• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 screenshots

StuBurns

Banned
TLoU was never delayed.

GI said 2012, but it was speculation. I was just reading through the E3 gameplay reveal the other day and ND were in there saying they didn't say 2012.

Infamous, MLB, TLoU: R, DriveClub and Planetside2 would be a pretty lame 1st full year for the plattform.

Especially since DriveClub was originally announced for 2013, Planetside2 and TLoU are just ports and MLB is a yearly installment.

There also isn't anything on Vita this year.

I think Sony counts on great 3rd party support this year and is preparing some great stuff for 2015.

modulaire

What do you think is the reason for the delay?

Just the usual 'more time to finish/polish the game'?

Or were RAD and Sony surprised by the slight backslash (it's 'just' a linear TPS with no MP/co-op) and are expanding a bit on their original vision?

StuBurns

Banned
Just for polish probably, Sony know they have the breathing room so they might as well let it bake a little longer.
°°ToMmY°°;113599546 said:
It was delayed fom may to june of the same year
Oh yeah, I forgot about that, I thought he meant the 2012 date, my bad.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
TLoU was never delayed.

GI said 2012, but it was speculation. I was just reading through the E3 gameplay reveal the other day and ND were in there saying they didn't say 2012.

It was delayed by six weeks or something. TLoU was supposed to ciome out in may.

TLoU was never delayed.

Sure it was

As we entered the final phase of development for The Last of Us, we came to realize just how massive Joel and Ellie’s journey is. But instead of cutting corners or compromising our vision, we came to the tough decision that the game deserved a few extra weeks to ensure every detail of The Last of Us was up to Naughty Dog’s internal high standards.

The extra wait will be very short and your patience will be rewarded. Update your calendars. You won’t even have to change seasons. The Last of Us will be available June 14th, 2013. Until then, know that we will be working extremely hard to deliver an experience that matches your high expectations.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/13/the-last-of-us-is-coming-in-june/

Neil and Bruce even told a story about how nervous they were when they went into Evan's office to ask if they could delay it because ND just didn't delay games.

stryke

TLoU was never delayed.

It did have that one month delay from May to June...or are we talking about something else?

Loudninja

TLoU was never delayed.

The Last of Us is an ambitious project. In many ways it may be Naughty Dog’s most ambitious project to date – brand new universe and cast of characters, brand new tech, brand new genre, not to mention it’s easily the longest campaign Naughty Dog has ever made.

As we entered the final phase of development for The Last of Us, we came to realize just how massive Joel and Ellie’s journey is. But instead of cutting corners or compromising our vision, we came to the tough decision that the game deserved a few extra weeks to ensure every detail of The Last of Us was up to Naughty Dog’s internal high standards.

As a team we pride ourselves on setting a very high quality bar for every aspect of our games – gameplay, story, art, design, technology and more. We want to make sure The Last of Us raises that bar even further – for ourselves, and most importantly, for you, our fans.

The extra wait will be very short and your patience will be rewarded. Update your calendars. You won’t even have to change seasons. The Last of Us will be available June 14th, 2013. Until then, know that we will be working extremely hard to deliver an experience that matches your high expectations.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/13/the-last-of-us-is-coming-in-june/

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

Or were RAD and Sony surprised by the slight backslash (it's 'just' a linear TPS with no MP/co-op) and are expanding a bit on their original vision?

In all honesty? It was never intended to come out this year. Sony let it ride to give the PS4 a decent looking lineup and garner early sales.

I'm a Sony fan and have owned ONLY Sony consoles, but that's what I think happened.

DieH@rd

Banned

Dont expect any meaningful expansion [adding coop/mp/larger gameworld] in 3-4month delay. This is most likely caused by polishing.

In all honesty? It was never intended to come out this year. Sony let it ride to give the PS4 a decent looking lineup and garner early sales.

I'm a Sony fan and have owned ONLY Sony consoles, but that's what I think happened.

I disagree. Pessino wouldn't had painted a target on his back by saying 'aiming for a fall release' if it wasn't planned to release this year.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I disagree. Pessino wouldn't had painted a target on his back by saying 'aiming for a fall release' if it wasn't planned to release this year.

'Aiming' for a Fall release isn't 'committing' to a Fall release. I'm not saying it was planned from the start, I'm saying that they knew in January that it would never meet the deadline but let the hype continue.

'Aiming' for a Fall release isn't 'committing' to a Fall release. I'm not saying it was planned from the start, I'm saying that they knew in January that it would never meet the deadline but let the hype continue.

I can agree on that standpoint. They probably knew that they couldn't hit it after the first few development milestones, and at that point of time, they started 'no comment' on release window anymore.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I can agree on that standpoint. They probably knew that they couldn't hit it after the first few development milestones, and at that point of time, they started 'no comment' on release window anymore.

And at which point they began thinking about what they could do to fill that void. TLOU (adjustable release window), Beyond: Two Souls and maybe GOWA could fit the bill.

ron_bato

Poll: do you think Sony will show werewolves this time around, or will their PR continue to be incompetent?

They'll probably show that at E3. I'm thinking we'll get more or less the same section they provided last Friday. But who knows, now that the delay news is out there, I'm keeping my expectations in check with every new release of The Order info.

DieH@rd

Banned
0 MINUTES

iD9Kxte18LhMv.gif

DieH@rd

Banned
"As we look to bring this experience to the players, we have decided to spend some extra time to deliver on the promise we made when we first introduced the game," offered a Sony spokesperson. "As such, you can expect The Order: 1886 to come exclusively to the PlayStation 4 in early 2015."

Today, Polygon is carrying a full interview with game director Dana Jan as well as impressions of the cover-based shooter.

Top Bottom