• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Linkhero1

kenta said:
Someone earlier mentioned the possibility of needing to remove the bottom of the case and unscrew some kind of nut on the bottom of the stick in order to get the ball top off. That would void the warranty probably so I'm really hoping I can just twist the ball top off without needing to unscrew anything :/
I believe that's the only way to do it. You're going to have to hold the screw located on the bottom end of the stick with a screwdriver.

Offtopic: Were you a member at gamespot? I think I remember you lol

Darkman M said:
Looks like Shoryuken has a video review of the TE stick up on the front page, watching now.

http://shoryuken.com/

Ohh a video :D

Amazon.jp had the HRAP in white for ¥6800 last week, but it jumped up to ¥8400 a few days ago :/ I should have bought it when it was super cheap. It's a good deal, either way. Comes with a Sanwa stick, so I can just swap out the buttons and the art to my liking. I'm still kicking myself for not getting it last week.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Linkhero1 said:
I believe that's the only way to do it. You're going to have to hold the screw located on the bottom end of the stick with a screwdriver.

Offtopic: Did you used to go to gamespot a long time ago? I think I remember you lol
Darn. Well, the warranty is bound to expire eventually I guess :/

No, never posted there, and it wouldn't have been under this name anyway. EviLore asked me to change my username when I registered here so this is the only place I use this name

Linkhero1

kenta said:
Darn. Well, the warranty is bound to expire eventually I guess :/

No, never posted there, and it wouldn't have been under this name anyway. EviLore asked me to change my username when I registered here so this is the only place I use this name
Yeah it sucks but w/e as long as you don't mess any of the innards up I guess you'll be fine.

Someone else had that name before, so I confused you with him :p

Blueblur1

C- Warrior said:
I probably will just have all "western" characters speaking English, with everyone else speaking Japanese.
Ha! I was going to do the same until I started watching the Ruliweb videos. I was put off by a few voices. :(

kenta said:
Someone earlier mentioned the possibility of needing to remove the bottom of the case and unscrew some kind of nut on the bottom of the stick in order to get the ball top off. That would void the warranty probably so I'm really hoping I can just twist the ball top off without needing to unscrew anything :/
If it's too hard, just take some pliers or something to hold the stick in place while you twist. I didn't have any issues when I did it to my HRAP3 initially.

donkey show said:
LOL, I mentioned the instructions in my last post.

It is THAT easy. =P

Unless the ball top is screwed on really fucking tight.
Yea, I saw that. I'm just a total noob to stick mods. Forgive me for being cautious with my limited $150 arcade stick :D

Linkhero1 said:
This is coming from someone who hasn't modded shit yet. I'm in the same boat as you but from what I've seen so far all you do is open it up and unscrew the ball top. The rest is just screwing on the bat top :p

Also if you're not a fan of square gates then you should probably get an octagonal gate.

Glad to know I'm not alone. :D

Would replacing the gate be as "simple" as the bat top mod?

SNUG REVOL said:
Yea, I saw that. I'm just a total noob to stick mods. Forgive me for being cautious with my limited $150 arcade stick :D

It's simple. Just press down on the black tabs to remove the gate from the bottom of the stick and replace it with the octagon.

I am no electrician or arcade stick expert by no means...but it is relatively simple. I've replaced the stock buttons on three HRAPs and changed the ball top to bat top, rearranged the buttons, etc. The only thing I have yet to do is the ultimate mod or swapped out the spring.

Linkhero1

SNUG REVOL said:

I believe it's even easier :p You just clip it on. I don't have a picture to show you but from what I've seen it's very very simple. The Arcade Stick thread has some pics lying around.

Linkhero1

SNUG REVOL said:
0_o ............................. -_- ................................:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

This has to be fake. WTF at the song choice Capcom?
I wish it's fake. It's straight from 1up though :(

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
SNUG REVOL said:
0_o ............................. -_- ................................:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

This has to be fake. WTF at the song choice Capcom?
AWESOME, AWESOME CHOICE

i honestly love the corniness of it, it feels like im 7 again and sf2 just came out

Zertez

Question for Markman. Do the tournament edition sticks come shrink wrapped? Im thinking they do, but every unboxing video none is to be found. Hopefully it is removed prior to filming to speed things up. Last thing I want is random GS employees opening the box to "take a peek".

I just read IGN's review of the standard SF4 fight stick, makes me wish i woulda got a tournament stick instead : (

i now feel inferior

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
EraldoCoil said:
I just read IGN's review of the standard SF4 fight stick, makes me wish i woulda got a tournament stick instead : (

i now feel inferior
With all this talk of arcade sticks I'm surprised that no one here has pledged to build their own arcade cabinet.

Planning on making my own sticks from the ground up.

Anyone had any experience with this? Is it cost effective to do so? How difficult would it be for a first timer?

Hey guys. I decided I'll place my pre-order for the regular fightstick at ebgames tomorrow (I called in, and they said they were still taking them). I would love to go all out on the TE version, but I'm at med school, chock full of loans and in no way in hell can I justify 150 stick plus 60 dollar game in a span of a week.

But I've heard good things about the regular edition, in that it's not as good as the TE version but it doesn't feel cheap.

But I have a concern: I wouldn't say have freakishly large hands, but I'm 6'2, and I have prominent hands (again, they aren't abnormally large) but you know...

So does the fightstick offer ample room for both of your palms when resting on the stick and buttons? I know for a fact the TE edition gives you miles of room, so I'm concerned with the fight stick. Thanks!

C- Warrior said:
But I have a concern: I wouldn't say have freakishly large hands, but I'm 6'2, and I have prominent hands (again, they aren't abnormally large) but you know...

So does the fightstick offer ample room for both of your palms when resting on the stick and buttons? I know for a fact the TE edition gives you miles of room, so I'm concerned with the fight stick. Thanks!
Sounds like you need this.

3c74_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...from=R40&_trksid=m38&_nkw=250366690998&_fvi=1

j/k =P

On a serious note, when was the last time you played at the arcade and did you have any trouble?

ph15h

Neo Member
I know what happened to all the SFIV:CE PS3 pre-orders on Amazon...

Hubba games bought all of them and are now scalping them on Amazon for 130+

donkey show said:
Sounds like you need this.

3c74_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...from=R40&_trksid=m38&_nkw=250366690998&_fvi=1

j/k =P

On a serious note, when was the last time you played at the arcade and did you have any trouble?

No. Damn, I think people are just going to assume I have HUGE hands. Fuck, wish I had a ruler in this damn desk drawer next to me...I have, regular above-average "largish" man hands for a dude that's 6'2 and that has a shoe size of 12 and a half. Maybe I'm just assuming the fightstick palm room is smaller than it actually is since it was sitting side by side to the tournament edition.

But again, no -- I don't have any room discomfort when I'm at the arcades (albeit a rare occasion)

gutter_trash said:
LOL!!! He used that Ikea table!
I saw this table at Ikea, it is so weak and wobbly... Zangief 360... oh, my joytsick!! table falls apart
At least you have a place to put your meal. :lol

C-Warrior said:
No. Damn, I think people are just going to assume I have HUGE hands. Fuck, wish I had a ruler in this damn desk drawer next to me...I have, regular above-average "largish" man hands for a dude that's 6'2 and that has a shoe size of 12 and a half. Maybe I'm just assuming the fightstick palm room is smaller than it actually is since it was sitting side by side to the tournament edition.

But again, no -- I don't have any room discomfort when I'm at the arcades (albeit a rare occasion)
Haha, just messing with you man.

Your palms are probably going to be on the edge or off. Assuming you're playing on a table top, you should be alright with the Fight Stick.

-PXG-

This may be a REALLY dumb question. But are we all certain that this is the final roster for the console version?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
C- Warrior said:

I'm 6'4" with giant man paws and my hands have plenty of room on the smallish Hori EX2, I can't imagine you'd run into trouble on either Madcatz stick.

ph15h

Neo Member
entraik said:
where can i get street fighter iv collectors edition for a better price? I saw a link for it somewhere.

-_- Cheapest price is retail: $79.99 . If you live somewhere without tax, then you're gold.

Amazon is getting scalped by some Hubba Games that bought all the PS3 CE's and are now selling those. Strange how when Amazon's stock disappears, their's appears...

Jube3

-PXG- said:
This may be a REALLY dumb question. But are we all certain that this is the final roster for the console version?

Yea pretty much. I think the word is no DLC characters down the line. Saving that for sf4 turbo I guess hehe

entraik

Banned
ph15h said:
-_- Cheapest price is retail: $79.99 . If you live somewhere without tax, then you're gold.

Amazon is getting scalped by some Hubba Games that bought all the PS3 CE's and are now selling those. Strange how when Amazon's stock disappears, their's appears...

actually i saw some place that was selling it for 69.99. Saw the link on a forum a week ago.

Top Bottom