't really even play fighting games but I was just thinking about buy the CE of the game, I'm going to control myself though.

CAVE343

Manabanana said:
It's a pretty stupid reason. The boxer is M. Bison in Japan, an obvious play on Mike Tyson, and Capcom was worried about a law suit from Tyson. So instead of coming up with a different name for him, they shuffled names between Vega, Bison, and Balrog.

Yeah that was pretty confusing, it's a shame they changed the names.
I still think the name M. Bison is funny :lol

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
rocK` said:
new guys that are planning on playing sf4:

if you plan to play online

-do not pick ryu/ken/akuma, learn to diversify. you will get owned because you have no idea what the other characters can do.
-ryu/ken/akuma are great characters, don't get me wrong...most new people have a horrible idea on how to play them (ie. sweep and fireball and stupid ranges. oh yes, i'm going to punish your sweep, and yes, i will jump in on your poorly placed fireball)

I guess what I'm getting at is, if you want to play these characters, at least understand why they are in the game.

Because they are fantastic starting characters that have great depth? Seriously WTF? Don't play them online because you suck?

WTF dude.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Router said:
Because they are fantastic starting characters that have great depth? Seriously WTF? Don't play them online because you suck?

WTF dude.

Yeah I was baffled at that too :lol

"Don't play these characters because you will need to learn how to react to other characters with them"

wat

qcf x2

I'm quite hyped for SF4 although I won't be playing against anything other than the CPU for a good while.

Slightly off topic, but can anyone supply me with a link to the SSF2T OST (preferably for the 3D0 version)? I specifically need this Balrog/Boxer remixed theme: http://youtube.com/watch?v=FTGsa8rxsnc

I've got like four OST's and none of them have that version.

keanerie

bad-joey said:
Watch out for the SFIV hype fever, next thing you know you're buying everything SF related ;-)

Yeh, no doubt. I bought this yesterday:

416kVP2Xc5L._SS500_.jpg

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Motion Picture Soundtrack said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWwBkMWq19I&feature=channel

Is it just me or does Shin Shoryuken not do very much damage? Especially considering it was used on Akuma.
Well, akuma had lost alot of health by the time gouken did the shinshoryuken, and iirc once your health is depleated to a certain point attacks do like half the damage they normally do (im sure ill be promptley corrected if this aint right lol). Also gouken is pretty powerful already so it might not be a bad thing if his shinshoryu is weaker than ryus in 3rd strike.

-PXG-

bad-joey said:
Yeah they're awesome, but it took ages for me to download one :-(

Download all of them at once, it doesn't take any longer. Took me an hour to download five of them at the same time

Top Bottom