• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMoon

I saw another German review yesterday.. it looks to be removed now. but I took some screens..

bnyhUUf.jpg

mEkDXem.jpg

it was here.. http://www.onpsx.de/

That reviewer's writing style sounds like he's 16 or something. Really bad.

edit: I just realized .... that reviewers username is "crack-king" ...I guess I'm right on the money with the age guess.

Bl@de

Microsoft fans rubbing their hands...ready to attack
Sony fans rubbing their hands...ready to defend
Nintendo fans rubbing their hands...ready to pre-order the next wave of amiibos

Yeah, I posted this in the other thread as well but it's that good of a joke. Only second to my Kitizen Kane pun for SM3DW.

TJFS4u5.jpg

In before 5/10 from Polygon

i-Lo

It's never the best thing for games that review embargoes that lift the day of launch. I'm expecting mid 7s across the board (most of us are cognisant if it). Hopefully the inevitable sequel will improve upon the base.

Your google translate for the last german article is pretty unintelligible:
Ready At Dawn liefert einen hervorragenden Einstand auf der PS4. Jeder, der mit spitzen Grafik, einer tollen Story, die hervorragend präsentiert wird und einem Sound, der seines Gleichen sucht, etwas anfangen kann, sollte unbedingt zuschlagen. All diejenigen, die genau ausrechnen wieviel Inhalt sie für einen investierten Euro bekommen, denken indes noch einmal über den Kauf nach.

Mine would be:
Ready at Dawn delivers here an outstanding first entry on the PS4. Anyone who is looking for top-notch graphics, a stunningly presented story and sound-design, who are looking for something unique, or to start something new... should absolutely grab this game. Even all of those who would exactly calculate 'how much content they are getting for XX Euros," should nonetheless consider buying this game.
I recommend replacing the OP with this.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
If game length is cited as an issue, despite possibly being perfect for the game and its story, without any mention as to why it's a bad thing, then that's going to suck.

danowat

Banned
Me fail English that unpossible.

Autocorrect will be my death sometimes.

Amazes me that people even bother to write a review in a language they clearly have no grasp of.

There is far, far too many completely incoherent reviews in the media.

Handy Fake

I'm legitimately curious about the IGN review.

Aye. Also Eurogamer's - after that "pre-Order video" fiasco I'm wondering if there's any way they could give a good score (should it be warranted) without losing face and looking like idiots. Part of me says no.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
"The Order: 1886 Review: PS4's First True Exclusive Killer App, Truly An Amazing Story With Perfect Ending"

Masterful

"The order 1886 starts with you escaping prison with 3 button presses and about 10 seconds of gameplay, it wasn't really a good sign but unbelievably the game pulls a 360 and delivers one of the strongest games to ever hit a console if you love a strong story and memorable shoot outs."

"The game offers a very strong 3rd person cover / shoot mechanic that is silky smooth and delivers visceral combat throughout the many encounters, throughout the game, although the stealth is rather weak, thankfully these sections are brief and do not deter from the game. The black sight ability used in game is a little weak and feels wonky but in tight situations, it saved my life a couple of times."

That's literally all he says about gameplay, then he says some tangent about QTE/cutscenes. And lmao at "pulls a 360".

danowat

Banned
Masterful, it's almost prose, Dickens eat your heart out.

is a PS4 exclusive, that's a singleplayer only third person shooter, set in 1886 looking at the name, in a history fantasy setting where you play as fancy look knights of a the kingdom, and you kill creatures that I won't tell what they are because spoilers.

TheMoon

"The order 1886 starts with you escaping prison with 3 button presses and about 10 seconds of gameplay, it wasn't really a good sign but unbelievably the game pulls a 360 and delivers one of the strongest games to ever hit a console if you love a strong story and memorable shoot outs."

"The game offers a very strong 3rd person cover / shoot mechanic that is silky smooth and delivers visceral combat throughout the many encounters, throughout the game, although the stealth is rather weak, thankfully these sections are brief and do not deter from the game. The black sight ability used in game is a little weak and feels wonky but in tight situations, it saved my life a couple of times."

That's literally all he says about gameplay, then he says some tangent about QTE/cutscenes. And lmao at "pulls a 360".

Well, "pulls a 360" is actually right ...just not for what he wanted to say :p

thebloo

Aye. Also Eurogamer's - after that "pre-Order video" fiasco I'm wondering if there's any way they could give a good score (should it be warranted) without losing face and looking like idiots. Part of me says no.

They just dropped scores. And giving it a Recommended is not contrary to what they said before. But I think they'll give it a "Nothing".

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I don't think more reviews are needed after that brilliant piece from Gamepur. They even used 'visceral' twice, so you know it's good!

I expect a lot of varied scores. Not everybody is going to be a fan of the ultra cinematic nature of this game, I don't think.

I agree. It's going to be all over the place. I think it will settle on MC at 65-75%, which I'm sure RAD will breathe a heavy sigh of relief over if it sells decently to match.

spekkeh

Banned
Let's not repeat the previous thread, shall we?
Shameless GIF repost because the first review thread closed before I could get it in there.

ERNMmGq.gif

Loollllll

That gamepur html name:
18052-order-1886-review-ps4s-first-true-exclusive-killer-app-truly-amazing-story.html
yeah sure guys.

TheMoon

How does 7.5, 9.5, 10 and 9 equate to a score of 7.5? It's just like they entered their numbers into a RNG.

The final 7.5. is not a "sum of previous scores/average," it's a separate score for "Spielspaß" which I would translate as "enjoyment."

That cannot be the average if only one item scored 7.5 with everything else being higher. What the fuck? Lol

It's not the average. Do realize that this is a different language and that words mean stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom