• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Oily, Gentlemanly Super Spin Fighter 4 Reveal Thread of Kunoichis and Karatekas

Status
Not open for further replies.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Kintaro said:
You simply dismissed the discussion by saying "they all look goofy so who cares!" That's not really communication nor does it help any discussion. You should get used to that. There was no circle jerkery here.

How about this? Every (almost) fighter in IV has something in their design that matches their fighting style (even if the rest of their style looks goofy as fuck). Those that don't, look out of place. Rufus and Viper for example. Juri doesn't wear anything that denotes her style. Last I checked, Taekwando masters don't run around rocking the chaps. I suggested the change to a more recognizable style associated with it (everyone knows and associated Kim's wear with Taekwando, Hwoarang is another example). You jumped in dismissing the whole thing.

Care to participate?

I could easily see her alternate outfit being Kim Kaphwan-like. You know the alt outfits are coming. I'll even bet it becomes 3 outfits or 4 per character (all DLCed of course)

Cowie

arstal said:
I could easily see her alternate outfit being Kim Kaphwan-like. You know the alt outfits are coming. I'll even bet it becomes 3 outfits or 4 per character (all DLCed of course)

I wanna say the original alts are what you'll get for keeping your sfiv disk around. No idea why.

MrMephistoX

Jenga said:
Very likely.

I can see any current C ranked and below getting buffed in some form. And then you have the new ultra which could also mix things up completely.

There's hope for Chun-Li yet...like someone said earlier in the thread though all she needs is higher HP and a solid anti-air.

I can't count the number of times I've gotten certain players down to a sliver of life only to lose. GRRR

Fei badly needs a buff.

also... people actually listen to In-Dee-Structible in english?

it's way more tolerable in japanese... in fact I can't even make myself play SFIV in english.

RelentlessRolento said:
Fei badly needs a buff.

it's way more tolerable in japanese... in fact I can't even make myself play SFIV in english.
Truth.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
RelentlessRolento said:
Fei badly needs a buff.

i don't know man, it's pretty bad in both languages

custom soundtracks > INDEESTRUCTBAALLEEEZZZ

fei could use a buff and SSFIVT COULD USE SOME ROLENTO KNOW WHAT IM SAYIN

New Ono Interview - tons of new info:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/103/1030280p3.html

This was taken from SRK, sorry if old:

Latest interview from Ono.

New openings and endings, the street fighter team are “man enough” to admit the quality wasn’t there the first time around, and has promised they will be improved.

Different or changed rival/pre-match dialog.

Along with new Ultras and tweaks, older characters will be getting new specials or normals.

Indestructible will be gone. Ono has “learned his lesson”

As the final boss, people who hate Seth, will hate him even more now. He will be harder but not, “unfair hard.”

New stages will certainly be added, but certain older ones will receive new elements or details.

No fighters will be locked, everyone will be accessible from the start.

No form of World Tour mode from Alpha 3 planned anytime soon. If enough people request it for a sequel, it's possible.

Frame data has been changed on certain character's FA, to better balance out certain things. The FA system will NOT see any major changes.

Davidion

Indestructable ranks as one of the worst video game theme songs in my recent memory, if not all time. My dismay when I found out that it's played all through out the menus was fucking palpable.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
viewtiful_dru said:
Seth was never "unfair hard." His sole purpose was to get players to use the basics to win.
Kids these days are wimps. Seth 'unfair hard' ? Akuma in SSF2 was hard, Gill was hard.
Ignitz was unfair and cheap, Seth is fair.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
viewtiful_dru said:
Seth was never "unfair hard." His sole purpose was to get players to use the basics to win.
I honestly thought Seth was by far the easiest boss in any Street Fighter game.

daegan

black_vegeta said:

New openings and endings, the street fighter team are “man enough” to admit the quality wasn’t there the first time around, and has promised they will be improved.

Along with new Ultras and tweaks, older characters will be getting new specials or normals.

As the final boss, people who hate Seth, will hate him even more now. He will be harder but not, “unfair hard.”

New stages will certainly be added, but certain older ones will receive new elements or details.

No form of World Tour mode from Alpha 3 planned anytime soon. If enough people request it for a sequel, it's possible.

Frame data has been changed on certain character's FA, to better balance out certain things. The FA system will NOT see any major changes.

Noooooooooooooo :(

kenta

Has no PEINS
Indestructible has definitely grown on me, I don't know what lesson there is to learn there

If you're going to learn a lesson, learn it from those stupid anime cutscenes

AZ Greg

Nice to finally see confirmation on some new stages and not having to unlock characters. Improve music or add the remixed music during all fights, not just rival, and this game will have everything I could have wanted from a new iteration.

CO_Andy

They need to cut out the character intros in battle, or at least make them quick ala CvS.

The GAF Chatrooms are going to be explosive once this baby launches.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
black_vegeta said:

Awesome, awesome, AWESOME. Glad to see that everyone will be unlocked from the start, too. That practice needs to die in fighting games.

Hope that rival/pre-fight stuff also applies to multiplayer.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
viewtiful_dru said:

my only problem with Seth is that he's a really boring character when playable.

I wish they'd just take him out and put a less obnoxious boss in.

I'd rather fight Igniz then Seth. At least Igniz was inreresting.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Why the hell would they make Seth harder?

viewtiful_dru said:

By "basics", you mean figuring out which single move to spam?

Yeah, I mean, I don't mind unlocking the boss, but needing to unlock the normal characters is really silly.

It was so ridiculous when MvC2 first came out and there were only have the characters on the select screen. And that was on the arcade version. Doing it at home again sucked too.

h3ro

TheCardPlayer said:
THEY CAN'T TAKE INDESTRUCTIBLE AWAY!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

NO-THINGS GO-NNA STOPP ME NOW!

Screw the haters, I'm putting it in my custom soundtrack rotation for SFIV... in English and Japanese! Yeah, I'm hardcore.

viewtiful_dru said:
Yeah, I mean, I don't mind unlocking the boss, but needing to unlock the normal characters is really silly.

It was so ridiculous when MvC2 first came out and there were only have the characters on the select screen. And that was on the arcade version. Doing it at home again sucked too.

SF4 character unlocking I didn't mind.

I actually bought a VMU for the Dreamcast with a save file with the unlocked MvsC2 characters. FUck that! :lol

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Eh, if all the characters are unlocked at start who gives a shit how hard Seth is? Make him ST Akuma hard for all I care. BRING THE PAIN ONO.

Davidion

ZealousD said:
Why the hell would they make Seth harder?

By "basics", you mean figuring out which single move to spam?

Because he's frustrating to fight against with certain characters but generally not anywhere near as bad as other stereotypical cheeseball fighting game bosses.

Out of the characters I use, I have major problems using Dan and strangely enough, himself, against him. Caveat being that I pretty much don't use charge characters. Other than that, he's really not that bad other than on occasion.

arstal said:
my only problem with Seth is that he's a really boring character when playable.

You're joking right? Of course he has a really annoying keep away game, but when Seth gets a knockdown he has some of the most ridiculous mixups in the game. Play a good Seth and you will know pain.

I play Jop's Seth all the time and he destroys me, but I gotta give him mad props because if he makes even ONE mistake he dies.

Seth probably takes the most skill out of any character, but when mastered is a monster. I personally think he's the second best character in the game after Sagat.

Seth is only hard if you try to spam moves when getting up from a knockdown. Motherfucker goes crazy if you try spamming motions in order to do a wake up SRK or some shit like that.

I don't really care about the AI in SF, but SF4 has one of the most horrible AIs ever. I've been playing a lot of the arcade mode while waiting online matches and the CPU is too predictable. Also 9 out of 10 you will land your random ultra. CPU just tries to FA it.

It's not a big deal, but yeah I want better AI.

mik

mik is unbeatable
black_vegeta said:
This is their demented way of ensuring I never trade in the existing game. Huge success.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Rocky_Balboa said:
I don't really care about the AI in SF, but SF4 has one of the most horrible AIs ever. I've been playing a lot of the arcade mode while waiting online matches and the CPU is too predictable. Also 9 out of 10 you will land your random ultra. CPU just tries to FA it.

It's not a big deal, but yeah I want better AI.
Play KOFXII.
SFIV is freakin' Kasparov.

black_vegeta said:

Me likey what I'm reading.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Davidion said:
Because he's frustrating to fight against with certain characters but generally not anywhere near as bad as other stereotypical cheeseball fighting game bosses.

So you're saying that they should make him harder to put him in line with SNK bosses?

Fersis

Lyte Edge said:
Speaking of which, STILL no 360 patch. :lol
Are you playin' SFIV on PS3 ?
Im looking for a sensei :lol

Zapages

I actually liked the cheesiness of Indestructible it was nice change from high metal music GG or hip hop of SF3... It was like cheesy pop, but it was still not overbearing like some soundtracks.

kenta said:
Indestructible has definitely grown on me, I don't know what lesson there is to learn there

If you're going to learn a lesson, learn it from those stupid anime cutscenes

I'm sure hearing that song everyday at your office while the game is in developement will make you "learn your lesson."

kenta

Has no PEINS
black_vegeta said:

I just realized nothing in there says "We're overhauling the ridiculous online play experience into something smooth and usable"

I really really really hope they're working on that. I will buy either way, but come ON guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom