• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Oily, Gentlemanly Super Spin Fighter 4 Reveal Thread of Kunoichis and Karatekas

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

DryEyeRelief said:
Are you really trying to derail this topic for a semantics debate? :lol

No, but that seems to be what I ended up doing, so I'll stop since I guess it isn't terribly important anyway. I just wish Pandaman didn't turn into an asshole about it.

Mr Jared said:
Check out the awesome Dudley Munny my girlfriend made-

dudley.png

so gdlk. Currently trying to convince her to come to NorCal Regionals next month to auction it off. Otherwise, it's being sold at an anime convention :lol
ubber sweet!!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
jman2050 said:
No, but that seems to be what I ended up doing, so I'll stop since I guess it isn't terribly important anyway. I just wish Pandaman didn't turn into an asshole about it.
"word A isn't entirely analogous to word B, gee when well you people realize that! but i don't intend to start a semantic debate" :lol i'm sure you had the best of intentions.

"No, but that seems to be what I ended up doing, so I'll stop since I guess it isn't terribly important anyway. I just wish Pandaman didn't turn into an asshole about it."

I don't think that's possible for moe creepers.

Squabble ended, only 8 days until this thread dies, no need to have it end on a sour note.

Man all I'm getting is sound, the video is completely frozen. This is the worse UStream has ever been for me. In the past I'd get lag but still i'd at least see some moving pictures, this time screen just doesn't budge most of the time.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Rice-Eater said:
Man all I'm getting is sound, the video is completely frozen. This is the worse UStream has ever been for me. In the past I'd get lag but still i'd at least see some moving pictures, this time screen just doesn't budge most of the time.
REAL TALK! I'm about to meltdown. Chuck a fist at my router or something. ;_;

jman2050 said:

Yeah, aspergers was a little too far.

If it were me, I would have said something along the lines of "People who usually make a fuss about the difference are just trying to cover their asses from accepting that copyright infringement is wrong. The comparison is appropriate because usually the people who commit both acts have the mentality of a swamp parasite". But that's just me.

Yeah more positive things. You and Pandaman are both are excited about Kara Kara and stuff. Peace and love.

Threi

notag
the stream is STILL going?

holy shit...between all the streams it's been nonstop SSFIV for the past 3 days straight :lol

*edit* lol makoto

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm back!!!!
NinajHeartless said:
Good luck!
You should do well you have the power of Fighting GAF backing you up! Osu! Osu! Osu!
Wiseblade said:
Good luck!
Thanks guys :D Played Guile all the way to the semi-finals and switched it up to Ryu (since my Guile-vs-Abel-match-up-experience is non-existant). Lost two times in a row and went out :lol But a much better improvement over my last tourny! I got a Blanka t-shirt (...), a Blanka mad catz pad (..............) and 750SEK (approx. 105 usd).

Oh and my ears are still ringing from all the shouting in the place :lol
CcrooK said:
Wow. TTT? That's mad crazy. Good luck out there!
Yes! TTT was fun as heck but I didn't participate in the tourny simply because I haven't practice it for shit :lol

dralla

i think bison's PC beats ryu j.RH. i didn't actually see it but as soon as I entered the stream before people were going crazy on the chat, saying how ryu can't jump in on bison. i can only assume it was because of PC.

Threi

notag
fucking ustream

what the hell is wrong with this site?
dralla said:
i think bison's PC beats ryu j.RH. i didn't actually see it but as soon as I entered the stream before people were going crazy on the chat, saying how ryu can't jump in on bison. i can only assume it was because of PC.
I hope so, but I remember seeing Juri knock Bison out of PC with her j.hp. That has a different angle but I was dissapointed to see it didn't trade at all.

That will be the first thing I try out when I get the game.

def sim

Threi said:
fucking ustream

what the hell is wrong with this site?

I hope so, but I remember seeing Juri knock Bison out of PC with her j.hp. That has a different angle but I was dissapointed to see it didn't trade at all.

That will be the first thing I try out when I get the game.

EX.PC is completely anti FB zoning, his st.hk isn't as good in the ground but a better AA, st.forward still has 70 damage (very nice), regular PC is good against jump backs, U2 is a beefier anti FB zoning tool, and he does relatively good damage in comparison to the rest of the cast.

Capcom has been nice to him I think.

Cynar

gutter_trash said:
new character themes:

Well executed:
Balrog, Makoto, Juri (I hate her but love her theme), Adon

average execution:
Dudley (3S is better), Ibuki, E.Honda, Dhalsim, Dan, Blanka, Guy, Fei-Long

below average execution:
Gen (Alpha 2 owns it), Vega (accordion), T.Hawk, Dee-Jay, Hakan (boing boing sound?),

worst:
Cody (unrecognizable)

unrecognizable? It's the final fight opening. what's wrong with you! :p

You can link Ken's Ultra 2 off his close st. mk. It's an easy as fuck hit confirm and not that hard to do, feels like a 2 frame.
@ DR2k - Felt like they did around 160 - 170. Anti air U2 into rose srk grab did a good chunk of damage. The long ass combo I posted easily did more than 1/2 life damage on Ryu.

Also, weird glitch w/ rose ultra 2. If you jump over someone after knockdown w/ ultra 2 activated, when they block the orbs, it brings them CLOSER to rose instead of pushing her away. Opponent is also looking in teh wrong direction, so it might be something wonky with how the game is tracking block location.

So far, Rose's ultra 2 is nice, it's an instant invincible get off me move that can't be countered once activated, and has a couple of ways to combo into already that are really easy.

FindMyFarms said:
You can link Ken's Ultra 2 off his close st. mk. It's an easy as fuck hit confirm and not that hard to do, feels like a 2 frame.

@ DR2k - Felt like they did around 160 - 170. Anti air U2 into rose srk grab did a good chunk of damage. The long ass combo I posted easily did more than 1/2 life damage on Ryu.

Also, weird glitch w/ rose ultra 2. If you jump over someone after knockdown w/ ultra 2 activated, when they block the orbs, it brings them CLOSER to rose instead of pushing her away. Opponent is also looking in teh wrong direction, so it might be something wonky with how the game is tracking block location.

So far, Rose's ultra 2 is nice, it's an instant invincible get off me move that can't be countered once activated, and has a couple of ways to combo into already that are really easy.

All of that sounds awesome.

Waiting for the blog translation, according to Google people felt Spike was cheap :lol But I lerrrrrrrrrrrve it.

FindMyFarms said:
You can link Ken's Ultra 2 off his close st. mk. It's an easy as fuck hit confirm and not that hard to do, feels like a 2 or frame.

Dont be ignorin my texts!

Killa Sasa said:
All of that sounds awesome.

Waiting for the blog translation, according to Google people felt Spike was cheap :lol But I lerrrrrrrrrrrve it.

I didn't think it was cheap. But it seemed to auto correct more than any other reversal in the game. It also had a very strange hitbox.

GalacticAE said:
I didn't think it was cheap. But it seemed to auto correct more than any other reversal in the game. It also had a very strange hitbox.

It wasn't cheap but it was really really good, it had power, speed, crazy hitbox, juggled into itself fully and off of anything that'll give you either kind of juggle potential, active frames for days (my personal favorite :lol)... the only knock against it is that it didn't have more grounded horizontal range. I'm just glad most people have said that it's the same other than damage, and really, that's probably the least important thing about it. She has other ways to do damage - if Spike FADC Spike is such a huge part of someone's Cammy game that they can't work around it, they need to patch up their holes plain and simple. With safer arrows that recover faster and reversals sucking more (other than hers and a couple others), meaty arrow -> Spike becomes plausible.

I'm not too hung up on it as long it keeps its other ridiculousness.

Threi

notag
rance said:
EX.PC is completely anti FB zoning, his st.hk isn't as good in the ground but a better AA, st.forward still has 70 damage (very nice), regular PC is good against jump backs, U2 is a beefier anti FB zoning tool, and he does relatively good damage in comparison to the rest of the cast.

Capcom has been nice to him I think.
niiiice I would have liked his cr. HP startup time shortened as it would make a better AA but st. HK works too.

also

Seth's U2 :lol :lol :lol :lol

His and Hakan's ultras are the ultimate troll tools :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Threi, I currently have my 3D glasses on but I'm not noticing anything different about your avatar :( What am I doing wrong?

Kajiba

Guy's theme is great. Got that lupin the third jazz.

7 more days. I pray I find a spot selling it before the official date.

LowParry

We got a Gamestop doing a midnight launch here and doing a Super tourny before midnight. I'd be happy with just being top five but the goal is to win. Vega style :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom