• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 at PSX - Impressions, Gameplay, etc.

KZObsessed

yxwZBW.gif

The gunplay is this game is giving me some of the same feels as KZ2 did. I hope they deliver.

The gameplay was NOT boring.

But it was nothing special.

Neither good nor bad nor boring, just nothing new to the table- especially when they're only fighting boring enemies (Now THAT I would agree is boring)

If Ready At Dawn are betting everything on story, they better be putting in 1000% into it, otherwise they'll just be Ninja Theory's DmC but not as vulgar.

Basically how I feel about it. I'm REALLY hoping the story is really good since the setting and concept is what really has my attention.

kitch9

Banned
I'm actually surprised that they've stuck it out with MSAA. That form of AA seems to be a thing of the past this generation with developers moving on toward cheaper forms of AA. Not that i'm complaining since it's obviously preferable to other AA. But it's still surprising since it's quite expensive compared to the others.

It's still the best though.

sn00zer

It's good enough and they are confident enough to let regular people loose on the demo. So its good enough to be packaged as a downloadable demo. Bugs or crashes are not really relevant for the purpose of this and in any case you know what you're getting in to.

There's really no reason not to have every game that gets a playable demo on a show-floor up for download.

The people who know this would be a very small percentage of the people who download and play it. Is it really that strange to not want to released an unfinished product prone to glitches onto the market?

"Can you get through?"
"Yes, I can get through this gap which you are holding open for me where I only have to bend over the very slightest to fit through".

hohoXD123

No wonder developers just talk about cinematic experience while commenting about the order, all we have seen is quick time events and little shooting or action, I'm expecting this game to bomb hard, it's supposed to be a game not an interactive movie... http://youtu.be/QV1nFJkdxaU
We've actually seen a lot more than that, you evidently haven't though. At least watch the videos for the new demo and the gamescom trailer for a start.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
False?? The game looks gorgeous and I really like the setting but gameplay wise it's more inclined to be a Heavy Rain type of game than anything else, listen to the video impressions
Have you read/watched IGN's impressions or any others from PSX? Lots of people who were skeptical of the game before are coming around after playing it. Combat is evidently quite good.

Ishan

False?? The game looks gorgeous and I really like the setting but gameplay wise it's more inclined to be a Heavy Rain type of game than anything else, listen to the video impressions

jesus. the hate this game gets. First it was great setting/vibe but its a corridor shooter with no oomps guns feel off. ... now that everyone loves that part. ooh gunplay is great setting is great but qtes feel off. Next once that is fixed it;ll be something else.

The only thing ive found annoying about this game so far is the constant "enemy down/neutralized" talking. apart from that seems perfectly fine and def not a beyond/heavy rain sort of game. Its not revolutionizing anything but def not what youre making it out to be.

Where is that blood mist????

EDIT :

Oh yes! There it is. Love how the blood spread

1886bloodmist.gif

This is great. So rare to see games do this. Looks like a squib right off a movie set before they started using CG for everything.

Also, am I the only one that dislikes the auto target move? Looks.....not good. I think they should've just gone for bullet time, or a refined version of Dead Eye from Red Dead Redemption. The way Galahad snaps to targets is really weird for this kind of shooter.

This game has a lot of beauty going for it. I love the color palette, the particles, the animation, and the collision detection on static objects. That kitchen scene was very impressive. I'm officially on board with this game. I'll be getting it Day one.

The only thing I'm really afraid of is if it's going to follow the Gears of War gameplay aspect. I got bored of that really quickly.

MDSLKTR

Could you link me the links or videos all I have been seeing até negative impressions, I'll be more positive about the gameplay when I see people actually saying it so
No one should bother linking anything to you when you consider it to be a "heavy rain type of game".

For the record guys, he's talking about the game itself, not visuals.

@VivekGaf

@Turkishflavor screw videos. I'm talking about GAMEPLAY in front of my eyes

Seems in line with everyone else who thinks the game is good and has just been demoed/marketed poorly

Why are you even bothering?

You don't like this game, it's good, move on now.
This a Gaming forum, if you don't like my opinion about the game you should move on, my criticism is valid and it's specific about the gameplay, I liked the graphics and other aspects of the game, if you don't see flaws in it I respect your opinion but don't try to impose it

Top Bottom