• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 has Dynamic destruction.

Vibranium

Banned
Oh man, it sounds like it could shape up to be great. Hopefully the world is fleshed out a ton too, it'd be great if there was weapon crafting or something like that.

Yay! More chest high, cover based shooters!

We're getting stuff like The Witcher 3, Dragon Age Inquisition, Wasteland 2 and a bunch of other awesome RPGs on the way if you're burnt out on third-person shooters.

Dishonored made a slightly different setting work for a FPS, I don't see why it won't work with this game's style done right.

Ru spent most of the session talking about how The Order: 1886 uses a revolutionary physics system which allows individual objects and its constituent materials to be realistically broken up or deformed ad infinitum. During his presentation the audience was treated to two live prototype gameplay demonstrations (running on a PC with PS4-approximate specs) showing these features in action, and also demonstrating how objects in the environment such as flags are affected by the physical forces associated with a particular environment (in this case wind). Each of the three flags we saw in the second demo fluttered independently of each other, seemingly affected by their position in relation to the wind.

In the second demo Ru demonstrated how objects in The Order: 1886 will deform according to what material they’re made out of. For example, a bronze bucket or metallic wall will visibly dent when shot, while a teddy bear (dumped onto the level for the purpose of this demo) will break up into separate pieces when the same treatment is handed out. Obviously, the type of gun and ammunition being used will also influence how materials in the game react based on the real-world laws of physics which govern them.

AND THE FIRST SIGN OF WHAT TYPE OF GAMEPLAY THE ORDER 1886 IS

Based on what we saw in the two live gameplay demonstrations, The Order: 1886 will be a cover-based shooter with an over-the-shoulder camera perspective in the style of Resident Evil 4 or Gears of War.

More info in the link below.
http://www.el33tonline.com/post/201...ced-physics-system-revealed-at-gamescom-2013/

This sounds great. A greatly expanded RE4/Gears game in this setting would be really sweet. Hopefully it is really over the top.

Raptor

Ru spent most of the session talking about how The Order: 1886 uses a revolutionary physics system which allows individual objects and its constituent materials to be realistically broken up or deformed ad infinitum. During his presentation the audience was treated to two live prototype gameplay demonstrations (running on a PC with PS4-approximate specs) showing these features in action, and also demonstrating how objects in the environment such as flags are affected by the physical forces associated with a particular environment (in this case wind). Each of the three flags we saw in the second demo fluttered independently of each other, seemingly affected by their position in relation to the wind.

In the second demo Ru demonstrated how objects in The Order: 1886 will deform according to what material they’re made out of. For example, a bronze bucket or metallic wall will visibly dent when shot, while a teddy bear (dumped onto the level for the purpose of this demo) will break up into separate pieces when the same treatment is handed out. Obviously, the type of gun and ammunition being used will also influence how materials in the game react based on the real-world laws of physics which govern them.

AND THE FIRST SIGN OF WHAT TYPE OF GAMEPLAY THE ORDER 1886 IS

Based on what we saw in the two live gameplay demonstrations, The Order: 1886 will be a cover-based shooter with an over-the-shoulder camera perspective in the style of Resident Evil 4 or Gears of War.

More info in the link below.
http://www.el33tonline.com/post/201...ced-physics-system-revealed-at-gamescom-2013/
Gears camera third person cover shooter?

Day one baby!!

xoNj5Eo.jpg

Yes please.
The trailer did nothing for me, but this concept art most certainly does.

Just a shame it's more ofna shooter with an emphasis on fantasy weapons, rather than more of an adventure style game. Still need to see more.

Loudninja

The game has dynamic destruction, and while we’re not talking about Battlefield 4 levels of military bombast, Ready At Dawn’s surface and environmental destruction is rather impressive. We saw Weerasuriya jump into a stone courtyard and pumped rounds from the protagonist’s Combogun – an assault rifle and shotgun hybrid – into a brass fixture set into a wall. The object crumpled and imploded with force after each round found its mark, deforming it in real-time.

He then spawned in a bunch of teddy bears and went all Robocop on their stuffed asses, first blowing off a head, and then four limbs one at a time. This might sound like a gimmick, but we were all assured that dynamic destruction, texture warping and convincing object physics lie at the heart of The Order: 1886′s gameplay. When the crowd asked why, we were told it wasn’t yet time for that particular discussion.

What I can tell you is that the game looks brilliant, as in next-gen brilliant, not just a small leap in fidelity. We were treated to a fly-over through an underground plaza lined with pubs, meandering NPCs and street lamps so convincing you could almost hear the bulbs hum. At the end of the street sat a mosaic, with each raised tile impacting the way those lights dances across its surface.
http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/21/ps4-gamescom-2013-sony-brings-its-next-gen-darlings-to-cologne/

Sounds amazing.

Replicant

He then spawned in a bunch of teddy bears and went all Robocop on their stuffed asses, first blowing off a head, and then four limbs one at a time. This might sound like a gimmick, but we were all assured that dynamic destruction, texture warping and convincing object physics lie at the heart of The Order: 1886′s gameplay. When the crowd asked why, we were told it wasn’t yet time for that particular discussion.

stF2CF3.gif

How now brown cow?

The game sounds bizzare

quest

Not Banned from OT
Sounds amazing this is an exclusive that gets me excited for next generation. Can't wait to see some video previews in the coming months.

I'm super hyped for this game! Ready at dawn finally gets it's chance to shine on the big stage and it sounds like they've got something special brewing.

JCreasy

What I can tell you is that the game looks brilliant, as in next-gen brilliant, not just a small leap in fidelity. We were treated to a fly-over through an underground plaza lined with pubs, meandering NPCs and street lamps so convincing you could almost hear the bulbs hum. At the end of the street sat a mosaic, with each raised tile impacting the way those lights dances across its surface.

tumblr_mau0nnhlOv1qbcsn2.gif

so, is the reason they didn't show it to us because they didn't want to steal attention away from other launch window titles? the demo sounds great. I want to see it .

Samyy

so, is the reason they didn't show it to us because they didn't want to steal attention away from other launch window titles? the demo sounds great. I want to see it .

Maybe.. Famousmortimer seemed to allude to the fact that Sony was unwilling to drop news about their big games because they knew that they would sell out and therefore didn't need to drop the games.

I guess they want to blitz people from VGAs- GDC- E3- Gamescom next year

Maybe.. Famousmortimer seemed to allude to the fact that Sony was unwilling to drop news about their big games because they knew that they would sell out and therefore didn't need to drop the games.

I guess they want to blitz people from VGAs- GDC- E3- Gamescom next year

If so, I would had loved it if they spent more time on those non-megaton exclusives they announced at Gamescom, even if just Rapture, SotB, and Rime.

As it is, it got swept away by the ridiculously fast pacing of the show, leaving it but mere seconds of highlight.

Replicant

PLEAAAASEEE, I want to see this.

ciridesu

Every now and then, a game with an absolutely amazing premise and setting pops out and that alone has confirmed it as a purchase.

This is one of those games. Not to mention it's Ready at Dawn

rdrr gnr

This dynamic destruction is actually a feature that can benefit greatly from PS4's hUMA.
I think a great many games would benefit from dynamic destruction. No game feels the same after spending hundreds of hours in BC2. Environments should feel like a playground in games not a static movie set.

This is something that should be in all next-gen games. If I have a weapon that causes destruction and I fire it at something that should get destructed, it should destruct.

"environmental destruction"

Will... Will we finally be getting a true successor to Red Faction 1's GeoMod engine? Don't get me wrong, I loved demolishing the structures in RFG and RFA, but I want to blast fucking craters in the GROUND, too!

luffeN

The session happened yesterday 1330 to 1400 local time. There was only ONE slot for this taking place in Auditorium I, wherever that is.
"environmental destruction"

Will... Will we finally be getting a true successor to Red Faction 1's GeoMod engine? Don't get me wrong, I loved demolishing the structures in RFG and RFA, but I want to blast fucking craters in the GROUND, too!
Probably not as the VG article mentions that it will not be Battlefield level of destruction.

charsace

Games are now getting into Victorian and Steam punk now. That's good. I love reading books in that setting and this game looks like how I imagine things from those books. I wonder what books inspired the devs.

Probably not as the VG article mentions that it will not be Battlefield level of destruction.

I don't know the level of destruction in Battlefield since I avoid those franchises like the plague.

Sigh, I guess I'll never get to blow up the world outside of Minecraft and RF1 :p

Top Bottom