• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official UFC 100 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sex for Page 4

003akiyama.jpg

oh

tired of all the Brock Lesnar "chest cock tattoo" guy, people if you don't like him please address him / the tattoo as

"Cock Chestnar" it's a lot easier

Nocebo said:
You guys are making me nervous for GSP, I want him to win damn it.

That is a high number of picks against GSP relative to his usual fights. Whether people want to believe it or not Alves is a legit challenge and far more one than BJ Penn ever was due to the weight differences between Penn and GSP.

Pros who picked St. Pierre: 20
Pros who picked Alves: 13
Pros who did not decide: 2

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/1/Pros-Picks-St-Pierre-vs-Alves-18383

:lol My mom watches MMA too.

But it seems every other girl I know has absolutely no bloodlust whatsoever. Maybe it's a "mom thing" :lol

Busty

Banned
Mr. Sam said:
Does anybody know how the UK is getting this event yet!?

Was going to post the exact same thing. As far as I know it's a toss up between Virgin 1, Bravo and Channel 5 to air the event possibly live.

The general thinking is that ESPN will take a long term contract with someone stepping in to air UFC 100 on a short term contract.

I have my fingers crossed for Virgin 1 or Channel 5 personally. :D

Nocebo

Stoney Mason said:
That is a high number of picks against GSP relative to his usual fights. Whether people want to believe it or not Alves is a legit challenge and far more one than BJ Penn ever was due to the weight differences between Penn and GSP.

Pros who picked St. Pierre: 20
Pros who picked Alves: 13
Pros who did not decide: 2

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/1/Pros-Picks-St-Pierre-vs-Alves-18383
Indeed, 13 picks for Alves is way higher than I would expect. I won't be shattered if GSP loses but I just like his presence and attitude, I'll be rooting for him for sure.

mrbagdt

TOM f'N CRUISE said:
i don't know any girls that are into it. if i ever see a girl waring a UFC or any other kind of MMA fighting shirt i will be in love.
i got my girlfriend to start watching it (more so by sheer will than her actually being interested in it) and now she is just as hooked as me. granted, i am more that crazed fan who reads everything i can get and read the mma news sites every day, so i am a little more up to date than most. i think it is a lot easier to be in tune and to care about mma than it is for must other sports- most pro sports guys are such big stars you oftentimes dont see them as real people, but most of the mma fighters you see seem pretty down to earth and genuine. i dont know if that is because the money is not there yet, or if it is because it is still a relatively young sport, but i hope that is not something that changes.

for anybody who wants to hear more about mma and stuff, i would recommend listening to the podcasts on sherdog, specifically jordan breen show and beatdown. i love savage dog show as well, but its more random bs than just mma.

dem

If GSP wins.. he will have basically cleaned out the division.

I guess Jake Shields would be next.. if he can get his ass to the ufc.
Mike Swick.. maybe?

Zeliard

dem said:

Mike Swick.. maybe?

Isn't GSP supposed to fight Anderson Silva relatively soon? If he beats Alves, both he and Anderson will have basically cleaned out their respective divisions. Nothing really left for GSP after this but to fight Silva, and vice versa as well, since Anderson isn't going to stay at 205 due to Machida.

ElNino

TOM f'N CRUISE said:
i don't know any girls that are into it. if i ever see a girl waring a UFC or any other kind of MMA fighting shirt i will be in love.
My wife is into MMA now after I got her to watch TUF. Now she will watch most of the fights with me, although she certainly doesn't have the same level of passion for it that I do and she doesn't understand/appreciate the grappling/groundwork as much.

Mr. Sam

Busty said:
Was going to post the exact same thing. As far as I know it's a toss up between Virgin 1, Bravo and Channel 5 to air the event possibly live.

The general thinking is that ESPN will take a long term contract with someone stepping in to air UFC 100 on a short term contract.

I have my fingers crossed for Virgin 1 or Channel 5 personally. :D

I don't mind; I have all three. One of them better get it!

mrbagdt

dem said:

Mike Swick.. maybe?
he fights kampmann at ufc 103, i would bet that person will get the next title shot.

mrbagdt

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=2715

UFC 100, the biggest mixed martial arts event in history, will be televised live on multiple platforms in the United Kingdom this coming Saturday, July 11, the Ultimate Fighting Championship organisation has confirmed.

British UFC fans have two ways of experiencing the greatest night in mixed martial arts history live: on Sky Channel 433 and online at UFC.com. Fans will be able to catch all the action from the biggest fight night of the year completely free of charge.

As an exciting bonus to British fans, Sky Channel 433’s UFC 100 coverage will begin at 9pm, Saturday, as a 9-hour UFC marathon gets underway with all five episodes of the ‘UFC’s Top 100 Fights’.

This will be followed by the official ‘Countdown to UFC 100’ program which then leads into 3am, where the spotlight turns to Las Vegas, as the biggest MMA show of all time goes LIVE.

UK fight fans unable to join the televised action on Sky Channel 433 need not worry, though, for they can also catch every punch, kick and submission at UFC 100 by logging on to UFC.com.

Those fans are encouraged to log-on to UFC.com for details on how they can watch UFC 100 live online.

Included on the historic UFC 100 card are UFC Championship battles between heavyweight juggernauts Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir and welterweight wrecking machines Georges St. Pierre and Thiago Alves.

Plus, Ultimate Fighter coaches collide as British superstar Michael ‘The Count Bisping and former PRIDE champion Dan Henderson throw-down in a middleweight showdown.

Beyond UFC 100, there are further exciting announcements in the pipeline for British UFC fans.
screw you guys in europe! americans get to pay these guys salaries i guess! as said on fightlinker-
It will be interesting to see how tight they lock up the uk.ufc.com stream … the last time they did a region stream was that anti-Affliction 1 Silva vs Irvin card and all it took was a simple proxy service for anyone in the ‘blocked’ North American region to spoof their location and watch the event. But that was a free show, so who knows how tight this event will be locked up? All I know is if they slack on the security, there’s going to be a lot of non-British people saving 45 bucks this weekend.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
UFC 100, the biggest mixed martial arts event in history...

Is this planned to be so or is this a hype piece? I remember PrideFC New Years Eve shows doing disgusting numbers but I honestly don't know how the two compare. I mean, Pride had 67,450 at Final Conflict 2003. 70,000 at the K-1 co -event.

Kintaro said:
Is this planned to be so or is this a hype piece? I remember PrideFC New Years Eve shows doing disgusting numbers but I honestly don't know how the two compare. I mean, Pride had 67,450 at Final Conflict 2003. 70,000 at the K-1 co -event.

I think they are talking about PPV buys and worldwide TV numbers in general as like you say Pride always had the bigger live gate.. You cant compare the two though as Pride never really had any major TV outside of Japan. The Japanese organisations (pro wrestling or MMA) are always gonna find it hard to get major attention outside of Japan. Although I think Pride made big mistakes by pretty much ignoring Europe.

UFC like WWE can easily promote the product in Europe and South America but they struggle in Japan. UFC's TV deal in Japan is not great at all.. They are on WOWOW which is not a great channel to be on.

As for UFC and the UK TV situation. It is very strange and maybe the UFC have done deal with Sky but as it is short notice Sky Sports couldnt change the schedule on Saturday night. Or maybe Sky wanted it on Sky Box Office but there is no time to generate PPV buys.

Or they are going with ESPN and since the new channel not on air yet UFC decided to do air it themselves.

Mr. Sam

Sky 433? I have Virgin Media. Does this mean--? Oh for fuck's sake! Another fucking thing I have to watch on my computer. Fuck it, maybe I'll just go to bed instead.

Edit: Fuck.

dem said:

Mike Swick.. maybe?

shields won't be in the UFC anytime soon, GSP will get Matched up with Anderson (more than likely at a catchweight).

Kampmann vs. Swick For #1 contender, then go from there.

if Fitch is still winning after that fight then it's gonna set up Fitch Vs. GSP 2

Anderson will finish off his Career Defending against, Winner of Bisping/Hendo, winner of Maia/Marqaurdt, and if he keeps winning, and stays injury free, Okami will finally get his shot.

but that's all taking into consideration that Vitor doesn't come in and get an immediate shot, but Dana has since Denied that he ever mentioned Vitor coming to the UFC :lol

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
dem said:

Mike Swick.. maybe?

I get so sick of people talking about a division being cleaned out. A division is NEVER cleaned out. Especially when that champ will have only defended his title 3 times.

The winner or Swick/Kampmann would be next IMO.

mrbagdt

belchershirt.jpg

belchers shirt, off of fightlinker. pretty 1337 stuff huh? seriously, what stereotypical mma shirt things did they NOT put on there?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
mrbagdt said:

belchers shirt, off of fightlinker. pretty 1337 stuff huh? seriously, what stereotypical mma shirt things did they NOT put on there?

HAHA really. Why cant someone make a normal looking MMA shirt?

dem

Brian Fellows said:
I get so sick of people talking about a division being cleaned out. A division is NEVER cleaned out. Especially when that champ will have only defended his title 3 times.

The winner or Swick/Kampmann would be next IMO.

I don't see anyone even close to dethroning GSP..
Alves looks to be the only shot imo.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
So apparently Crop Cop evens the score by screwing Dream, backing out of his Dream 10 fight, to come back to the UFC to fight Junior Dos Santos at UFC 103?

What a clusterfuck.

SnakeXs said:
So apparently Crop Cop evens the score by screwing Dream, backing out of his Dream 10 fight, to come back to the UFC to fight Junior Dos Santos at UFC 103?

What a clusterfuck.

i thought he never officially signed with Dream in the first place?

i remember him saying that he wasn't aware of his (supposed) fight with Mighty Mo at Dream 10.

oh well....lol

SnakeXs said:

What a clusterfuck.
I read the Dream thing was just a dumb rumor made up by a site.

dem

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
I read the Dream thing was just a dumb rumor made up by a site.

Didn't a dream official confirm it?
I though crocop was supposed to be fighting mighty mo

painey

you know that Cro Cop is going to get the shaft in the UFC no matter how big he draws, Dana doesnt cope with humiliation well. He won't get a title shot, or any more easy fights in the future.

dem

I wish crocop would regain his form

I would definitely like to see him fight some upper level guys..

Not sold on Dos Santos yet.. havent seen enough of him.

UFC WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP BOUT

Georges “Rush” St. Pierre (18-2) vs. Thiago “Pitbull” Alves (15-3)

Easy win for St. Pierre.

UFC HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP BOUT

Brock Lesnar (3-1) vs. Frank Mir (12-3)

Easy win for Lesnar.

STEALTH EDIT

Dan Henderson (24-7) vs. Michael Bisping (18-1)

Easy win for Henderson.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
stephenjames said:

Easy win for St. Pierre.

Easy win for Lesnar.

OTHER

Easy win for Bisping.

Wow.

newsguy

stephenjames said:

Easy win for St. Pierre.

Easy win for Lesnar.

OTHER

Easy win for Bisping.

While these are all valid picks, none will qualify as easy.

dem said:
I wish crocop would regain his form

I would definitely like to see him fight some upper level guys..

Not sold on Dos Santos yet.. havent seen enough of him.

It is never gonna happen. The Mirko that killed Wanderlei silva and won the Pride Open-Weight Grand Prix tournament is never coming back. Cro Cop is shot as a fighter and has been for a good while now. Physically he is nowhere near the fighter he once was. He is slower and his knees have gone through way too much damage.

The Left High kick is predictable, the guy doesnt throw combinations anymore!!

Bishman

SnakeXs said:

What a clusterfuck.
Yay! UFC 103 is the Dallas card. I'm definitely going to that event. And with the addition of Cro Cop on the card -- hell to the fucking yes!

Boogie

newsguy said:

eh, I could foresee GSP, Lesnar, or Mir getting "easy" wins. That's not what I'm predicting, but I can see it.

Hendo/Bisping though should be a war. Hendo's never been KO'd, and Bisping has good enough ground skills that I doubt he'll be pounded out or submitted.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
newsguy said:

I think that only win out of those picks that you could even argue being "easy" would be the gsp one, but that's so hard to predict. The only reason that one is hard to predict is because of GSP's loss to Serra. Classifying the other bouts as "easy wins" seems insane to me, especially with Mir already defeating Brock, but whatever.

There are several questions with each fight, WHICH IS WHAT MAKES IT EXCITING.

Lesnar fight: Will Lesnar stick to a stand up gameplan? Can Mir's boxing skills show in the Nogueiraaoiuasgkhalskhg fight outdo the insane power and reach of Lesnar, and can Mire dodge those huge fucking fists?

GSP fight: Was the Serra fight a fluke? Can GSP take a chin shot? Can GSP evade the power punches of Alves and get to a clinch? Can GSP take down Alves?

Hendo Fight: Has Hendo suddenly aged super quickly after winning dual titles in PRIDE? Hendo isn't getting knocked out by Bisping, but can Bisping weather the Zangief-esque grappling onslaught of Hendo and use more technical standup in order to secure a decision victory? Can Hendo land a huge fucking punch and then (at the very least!!) lay and pray and maybe secure a victory? Can Bisping use his agility to outmaneuver the obviously superior grappling/wrestling skills of Hendo?

Who fucking knows. If each fight were an absolute forgone conclusion I doubt I'd this PPV. The only fight I think could be argued as a forgone conclusion is the GSP one, and that's with the assumption that GSP is able to evade any huge punches by Alves long enough that he gases, or GSP is able to take it to the ground early without taking punishment.

There are no Fedor style "I don't even need to watch this" fights on the main card. It's on paper maybe the most exciting UFC event EVER. No matter WHAT happens, fanboy tears will be shed, but I'll reiterate one thing. If Sexyama wins his match, and his match is shown, I'll jack off in front of my girlfriend right after he's declared the victor, and I'll report back to the thread on the results of that act. That's a promise. She definitely won't dump me (I don't think!), but she could get VERY upset, and it's so worth it. Sexyama is the most important thing for me right now, fuck women.

^^^

Sexyama vs. Belcher is on the main card, First fight.

so you better report with that story you promised!! *shakes fist*

Are people really Underrating Alves that much? i don't see this as an "Easy" win at all for GSP.

I still got GSP to win, but i don't think he's gonna tool Alves like he did to Jon Fitch.

ElNino said:
My wife is into MMA now after I got her to watch TUF. Now she will watch most of the fights with me, although she certainly doesn't have the same level of passion for it that I do and she doesn't understand/appreciate the grappling/groundwork as much.
i tried to get a girl into it and when they went down the the ground all she would say is "awww look at that." or something dumb like that.

Zeliard

Timedog said:
Lesnar fight: Will Lesnar stick to a stand up gameplan? Can Mir's boxing skills show in the Nogueiraaoiuasgkhalskhg fight outdo the insane power and reach of Lesnar, and can Mire dodge those huge fucking fists?

The thing about Mir is, can he win without catching Brock in a surprise submission? If it goes to a decision, I think Brock wins on points since he's likely to get more takedowns and remain in top position for a longer period of time.

Brock lost to him the first time because he was being a dumbass and tried to grab Mir in his guard while Brock was standing, so Mir just tripped him up and got him in a leglock. I don't think Brock's likely to make the same mistake again. He showed much greater poise and self-control in his wins over Couture and Herring.

newsguy said:
^^^ All that and we get to see John Jones fight again! That's an exciting dude to watch.

unless the main card fights end fast, the Jones fight isn't gonna be shown on the PPV, all the undercard fights will be free to download the next day on ufc.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom