• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

CAVE343

Shig said:
I dunno about that. From what I've heard, Dudley actually won the very first "Who should be in SFIV?" poll on Capcom's site... Capcom then deleted all record of this poll and pretended it never happened. There seems to be some sort of internal agenda against SFIII, it's baffling.
You got Ryu, Ken and Chun from Third Strike :lol

jett

D-Member
Kintaro said:
Something I've wondered. Now, I haven't seen the anime feature, but does any one else think they should have tried telling the story through the in-game engine instead? I personally it would have been pretty damn cool.

The game uses different anime cut-scenes than the movie, btw. And they're even cheaper looking, too. :p The console editions do have some in-game cut-scenes, I think.

Kintaro said:
Something I've wondered. Now, I haven't seen the anime feature, but does any one else think they should have tried telling the story through the in-game engine instead? I personally it would have been pretty damn cool.
tbh it would have actually been more expensive and definitely would have taken more development time than outsourcing the anime.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Kintaro said:
Yeah I agree, especially if they played around with the ink effects. Im not really digging the art style of the anime at all....hopefully the story is halfway decent.

Edit:
jett said:
The game uses different anime cut-scenes than the movie, btw. And they're even cheaper looking, too. :p The console editions do have some in-game cut-scenes, I think.
Oh, I wasnt aware of this. I think I may have been judging the anime off the ingame stuff.

jett

D-Member
Shig said:
I dunno about that. From what I've heard, Dudley actually won the very first "Who should be in SFIV?" poll on Capcom's site... Capcom then deleted all record of this poll and pretended it never happened. There seems to be some sort of internal agenda against SFIII, it's baffling.

Even sadder is that Yun and Yang are in the game...in an animu cut-scene.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

CAVE343

jett said:
Call me old fashioned, but I think the "stills" from SFII were the best

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
_dementia said:
tbh it would have actually been more expensive and definitely would have taken more development time than outsourcing the anime.

More expensive? Hmmm...possibly. given how low quality the anime looks, you could be right on that one. But, I think it would have been neat to see anyway. The ink effects, characters models and all would make for some kick ass scenes. Give that job to the Devil May Cry guys and let them make the story bits with the ingame models. Muhahahaha!

woodypop

Forgive me if this has already been answered, but I need some help regarding the PS3 collector's edition:

I'm definitely getting the 360 version because most of my friends will be on that platform. But I'm also considering getting the PS3 version for the anime on blu-ray.

So here are my questions: Is the anime going to be available as a stand-alone blu-ray release? (i.e., can I get the anime on blu-ray without having to buy the CE?)

Secondly, is there any word on the quality of the anime itself? ( I liked the original, thought the first Alpha one was okay, and heard really bad things about the 2nd Alpha one.)

Kintaro said:
More expensive? Hmmm...possibly. given how low quality the anime looks, you could be right on that one. But, I think it would have been neat to see anyway. The ink effects, characters models and all would make for some kick ass scenes. Give that job to the Devil May Cry guys and let them make the story bits with the ingame models. Muhahahaha!
we'd have to wait longer for the console version which would be the real travesty

Kintaro

As far as I know, the anime is only with the CEs. Manga Entertainment/starz is usually the one who would release any SF anime by itself and I don't recall seeing any solicitations for it. So, the CE is it for now.

As for the quality...it's a promo anime and looks rather low quality at that. Don't expect much.

_dementia said:
we'd have to wait longer for the console version which would be the real travesty

Nah. Release it as DLC or in a patch after the console release. :D Or with the definitive, supreme PC version in June.

mYm|17|

thnx for the wallpaper osaka.

Just looked at my amazon order, my TE stick order said the Delivery estimate: February 25, 2009. Hopefully it comes a lot sooner than the delivery estimate date

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
_dementia said:
There ya go.

There is the chance they'll do different endings for another revision of the game, if that happens. 3S had totally new endings instead of recycling SFIII/SI ones. Pretty sure all the Alphas had different ones, too.

Shig said:
Ehh, couldn't it have been due to voter shenanigans? I love Dudley but him winning legit seems totally unbelievable. If they wanted to rig the vote it's not a hard thing to do.

Kintaro

Rummy Bunnz said:
Ehh, couldn't it have been due to voter shenanigans? I love Dudley but him winning legit seems totally unbelievable. If they wanted to rig the vote it's not a hard thing to do.

Any online vote can be rigged either way. They know that.

Hobbun

I'm pumped I was able to get a preorder in for two TE Fightsticks this late. :D

MarkMan said:
you rang?

3244775485_f5545025df_b.jpg

Now why does it look like that the top cover of the TE fight stick is gray? I thought there was design on it?

As for the question in who will be my main, Ryu all the way.

CAVE343

mYm|17| said:
thnx for the wallpaper osaka.

Just looked at my amazon order, my TE stick order said the Delivery estimate: February 25, 2009. Hopefully it comes a lot sooner than the delivery estimate date
I'm in the same boat, they should ship the sticks already!! I know they are stockpiled in al warehouse somewhere

Kintaro said:
Naw, if they wanted, say, Cammy to win all they had to do was have every time someone votes for someone else an additional 2 votes were cast for Cammy! The fans can't beat that! That's how Hulk Hogan used to win all those wcw.com "best match" polls!

CAVE343

Kintaro said:
I'm sure its possible but that's pretty lame and defeats the purpose of the poll. They should stick with the outcome, but hey who am to decide

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
It's one thing to take a poll and just not pay service to the result. It's another to try and bury the result and act like it never existed.

Kintaro

Was probably just lip service. No big. I think they put in who they were going to put in from the start. <shrugs>

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Kintaro said:

agreed. i doubt the anime will even be watchable, it's strictly a collector's piece for me.

Kintaro

jon bones said:
agreed. i doubt the anime will even be watchable, it's strictly a collector's piece for me.

It won't stop me from reviewing it. :D I love terrible anime. Makes for fun writing. Unless it's dull, terrible anime. =/

Speaking of...I wonder if I should invest in a BR drive for my PC to take screen shots...

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
In game cutscenes? I dunno, MGS4 gets away with them, but Soul Calibur 4 .....

Id have to see them.

In theory I think anime cutscenes should work great, well see though (I do like the stuff from that animation house, Tekkon Kinkreet!)

Kintaro

Raging Spaniard said:
In game cutscenes? I dunno, MGS4 gets away with them, but Soul Calibur 4 .....

Id have to see them.

Shock! You're the biggest fan of this artstyle man! You don't think in-game story action/cutscenes for endings, inbetweens, and whatever for a story mode would work? I think it would work just fine. :D

kenta

Has no PEINS
Dag nabbit, gamestop.com cancelled my order for the regular FightStick. Amazon says 20th and that sucks since I want to break myself into it by playing HD Remix before SF4, I probably won't be able to just walk into GameStop and buy one when they're shipped, so now I'm screwed

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Kintaro said:
Shock! You're the biggest fan of this artstyle man! You don't think in-game story action/cutscenes for endings, inbetweens, and whatever for a story mode would work? I think it would work just fine. :D

Well yeah I love the art, I just think that in order to tell a proper story you need more backgrounds, more animations ... just a lot more production. I really hated the story elements in previous street fighter games where they tried to convey character emotion with just reusing the animations they had rather than make new ones. So thats why I think just making anime cutscenes works better.

This is from MThanded, I dont necessarily agree with what hes saying below, but he asked me to post it and I dont believe that goes against any forum rules:

I got banned for 3 months over a misunderstanding. A mod misinterpreted my post. I do not think anything will be done about it though. So I am screwed and wont be around for 3 months.

Basically my comment was just stating that he really should have left the fact that he had naked pics out of the op. Since he wrote it in there people began to ask. My post was not asking just making a comment. I think this is just a misunderstanding. The post stands for itself. The perceived intentions may have been wrong.

here's his post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14620626&postcount=256

This is why I was banned:

12:32
You have been banned for the following reason:
Naked pic begging. Great idea there.

Date the ban will be lifted: 05-02-2009, 07:00 PM

I am ultra blown and I think that nothing will be done to fix this. I will not be around for the street fighter launch or tournaments or anything. Pretty messed up if you ask me. Someone save me!!! Since this will probably not happen ... :-/

Anyway: I will still be playing and my xbl name is mthanded and my psn id is mthanded. When you add me make sure you put gaf in the message so i know.

Ronabo

-PXG- said:
Just watched all of the ruliweb HD videos. Holy shit. The wait is even more painful now.

Yeah those were awesome. I had to play them off a USB stick on my 360 since my computer sucks for HD.

I just payed off in full my CE version. Still no word on a midnight release at GameStop.

Hobbun

kenta said:
Dag nabbit, gamestop.com cancelled my order for the regular FightStick. Amazon says 20th and that sucks since I want to break myself into it by playing HD Remix before SF4, I probably won't be able to just walk into GameStop and buy one when they're shipped, so now I'm screwed

Why would they cancel it?

Ichi

Banned
Raging Spaniard said:
This is from MThanded, I dont necessarily agree with what hes saying below, but he asked me to post it and I dont believe that goes against any forum rules:

Typical NeoGAF bullshit. MThanded, there are plenty of better forums out there. Don't worry about getting banned from this one.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Hobbun said:
Why would they cancel it?
They didn't like my e-mail address and I put in a fake phone number so as to avoid HI. THIS IS. AERIS. FROM GAMESTOP.

Anyone have any ideas as to my options now? Best Buy? Maybe GameStop WILL have some spares when they're shipped? Do we even have a solid ship date yet?

Guled

I'm curtain that SF3 characters will make it in the revisions, especially since they are some in the cut scenes

Hobbun

kenta said:
They didn't like my e-mail address and I put in a fake phone number so as to avoid HI. THIS IS. AERIS. FROM GAMESTOP.

Anyone have any ideas as to my options now? Best Buy? Maybe GameStop WILL have some spares when they're shipped? Do we even have a solid ship date yet?

Oh man, you gave a fake phone number to avoid the automated message? No offense, but not a smart move.

You could try Gamecrazy (if you have them in your area). That is how I preordered my TE Fight sticks just as recently as last Thursday.

Raging Spaniard

SF 3 characters will be back no doubt, they gotta keep us coming back for more, after all :)

kenta

Has no PEINS
Hobbun said:
Oh man, you gave a fake phone number to avoid the automated message? No offense, but not a smart move.

You could try Gamecrazy (if you have them in your area). That is how I preordered my TE Fight sticks just as recently as last Thursday.
I get enough phone calls from them as it is, asking for surveys and reminders of preorders and crap so I was leery of them using my number for even more retarded purposes. I do have a GameCrazy nearby, thanks for reminding me of them

Dizzy-4U

First Seiken and now MThanded? What the hell....

If we continue like this we will end up talking about how to select different panties for Sakura instead of taking about strategic stuff =(

jon bones said:
this is why I am reverting to normal edition,
the Naruto-esque art is not appealing at all + the over-exposure of Sakura, Dan and Evil Ryu Dark Hado = meh

the art is way too simplistic. Ryu looks too young. The art of the SF2 animated movie looks better

ShinAmano

Dizzy-4U said:
First Seiken and now MThanded? What the hell....

If we continue like this we will end up talking about how to select different panties for Sakura instead of taking about strategic stuff =(
Wait is that possible? ;)

So stoked for this game. My buddy at work asked if I was taking the day off :lol

Top Bottom