• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Linkhero1

Damn I can't wait for the game. It sucks that I'll be getting the game before my sticks and pads =/

I just won't open it or even try it until I get my stick and pads. I don't even want to bother trying it out the the 360 controller. :lol

I have my pre-order on the collectors edition and I already brought the TE stick. Im so excited for this game that I decided not to get a Wii due to the fact that in about 2 weeks all I will be playing for months is this game.

My only grip of the game is that Dan made it in. I know a lot of you Dan players are gonna attack me for saying this but he is a joke character to SNK which is very old. He took up a slot that could of gone to a more serious character like Karin. Which would of been sweet to see Sakura and Karin heating up their rivalry again.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Dizzy-4U said:
First Seiken and now MThanded? What the hell....

If we continue like this we will end up talking about how to select different panties for Sakura instead of taking about strategic stuff =(

A rule I learned on GAF. If you are hyped about a game that you want to be a part of when it comes out, DO NOT POST IN OTHER TOPICS. A slip of the tongue, misunderstanding or whatever gets you banned and you miss out on the party.

Raging Spaniard said:
Well yeah I love the art, I just think that in order to tell a proper story you need more backgrounds, more animations ... just a lot more production. I really hated the story elements in previous street fighter games where they tried to convey character emotion with just reusing the animations they had rather than make new ones. So thats why I think just making anime cutscenes works better.

Well, first thing is first. they need a proper story at all. =) They've never had one and because of the structure of the genre and the inability to paint the compete story. With this engine, the facial techniques and the freedom of 3D models, I believe forming a more cohesive story, if they wanted to, could be accomplished within the game itself.

On a personal level, it would help keep me interested because there's no dramatic shift in style between the game and the anime. They look nothing alike and most anything that will be in the anime could be accomplished in the game action wise. So, show me. Anime cutscenes/movie fit in more with 2D sprite fighters than something like this were they have the ability to mapulate, change and play with the characters much easier.

Definitely not holding it against them, but it's possible now so I think it would be great to see them run with it in future console version. Do a full "story mode" and lets see what they got.

Kintaro said:
A rule I learned on GAF. If you are hyped about a game that you want to be a part of when it comes out, DO NOT POST IN OTHER TOPICS. A slip of the tongue, misunderstanding or whatever gets you banned and you miss out on the party.
I have similar luck with RRODs occurring close to my hyped game launches tbh.

kenta said:
They didn't like my e-mail address and I put in a fake phone number so as to avoid HI. THIS IS. AERIS. FROM GAMESTOP.

Anyone have any ideas as to my options now? Best Buy? Maybe GameStop WILL have some spares when they're shipped? Do we even have a solid ship date yet?
I'd go with Amazon. Their ship dates are always goofy. I've had plenty of stuff ship well before the expected date. (I've also had plenty of stuff miss it too...) But either way it doesn't cost anything to pre-order from them, since they don't charge until it ships, and if they ship later than everyone else you can just cancel.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Seiken I can understand, he mouthed off a lot but MTHanded was a really good contributor to the threads. :\

I think it was an OT thread about Ex Girlfriends.. it is now locked. I took a look at it, I saw all the bannings, then I got scared and ran away

Linkhero1

Kintaro said:
This. or just stay away from OT at least.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Gents... I've been avoiding posting here for a bit, because I wanted to keep a low profile, but I wanted to let you all know that for the past month I have been tasting the promise land. It is good... oh god damn is it good.

I've had the chance to check out the 360 version - played with everyone except Gouken (think he's locked in the version I've played for some reason).

I don't want to get in trouble... just wanted to say that it will be worth the wait and more.

I'm still trying to understand El Fuerte - he's almost too crazy for the controlling player - I need some alone time to just figure out what works with him, but his triangle jump kicks ass and he's fast as hell.

As for the shenanigans with the Dudley poll, he did indeed win. I'm also pretty sure why it was changed to Cammy. Theres 2-3 guys over at SRK who called the entire console roster back around like Capcoms Captivate 08, but nobody really believed them. The implication is that they had the whole roster planned anyway, and the poll was just a way to go "See! We did it for the fans!" but Dudley can't win because he wasn't going to be in the game.

Snapshot King said:
As for the shenanigans with the Dudley poll, he did indeed win. I'm also pretty sure why it was changed to Cammy. Theres 2-3 guys over at SRK who called the entire console roster back around like Capcoms Captivate 08, but nobody really believed them. The implication is that they had the whole roster planned anyway, and the poll was just a way to go "See! We did it for the fans!" but Dudley can't win because he wasn't going to be in the game.

I voted for Dudley in that poll,
Gutter Trash!

GQman2121

Banned
I got my bat tops and screws in the mail last night from Lizard Licks. They sure do ship fast. I only placed the order on Friday afternoon! Step two now complete. :)

Linkhero1

Snapshot King said:
Ok I never followed the polls back then but are you telling me that Dudley was on it? I mean I understand that a poll doesn't mean jack shit but Dudley had a chance to be in the game? What the hell. I just got third strike a week ago and love Dudley. If he were in the game my hype meter would have went through the roof. This feels just as bad as when I learned that Nash (Charlie) was a candidate for Tatsunoko vs Capcom :(

The poll went up, Dudley was number 1 and Sakura was number 2 over at Capcom Unity. Then they threw that poll out and said that Cammy won it which is why she was included in the first anime trailer.

GQman2121 said:
I got my bat tops and screws in the mail last night from Lizard Licks. They sure do ship fast. I only placed the order on Friday afternoon! Step two now complete. :)
Yeah with LizardLick you definitely pay a premium for the parts but Chad gets you your stuff super fast. Service is phenomenal.

traveler

Not Wario
They got 3 months for that?! I saw the whole thread but I honestly thought all the requests were joke posts. Wow, that sucks guys.

Linkhero1

Snapshot King said:
The poll went up, Dudley was number 1 and Sakura was number 2 over at Capcom Unity. Then they threw that poll out and said that Cammy won it which is why she was included in the first anime trailer.
They have no dignity

Dizzy-4U

Snapshot King said:
They were only playing with my feelings....sniff......Ibuki and Hugo where there too.....sniff....

-PXG-

Kintaro said:

Well, first thing is first. they need a proper story at all. =) They've never had one and because of the structure of the genre and the inability to paint the compete story. With this engine, the facial techniques and the freedom of 3D models, I believe forming a more cohesive story, if they wanted to, could be accomplished within the game itself.

On a personal level, it would help keep me interested because there's no dramatic shift in style between the game and the anime. They look nothing alike and most anything that will be in the anime could be accomplished in the game action wise. So, show me. Anime cutscenes/movie fit in more with 2D sprite fighters than something like this were they have the ability to mapulate, change and play with the characters much easier.

Definitely not holding it against them, but it's possible now so I think it would be great to see them run with it in future console version. Do a full "story mode" and lets see what they got.

Me too :lol

Right before Gears 2 came out. Yeah.....

Anyway, guys, I am still torn. I will list the pros and cons:

PS3 Version:

Pros:

- Reliable hardware
- Wireless FightPad (works on PC too)
- Possible FW to make FightPad work with PS2 games
- Online is free ( I don't mind paying for Live, but there is nothing I want to play on Live now)

Cons:

- There is a chance it will be downscaled to 480p on my TV (if this does happen, then 360 it is)
- FightPad will eat up batteries
- Chance that no FW will come out to make FightPad work with PS2 games
- Few personal friends getting PS3 version

360 Version:

Pros:

- Game guaranteed to upscale to 1080p
- FightPad is wired, so no need to waste batteries (works on PC too)
- I have a lot of friends getting the 360 version

Cons:

- I have a Falcon, but the 360 is still a hunk of junk
- Wired FightPad may get frayed or tangled over time (I take good care of my stuff...but still)
- I don't have any other games that would utilize the FightPad
- Paying for LIVE (again, $50 a year ain't much, but there really is nothing coming out this year I want to play at all on the 360)

GAF HALP MEH!!!!!

dacuk

-PXG- said:
Shit, so many more people here are getting the 360 version. I have both consoles and already have the game and the Fightpad pre-ordered for the PS3. WHAT DO I DO GAF!?!?!?

Price says it all. I just have a Wii, and just ordered a 360 Arcade+MadCatz Pad+SFIV.
If I could get PS3 for no more than $249, that could have been my choice, but I get my SFIV complete dose for no more than $299
SFIV was my reason to go HD.

Jube3

With a game like this PXG I would go strictly where the action would be for you. If you're gonna have a big local multi session going regularly then you can't go wrong with either imo, but def go where your friends are gonna be. Single player fighting games aren't that much fun lol.

SonnyBoy

I just preordered my CE edition but gamestop isn't taking orders for the gamepad. Is this normal? Amazon is saying it'll ship on the 20th...thats after the game comes out.

54-46!

My soldering better be working, I'm gonna put my PS3 stick together tomorrow.. hopefully it'll work with SFIV, I'm not gonna be a pad warrior this time.

-PXG- said:
Me too :lol

Right before Gears 2 came out. Yeah.....

Anyway, guys, I am still torn. I will list the pros and cons:

PS3 Version:

Pros:

- Reliable hardware
- Wireless FightPad (works on PC too)
- Possible FW to make FightPad work with PS2 games
- Online is free ( I don't mind paying for Live, but there is nothing I want to play on Live now)

Cons:

- There is a chance it will be downscaled to 480p on my TV (if this does happen, then 360 it is)
- FightPad will eat up batteries
- Chance that no FW will come out to make FightPad work with PS2 games
- Few personal friends getting PS3 version

360 Version:

Pros:

- Game guaranteed to upscale to 1080p
- FightPad is wired, so no need to waste batteries (works on PC too)
- I have a lot of friends getting the 360 version

Cons:

- I have a Falcon, but the 360 is still a hunk of junk
- Wired FightPad may get frayed or tangled over time (I take good care of my stuff...but still)
- I don't have any other games that would utilize the FightPad
- Paying for LIVE (again, $50 a year ain't much, but there really is nothing coming out this year I want to play at all on the 360)

GAF HALP MEH!!!!!

Wireless pads is a con, there could be lag input or anything that might interfere with your controls. Wire controllers/sticks are always the way to go with fighters.

-PXG-

SonnyBoy said:
I just preordered my CE edition but gamestop isn't taking orders for the gamepad. Is this normal? Amazon is saying it'll ship on the 20th...thats after the game comes out.

I don't think they were ever in our system. The TE Stick WAS (they were on special order), but you can still pre-order the regular FightStick.

Anyway, I canceled my pre-order for the PS3 FightPad on Amazon and switched it to the 360. When I go into work tonight, I will switch to the 360 version of the game. I know I will end up getting it for both systems. I would day one, but I bought so much shit lately, I think it would be a good idea to cut down on the gaming spending for a little bit. But don't worry, I'll be playing you guys on PSN soon enough.

Atomzzk! said:
My soldering better be working, I'm gonna put my PS3 stick together tomorrow.. hopefully it'll work with SFIV, I'm not gonna be a pad warrior this time.
what PCB are you using?
are you going to post pics when it's complete?

I'm working on my first custom stick at the moment

Ploid 3.0

-PXG- said:

Man why did tag fighting games stop. No fighter did tag this gen. I couldn't go to the arcades enough, and I didn't have a dreamcast. By the time MvC2 came to PS2 everyone stopped playing fighting games. I doubt they'd make a 3 for this gen, No tekken tag, and no souped up world tour street fighter alpha 4.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Ploid 3.0 said:
Man why did tag fighting games stop. No fighter did tag this gen. I couldn't go to the arcades enough, and I didn't have a dreamcast. By the time MvC2 came to PS2 everyone stopped playing fighting games. I doubt they'd make a 3 for this gen, No tekken tag, and no souped up world tour street fighter alpha 4.
Not a King of Fighters fan?

Ploid 3.0 said:
DOA4 (yeah, I know) featured tag battles

Shig said:
This gen (i.e. KOFXII) the series is back to 3-on-3 ordered fights.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Snapshot King said:

Part of me really wonders if Capcom is trying to forget that SF3 ever happened.

Some of the SF3 cast would have been good designs for SF4, some wouldn't

Chars I think would have been good designs in addition to the current roster: Alex, Makoto, Dudley, Elena.

54-46!

_dementia said:
what PCB are you using?
are you going to post pics when it's complete?

I'm working on my first custom stick at the moment
A simple Mayflash ghetto mod, only replaced the buttons and joystick with Sanwa parts.. aint that pretty but what the heck, hopefully it'll work out alright. The PCB was a pain to solder on because the cords I used where too big.

What are you working on?

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
arstal said:
Part of me really wonders if Capcom is trying to forget that SF3 ever happened.

I imagine it's more the problem that at the time of SF4, SF3 hasn't happened yet. Much of SF3's story sequences make it clear that Ken and Ryu haven't met several members of the SF3 cast before.

As SF4 ages and maybe gets a new "Dream Match" style update or maybe even starts to actively bridge to SF3 itself, I would bet that SF3 characters will find their way in.

Atomzzk! said:
A simple Mayflash ghetto mod, only replaced the buttons and joystick with Sanwa parts.. aint that pretty but what the heck, hopefully it'll work out alright. The PCB was a pain to solder on because the cords I used where too big.

What are you working on?
I see. I heard a modded Mayflash is a very cost-effective option for Arcade quality.

I'm working on a full custom. The case is almost done.
Torn on either Dualschock2 PCB or wireless 360 PCB; I haven't decided.

-PXG-

To all you 360 guys, I added most of you on Live. I am still gonna keep my PS3 pre-order, but also pre-order the 360 version tonight. I switched to the 360 FightPad. Though I may not play as her, I like the Chun-Li design the most. :3

r4z4

Projectjustice said:
Wireless pads is a con, there could be lag input or anything that might interfere with your controls. Wire controllers/sticks are always the way to go with fighters.

This. MadCatz should have gone with wired controllers for both =(

Ploid 3.0

Shig said:

Oh yea, forgot about KoF and DoA. I guess I'm stuck in my ps2 and PS3 bubble. So the new KoF will have tag. I think they all did, but I'm not sure. And it was a bit different. More like backup after you die tag.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
BradVanDam said:
for those having the issue of what system to get it for, get it for the system that your friends are getting it for.

what if my enemies want to fight????????????

Llyranor

Yeah, honestly, in terms of which system to get it on, it really should be based on which your friends are getting. The pros/cons are more trivial.

Top Bottom