• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 screenshots

J2d

I was probably gonna wait for a price drop so it doesn't affect me that much. Hopefully Sony has a something unannounced coming out before this year is over because the ps4 has been pretty meh for me so far.

Salex_

If even this delay is true, there's other retail and downloaded exclusives that are scheduled to release this year. They just aren't in the TPS or FPS genre.

Since Shu talked about having shorter reveal ---> release cycles, I wouldn't be surprised Sony Bend, MM, SCE Londons, GG, Japan Studios (TLG or Project Beast), or Sumo Digital (LBP3) released a game this year. All of those studios have unannounced (minus TLG) games have been in development for at least 2 years.

Spiegel

Gravity Rush 2 is now their big fall game. Believe.

And still for Vita.

E3 better deliver because surely PS3 and PSV aren't taking up first party resources anymore.

Cygan

Neo Member
Possible, until they fired Amy Hennig and started a different direction for Uncharted

She wasn't fired, she decided to leave for her own reasons whatever they may be. The majority plot and level design is already set in stone, if they wanted to change the direction of UC4 then that would require a complete redesign of the game which I doubt.

There's still a chance for Uncharted 4 to release in Nov 2014. Seeing how big Naughty Dog is now a days they released The Last of Us 19 months after UC3 instead of the standard 24 do to there two studio design.
They worked on The Last of Us since 2009 (3.5 years total). Uncharted 4 probably started after Uncharted 3 (2011-?). If UC 4 would release this year, then there would still be a 6 month difference between Uncharted and The Last of Us. Maybe Uncharted is faster to develop (3 only took 2 years IIRC), but the woes of a new platform certainly increased the production period. Combined with the game director leaving it probably won't make 2014.

Wells & Ballestra said that U4 production is unaffected.
Well with the game director leaving and voice actor replaced it certainly was affected somewhat. They never announced a date, so they can comfortably say that.

Insane Metal

Gold Member
Jesus Christ... that means the only first party title I'll be getting this year is Driveclub? What the hell is wrong with Sony? '-'

The PS4 got off to a hot start on the back of third party ports (stuff like CoD, Battlefield and NBA pulled in a lot more eyes and buyers than diehards on places like GAF like to give them credit for) and indie titles via PS Plus. I don't see why they can't still offer that this fall.

100% agreed. Assassin Creed Unity, the next COD, Watchdogs and Destiny will carry the console till 2015!

Jesus Christ... that means the only first party title I'll be getting this year is Driveclub? What the hell is wrong with Sony? '-'

Yeah that's a little sad.

But to be fair, it's not that better on XBO (Sunset and probably Forza H2) or WiiU(Bayonetta and maybe X but I doubt it).

The war begins next year I suppose.

You know, it's funny. The Order gets delayed and everyone cries "Sony's 2014 holiday lineup sucks!"

If it wasn't for Nktrnl, no one would've known about FH2 nor Halo2A coming this year(maybe for FH2). Why isn't it possible for Sony to be hiding a few things like MS was hiding a few announcements? Hell, they just recently announced that MC collection of Halo 1-4.

All I'm saying it wait until e3 to see what Sony has in store. If they don't announce anything new for this holiday season, then you may say it'll suck.

nib95

Banned
You know, it's funny. The Order gets delayed and everyone cries "Sony's 2014 holiday lineup sucks!"

If it wasn't for Nktrnl, no one would've known about FH2 nor Halo2A coming this year(maybe for FH2).

Just one other reason why I think ntlkrnl may have been a controlled leak.

VanWinkle

If it wasn't for Nktrnl, no one would've known about FH2 nor Halo2A coming this year(maybe for FH2). Why isn't it possible for Sony to be hiding a few things like MS was hiding a few announcements? Hell, they just recently announced that MC collection of Halo 1-4.

All I'm saying it wait until e3 to see what Sony has in store. If they don't announce anything new for this holiday season, then you may say it'll suck.

We did know Halo in some form was coming to XB1 this year. They mentioned that several times.

KingJ2002

looks great. this generation looks to focus on more environmental effects and true weather systems.

The order looks like it's going to nail it.

UrbanRats

I'm happy that the devs are getting more time to polish their game, but at the same time, this 2014 just keeps getting worse and worse.

Truly, a transition year.

Phreak47

It's easy to forget COD:G is the top selling PS4 game, so yes, PS4 will absolutely "survive" even the most dismal predictions for the first party in 2014 issue. It's just that there will be much rabbling amongst a certain percentage. Namely, us.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
They are not scared about giving devs more time this time around.

At this rate we'll get 1 major game from each sony first party studio by the end of the generation lol. This is a horrible first year. My ps4 will be mostly untouched the rest of this year.

Xpliskin

It's easy to forget COD:G is the top selling PS4 game, so yes, PS4 will absolutely "survive" even the most dismal predictions for the first party in 2014 issue. It's just that there will be much rabbling amongst a certain percentage. Namely, us.

nodding_1308116536.jpg

Plus there's absolutely nothing whatsoever to suggest that Sony can't announce more games for 2014. Like DirgeExtinction said, MS 2014 lineup would currently consist of Sunset Overdrive and that's it if it weren't for that leak. HALO 5 was delayed and Quantum Break is just hitting full production. But because of the leak it's known that there's also going to be a HALO remaster and Forza Horizon 2. Both are obviously going to be announced at E3.

nib95

Banned
Larger image at normal speed. There's definitely hair growing from top to bottom as plastic-man pointed out

i1kZ1fIUo8lrs.gif

Most probably a transformation. You can see the fur build up and the person gain height. Assuming of course that the werwolf's are bigger in size and stature compared to normal humans.

Elginer

Gravity Rush 2 is now their big fall game. Believe.

And still for Vita.

E3 better deliver because surely PS3 and PSV aren't taking up first party resources anymore.

I'm kind of ok with that, I need me some more Gravity Rush. Seriously though, it will be disappointing if only Drive Club and TLOU HD version are it for Sony this year. I have plenty of other games to play like Destiny and The Evil Within but The Order would have been really nice to round out the list as something special and exclusive.

Pretty much this. Id be shocked if they dont have a game other than DC for their fall. It might just be a port or something small, but I cant see them not announcing anything for this year.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Just one other reason why I think ntlkrnl may have been a controlled leak.

Been saying this for a while now and every time I mention it, a MS fan comes and tries to smack down the idea, but let's be real: a random person leaking almost MS's entire plans for 2014 during a time where MS was looking for a little positive PR and getting people hyped? I'll get called a tinfoil crackpot, but that's just how I see it

wapplew

Do you see The order going more grounded way or go crazy with monster setting?
Part of me want giant ass monster boss fight, party of me think they need to keep things realistic.

Pennywise

Been saying this for a while now and every time I mention it, a MS fan comes and tries to smack down the idea, but let's be real: a random person leaking almost MS's entire plans for 2014 during a time where MS was looking for a little positive PR and getting people hyped? I'll get called a tinfoil crackpot, but that's just how I see it
Plus someone like Jason Schreier also got the info that it was controlled as far as I renember.

Well, whatever.
E3 is soon and we will find out what Sony has to offer.
First im interested in decent quality stuff of the Order.

Shabad

more like

2008=cool
2009=cool
2010=cool
2011=cool
2012=shit
2013=cool
2014=shit

Well, to be honest, 2012 is the year Sony published Wipeout 2048, Gravity Rush, LBP Vita, Uncharted: GA. People forget that in 2012, Sony had to support Vita launch - and did most admirably imo.

2014 would be pretty barren over all their platforms. The worst WWS's yearly production since forever really. If nothing is announced at E3, that is.

Top Bottom