• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 has gone gold

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Great movie. Really under appreciated given how people have taken to his other films.

It's actually considered by many (specially here) as Nolan's best film.

It's a very well done character drama, the best he's done. The rest of his other films have problems with characters that are not the main one, IMO. I still love them all though.

Also, I can't wait for Tesla to be my bro.

AkXKfOE.gif

Roussow

You guys are talking about 50mbs download speed like it's average. Here in Australia games download at an average of 500kbs. You lucky bastards.

Cubed

I'm so glad Ive kept this game in the dark. I've seen about 10 minutes of footage total up to this point.

Going into this sucker fresh!

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Have Ready At Dawn mentioned anything about doing a specific soundmix for this for the sony headset ? Would be cool if they did.

I'll be buying this, rinsing it in a weekend and getting my money back the week after. Seems great for a weekend runthrough :)

You guys are talking about 50mbs download speed like it's average. Here in Australia games download at an average of 500kbs. You lucky bastards.

Before I moved from a small country town to Sydney, I use to get download speeds of roughly 50-90 kb/s, between 100-150 kb/s on a good day, and over 200 kb/s on a really good day.

Now that I've moved, that ping test people posted showed me that I get like 25 mb/s, but really my ps4 downloads just under 1 mb/s and I think that is amazing. If I got the speeds of some people in this thread I'd be like "holy hell that is too fast"

Javin98

Banned
Gameplay looks last gen meh
5 reasons why you might not want to pre-order (1886) The Order: 1886 - Eurogamer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjalebKd4wE

I'm still very interested from a visual standpoint, but even before Eurogamers take. The game looked like a run of the mill cover based shooter.
LOL, you're using that Eurogamer video as a reason for not pre ordering? If you haven't realized, some of their articles were really face palm worthy and downright biased.

photogaz

Did this go gold a little earlier than normal games? I wonder if that's because they had to have the disc ready for the special editions?

anddo0

LOL, you're using that Eurogamer video as a reason for not pre ordering? If you haven't realized, some of their articles were really face palm worthy and downright biased.

Nope.

I came to this conclusion on my own. Eurogamer just backs up some of my fears.
I've had this feeling before launch of a major AAA's before (Watch Dogs, Destiny). I dodged the Assassins Creed bullet. I'm not repeating the same mistakes of 2014. I'm still very interested. But I'm going with my gut on this one, wait for the honeymoon period to be over, and see what this game is really about.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Did this go gold a little earlier than normal games? I wonder if that's because they had to have the disc ready for the special editions?
One month before US launch seems like the average gold date for console titles with physical releases.

FranXico

Gameplay looks last gen meh
5 reasons why you might not want to pre-order (1886) The Order: 1886 - Eurogamer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjalebKd4wE

I'm still very interested from a visual standpoint, but even before Eurogamers take. The game looked like a run of the mill cover based shooter.

Why, that sounds very pro-consumer!

Where's their video asking people not to pre-order Evolve, based on the beta?
Or a video shaming Ubisoft for AC:U?
Good thing that they're not spamming us with news about Destiny, either!

Nope.

I would not use such an untrustworthy and biased source as Eurogamer to confirm my suspicions on anything.

Edit: It's fine if you chose to wait and see. I always do (only game I pre-ordered last year was GTA V). But really, I would not trust EG to give me any kind of honest opinion on the matter.

Javin98

Banned
Nope.

I've had this feeling before launch of a major AAA's before (Watch Dogs, Destiny). I dodged the Assassins Creed bullet. I'm not repeating the same mistakes of 2014. I'm still very interested. But I'm going with my gut on this one, wait for the honeymoon period to be over, and see what this game is really about.
I don't think you should be doubting Ready At Dawn. They have a good track record and the more recent trailers of The Order 1886 show some solid gameplay. Perhaps you don't like blowing chunks out of enemies? ;)

Anyway, you gotta keep your expectations right. I don't expect this to be GOTY material but from what I've seen, it looks like a linear cover shooter with horror elements and solid gameplay. And to top it off, it's the best looking game out there now.

AsfaeksBR

When is the Review Embargo due?
I have it pre-ordered already, but I'm thinking of going digital since I heard The boxes version will only be available in Brazil a week later..

When is the Review Embargo due?
I have it pre-ordered already, but I'm thinking of going digital since I heard The boxes version will only be available in Brazil a week later..

As far as it can be assumed, I don't think the press have received any review copies yet.

Weerasuriya (Creative Director of The Order) was last quoted to currently being on a press tour for the game.

I'm guessing there'll be another round of previews first once the press tour's completed, before RAD/Sony will send the review copies.

Besides, being a linear single-player game in a time where there's not that many other games coming out? It shouldn't take very long to finish/review the game.

Top Bottom