• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Oily, Gentlemanly Super Spin Fighter 4 Reveal Thread of Kunoichis and Karatekas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leunam

_dementia said:
Do you have any video examples of this?
Curiosity has the better of me, did he at one point not have Captain America's super? :lol

I'll look around, but just for a rundown:

Super: Started with CoD (actually looked really cool), did all the normals, then went into Tornado Throw.
Ultra: Charge punch like now, then nothing but cl.MK for placeholders, followed by the throw.

Also, his portrait was really stupid looking.

Better source above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TIDZVL57vg

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Raging Spaniard said:
Did I ever add you on PSN? I forget.
PM'd

McBradders said:
Hmn, I -do- have a PS3 stick now... :eek:
Do it man. Dooo it.

After KOFXII dissapointment im coming back to SFIV, im so damn rusty though.
Oh and im thinking on playing with Ken now, few players use him.

Dizzy-4U

~Devil Trigger~ said:
In all the interviews Ono keeps saying things like 8-ish and 8 or so characters being added...
is there a 9th?:lol
Actually, it's all part of the evil plan. Once they 8 characters are revealed, two more will be added in the following months, so everyone will think that Ono went the extra mile because of the fans. That way, he will be seen as a God by the community....again. Then, Ono will go home and laugh.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dizzy-4U said:
Actually, it's all part of the evil plan. Once they 8 characters are revealed, two more will be added in the following months, so everyone will think that Ono went the extra mile because of the fans. That way, he will be seen as a God by the community....again. Then, Ono will go home and laugh.
Are you mad at Ono for being the savior of the community ?
Stop crying!! start believing!
;)

Dizzy-4U said:

And 2 more after that that nobody saw coming because Ono made up and posted all the rumors himself.

ShinAmano

_dementia said:
oh, custom intros please
This.
Multiple per character ie ken vs ryu...ken vs Gouken...ken vs Akuma...basically anyone that would have interaction...hell Ken vs Guile would be cool...them being brothers in law and all.

LosDaddie

Banned
Leunam said:
Lots of changes are still going to be made between now and the eventual release (hell, look the animations for Abels Super and Ultra during loc-tests, very different to what it is now).

wait...wait...I thought SFIV didn't change at all from the arcades to console (other than new characters & stages).

Kaako

Felium Defensor
LosDaddie said:
I thought most GAF players were on X360...and now PC?
Don't really know, but I'll most likely pick up the PS3 version as well. The comp there is really good and with SSF4, fresh blood shall be spilled. Maybe I can actually get a win streak going on PSN like I used to on Live.

Arde5643

LosDaddie said:
wait...wait...I thought SFIV didn't change at all from the arcades to console (other than new characters & stages).
Nope, lots of changes, mostly minor, but still lots of tweakings.

Guile and Claw were better in the loketest version, for example Guile's flash kick was similar to the SF2 variant.

They also toned down the damage from Ryu's and Boxer's ultra compared to how it was in the loketest version.

kitzkozan

Fersis said:
Are you mad at Ono for being the savior of the community ?
Stop crying!! start believing!
;)

I love me some Ono,even if he's a bastard. :p He's a real genius unlike Molyneux,as he can generate a ton of hype by using all kind of tactics using the media.You know the guy is a bastard when he just said to IGN that it was easy to get a budget for super street fighter IV when just last month he was saying to the press that Capcom was all evil and still against SF. :lol People are buying everything he's saying and thus they despair and put pressure on Capcom to make an update(and you just end up caring even more about something when you feel like you were going to lose it forever).Unlike Molyneux,he can also create game that can live up to hype. :D (still love you Peter,you flawed genius).

I am sure that Street figher IV wouldn't be at 3 million copies sold or about it if it wasn't for Ono.He's easily the best thing that could happen to SNK at this point.Put this man in charge of KOF and I might actually freaking care once and for all. :lol

Leunam

LosDaddie said:

You're right, but there hasn't been any release of SSF4 yet. No final product. What we see in the videos can still change.

Arde5643 said:

Guile and Claw were better in the loketest version, for example Guile's flash kick was similar to the SF2 variant.

They also toned down the damage from Ryu's and Boxer's ultra compared to how it was in the loketest version.

He's talking about Arcade to console, not loc-tests to Arcade.

Fersis

Aljosa said:
You so funny. :p
;)
You know i never played with a shoto until some days ago against Dizzy-4U, i picked Ken just for laughs.
He has some nice stuff in: f + MK and f + HK.

LosDaddie said:
I thought most GAF players were on X360...and now PC?
Ive been bugging McBradders for a while, but he is scared of my El Fuerte. TORTILLA!
I assume that SSFIV is going to have some El Fuerte buffs, its going to be crazy!

Arde5643

Leunam said:
You're right, but there hasn't been any release of SSF4 yet. No final product. What we see in the videos can still change.

He's talking about Arcade to console, not loc-tests to Arcade.
That's the thing though, don't loc-tests by themselves mean arcades?

So far I've always seen loc-tests for fighting games in arcades. Course, I might be wrong.

Fersis

-PXG- said:
http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/35905/super-street-fighter-iv/videos/tgs09_sf4_inv_093009.html

- Ono confirms some sort of lobby system
- States that it was the fans that are responsible for this game
- He really wants to do another Darkstalkers

So yeah, whatever you guys want, TELL CAPCOM. If you're vocal enough and convince them enough people will buy it, the might make it.
I dont want a new Darkstalkers so Capcom is not going to do it. :D
Me wants some SNK Vs Capcom 3 with TvC engine.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
ShinAmano said:
This. Multiple per character ie ken vs ryu...ken vs Gouken...ken vs Akuma...basically anyone that would have interaction...hell Ken vs Guile would be cool...them being brothers in law and all.
yup, and it would be cool if certain fights had special spectators or whatever, like in TS Yan would be on Yun's stage and vice versa.

But more than anything Ryu v Ken needs the dap. If the dap is in I'm counter-picking every Ken I see with Ryu.

The IGN interview when Ono is accepting that the intro/endings were shit is great. I hope they do something seriously awesome with that. :)

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Fersis said:
I dont want a new Darkstalkers so Capcom is not going to do it. :D
Me wants some SNK Vs Capcom 3 with TvC engine.

What I want for a CvS3

Geese invades Metro City- make a city-based, grittier game instead of a pure dream match.

Leunam

Arde5643 said:
That's the thing though, don't loc-tests by themselves mean arcades?

So far I've always seen loc-tests for fighting games in arcades. Course, I might be wrong.

Representatives bring machines to an arcade for people to test out and give insight. This happens for a few days and then the machines are removed. That's the loc-test. The machine that is available for purchase later is the final product based on information gathered from the loc-test and will usually be different from what was previously shown.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
-PXG- said:
http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/35905/super-street-fighter-iv/videos/tgs09_sf4_inv_093009.html

- Ono confirms some sort of lobby system
- States that it was the fans that are responsible for this game
- He really wants to do another Darkstalkers

So yeah, whatever you guys want, TELL CAPCOM. If you're vocal enough and convince them enough people will buy it, the might make it.

I soooo want another Darkstalkers game, so long as they bring everyone back. Its long overdue. They can use the SFIV engine but maybe change up the graphic style to are more cartoonish look as I think it better suits the series.

LosDaddie

Banned
Arde5643 said:

well shit....I don't want to drudge up old debates, but there were a few in here telling me that no changes happened from arcade to console. Probably a miscommunication on semantics.

EDIT:
Leunam said:
Representatives bring machines to an arcade for people to test out and give insight. This happens for a few days and then the machines are removed. That's the loc-test. The machine that is available for purchase later is the final product based on information gathered from the loc-test and will usually be different from what was previously shown.

Yup...semantics. I'd consider those loc-tests as using the arcade to further refine SFIV before it hit consoles.

Also, if loc-tests were really all that was needed to get SFIV balanced, then I don't see why peole were crying about SUPER not being balanced. I'd imagine Capcom would do some loc-test even if an arcade version isn't released.

LosDaddie

Banned
Kaako said:
Don't really know, but I'll most likely pick up the PS3 version as well. The comp there is really good and with SSF4, fresh blood shall be spilled. Maybe I can actually get a win streak going on PSN like I used to on Live.

From what I gathered on the other SFIV thread was that PSN competition was better, but XBL had more players.

I bought SFIV on PS3, but I'm really considering buying SUPER on X360.

EYEL1NER

Dizzy-4U said:
While I would be all for that evil ploy, I cannot see Ono as God until his Darkstalkers dream project comes out.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
LosDaddie said:
From what I gathered on the other SFIV thread was that PSN competition was better, but XBL had more players.

I bought SFIV on PS3, but I'm really considering buying SUPER on X360.
Yup that part is definitely true. The player pool seemed larger on 360.

The GameTrailers interview is terrific.

I am sad we will not see the 'sketch' look during gameplay, but excited the team is still experimenting with visual filters. I am certain Super SF4 will have a slightly different look than SF4 when it releases; much of what we see now (models, stages, etc.) must be placeholder.

Oh, and Juri is awesome.

imtehman

Banned
i fucking love capcom, this won't be a full priced game? This is why they are the develop of the generation

I can't say the same thing with some recently released games.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
imtehman said:
i fucking love capcom, this won't be a full priced game? This is why they are the develop of the generation

I can't say the same thing with some recently released games.
Nice stealth. ;P
I agree though, capcom definitley made the smart choice by not going full price. $30-45 is my guess for SSF4.

Chairhome

ShinAmano said:
This. spoiler Multiple per character ie ken vs ryu...ken vs Gouken...ken vs Akuma...basically anyone that would have interaction...hell Ken vs Guile would be cool...them being brothers in law and all. /spoiler

Do you like Ken?
Sorry, had to do it

LosDaddie

Banned
SoulFist said:
I don't think Indestructable will ever leave me without intensive therapy sessions.

:lol

Indestructable (or whatever will be the next j-pop song on SUPER) is probably the main reason why I'm considering the X360 version (custom soundtracks) for SUPER.

EDIT: Aw shit....talking about the song has got it in my head now. :( :( *turns on NPR webstream*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom