• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 screenshots

thuway

Can someone get the best quality encode? I'm sick of seeing this gradual Twitch to low resolution Polygon player garbage.

jett

D-Member
With all due resepect to RAD, I do believe they have toned down the polygon count on the characters, especially on the clothes, looking at some of the new screens.

Jan says it's also about moving cover-mechanics forward, creating shooting spaces that feel hostile, claustrophobic and, most importantly, fresh. Part of that is about realistic perspective and tight control over movement.

"We pulled the camera really close," he said. "You can still see over the cover somewhat, but you don't have free aim. You can look up over the cover or look around cover without sticking out too far. The enemies can't hit you very well when you do that. We also give you a lot of abilities to move around quickly in and out of cover.

"You can quickly detach, reattach, move, transfer to other objects very fluidly. All of the stuff we worked on was refinements to making it not feel very old school, where you'd press a button, and stuff would happen. We let you inch off and come back without doing anything more than just manipulating the analog sticks. I don't think we've revolutionized cover, we've taken things about cover and purposed them for our use specifically and then also massaged them to make them new."

Here's an idea, how about they show this to us instead of telling us about it? :p Sounds interesting, but maybe they're making it sound more interesting than it actually is, just like the whole soft body physics stuff.

luca_29_bg

0udZgXE.jpg

Never seen this until now!

Top Bottom