• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official UFC 100 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogie

Zeliard said:
I don't think Brock's likely to make the same mistake again.

No, he'll make an entirely new mistake. ;)

He showed much greater poise and self-control in his wins over Couture and Herring.

Yes, but neither of them are exactly known for their submission skills.

newsguy

EraldoCoil said:
unless the main card fights end fast, the Jones fight isn't gonna be shown on the PPV, all the undercard fights will be free to download the next day on ufc.com.

No problem mmashare.com will cure our woes within an hour of the fight ;)

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Zeliard said:
The thing about Mir is, can he win without catching Brock in a surprise submission? If it goes to a decision, I think Brock wins on points since he's likely to get more takedowns and remain in top position for a longer period of time.

Brock lost to him the first time because he was being a dumbass and tried to grab Mir in his guard while Brock was standing, so Mir just tripped him up and got him in a leglock. I don't think Brock's likely to make the same mistake again. He showed much greater poise and self-control in his wins over Couture and Herring.

Brock even admitted that he didn't stick to gameplan in that first fight, and he owned Mir in the standup. Fuck clean shots, Brocks fists grazing you can take your ass to the mat. Unless brock has a weak chin, and I don't think he does, brock wins standup IMO as long as he gets a couple decent shots in on Mir. Mir's face looked like he got hit with a baseball bat after the first fight which only lasted a couple minutes, and brock would have won it if not for the bullshit standup. My only reason for not thinking Brock has the win on lock is that Brock seems like a fucking retard and is likely to do something really stupid.

But dude broke his neck and continued a pro wrestling match, i think that says a shitload about his heart and his ability to take damage.

Timedog said:
There are no Fedor style "I don't even need to watch this" fights on the main card. It's on paper maybe the most exciting UFC event EVER. No matter WHAT happens, fanboy tears will be shed, but I'll reiterate one thing. If Sexyama wins his match, and his match is shown, I'll jack off in front of my girlfriend right after he's declared the victor, and I'll report back to the thread on the results of that act. That's a promise. She definitely won't dump me (I don't think!), but she could get VERY upset, and it's so worth it. Sexyama is the most important thing for me right now, fuck women.

LOL, wow! That's the funniest thing I've read today. I didn't need more reason to root for him, but now I can't wait!

Sex for page 5.

2697640052_f506658ef3.jpg

backgif.gif

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Put a few quid on Alves, mainly because a friend has some money on GSP, thought it would be more interesting this way :lol

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I'm watching this UFC Top 100 countdown and Dana is just destroying Tito every chance he gets. "No, well the joke is we used to call Chuck Tito's bodyguard, because Chuck took all the hard matches while Tito took every easy one he could get. But once they got matched up, Tito knew he wasn't good enough of a fighter to even compare with Chuck."

Dana's just really going to town :lol

I don't even hate Tito. Don't like him much but I respect him. The guy to me is the epitome of how far you can go off of hard work alone. I never saw a Tito fight where I thought he had some natural ability for the sport... he's always just survived off his hard work. So you figure if Tito had half the natural talent that like Chuck or a Matt Hughes had, he'd have held the belt forever.

Asbel

If by easy, you mean one sided fights, it's very likely to happen.

Brock could ko Mir in the 1st. Or Mir could sub Brock in the first. Or Brock could lnp for 5 rounds for an easy decision.

Gsp could dominate Alves for a few rounds until a tko or sub or decision. Or Alves could ko Gsp in the 1st.

All rather likely scenerios in my opinion. Bisping/Hendo will most likely go to a decision with neither really dominating.

Vegas odds however, show that these are not easy picks.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
ohhhh man. i just found the Fedor affliction shirt clearanced out for $45. I've never owned an affliction tshirt but that'd be a sweet one to have. It's what he wore out to the Affliction: Banned card.

ughhh.. i dunno :lol

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
EraldoCoil said:
unless the main card fights end fast, the Jones fight isn't gonna be shown on the PPV, all the undercard fights will be free to download the next day on ufc.com.
they really should've jacked affliction's idea and shown the undercard on spike. lot of fights i want to see and i don't think many would be opposed to rewatching a fight worthy of replay if they needed to kill time during the ppv.

mrbagdt

whytemyke said:
ohhhh man. i just found the Fedor affliction shirt clearanced out for $45. I've never owned an affliction tshirt but that'd be a sweet one to have. It's what he wore out to the Affliction: Banned card.

ughhh.. i dunno :lol
that ship has sailed bro, dont buy the shirt. at one point, wearing that shirt showed you were an mma fan, but now all it usually means is 'LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME IM RICH'

also- the undercard fights being free the next day on UFC.com? are you sure?

mrbagdt said:
that ship has sailed bro, dont buy the shirt. at one point, wearing that shirt showed you were an mma fan, but now all it usually means is 'LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME IM RICH'

also- the undercard fights being free the next day on UFC.com? are you sure?
Yeah, is there a source for that? The UFC normally charges $2.99 for the undercard fights...

pr0cs

Looks like GSP may have some bursitis, doubt it will affect him but wow that is a lump.
mvqlw8.jpg

1015.jpg

No bursitis:
48035.jpg

for all those that apply

from Dana White's Twitter
http://twitter.com/danawhiteufc

UFC 100 will air live, free of charge, on SKY Channel 433 as well as on UFC.com

Irish fans can see UFC 100 free and live on Setanta Ireland Channel!!!!!

i don't know if the free online stream is for non U.S. only as he doesn't specify.

Edit: That Pic of Brock is from UFC 81

the live weigh In's start today at 4 PM PST / 7 P.M. EST

dem

EraldoCoil said:
for all those that apply

from Dana White's Twitter
http://twitter.com/danawhiteufc

UFC 100 will air live, free of charge, on SKY Channel 433 as well as on UFC.com

Irish fans can see UFC 100 free and live on Setanta Ireland Channel!!!!!

i don't know if the free online stream is for non U.S. only as he doesn't specify.

Edit: That Pic of Brock is from UFC 81

the live weigh In's start today at 4 PM PST / 7 P.M. EST

The UFC.com stream will definitely not be available in the us or canada.

Maybe with a proxy..

agrajag

Banned
Why do people always say that Brock is so OMG HUGE? I mean, yeah, he's big. But he's the same height as Mir and only has about 10 lbs. on him. They're both big guys.

dem

agrajag said:
Why do people always say that Brock is so OMG HUGE? I mean, yeah, he's big. But he's the same height as Mir and only has about 10 lbs. on him. They're both big guys.

ufc81_brock_lesnar_vs_frank_mir.jpg

Brock is big.

He has to cut to make 265lb.

Its actually his speed at that size thats impressive though..

agrajag said:
He has about 30 pounds on him. Brock cuts from 285, Mir normally weighs in at around 255.

painey

agrajag said:

3707481127_37189e1f86_o.jpg

agrajag said:
Alright, my bad. Wiki has Brock at 265. But if he cuts to 265, they're about the same weight when they fight, no?

No. Brock will have had to lose about 10lbs of water and not eat for a day to drop the weight, he will probably be 275lb on the day of the fight

Zeliard

agrajag said:

People always say that Brock is omg huge because Frank Mir is a big ass dude, and yet Brock dwarfs him.

nofyn4.jpg

Edit: f u painey. :p

agrajag

Banned
painey said:

He has a bigger chest and neck muscles in this pic. Their arms look about the same. In that UFC 100 preview from a couple of days ago Mir said he's not a big fan of weight training.

h_a_t

Brian Fellows said:
This is one of those fights where I wish both guys could lose.

Both of them hooking at the same time resulting in a double KO.
Probably not going to happen, but I can dream.
:D

yacobod

Banned
agrajag said:
He has a bigger chest and neck muscles in this pic. Their arms look about the same.

no brock is all around way bigger, dude walks around at 300 and cuts to 265, he will step into the octagon around 285-290 on saturday

that being said, i think brock is going to handle mir pretty easily, mir has nothing in the stand up, and don't bring up the fight against the corpse formally known as big nog, i don't see mir getting a lucky submission this fight

this fight will end w/those ugly brock hammer fists in the first round, brock is going to be the ufc hw champion for a long time, unless dana can get fedor in the octagon

Boogie

EraldoCoil said:
Weigh In's Starting...

"LORENZO FERTITTA, YOU KNOW WHO THE FUCK HE IS"

:lol

I love Rogan. :lol

The thing I still can't believe about how huge the UFC has gotten is the ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE crowds that show up to the weigh-ins. :lol

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Boogie said:
"LORENZO FERTITTA, YOU KNOW WHO THE FUCK HE IS"

:lol

I love Rogan. :lol

The thing I still can't believe about how huge the UFC has gotten is the ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE crowds that show up to the weigh-ins. :lol

Yeah when we went to Silva/Henderson in Ohio the line to get in to the weigh-ins was like 3 blocks long in 30 degree weather. We said screw that and went and watched them on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom