• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 screenshots

Matush

Ij6PlZ4.png

https://twitter.com/NaughtyGods/status/471007452163747840
I don't have any problem with this. Fall is already crowded and I'm sure Sony doesn't want Order to get lost. Also, if the game is not ready, it's not ready. Polish it up and release AAA product that this new IP deserves.

Is Arkham Knight confirmed for this year?

It is. There was a delay rumour floating around a little while back, but it was debunked fairly quickly.

delayed? Then for the love of god delay it long enough so you can add MP.

Or rather delay it to improve the single player campaign, and not bother with a multiplayer mode for the sake of having a multiplayer mode.

The PS4 got off to a hot start on the back of third party ports (stuff like CoD, Battlefield and NBA pulled in a lot more eyes and buyers than diehards on places like GAF like to give them credit for) and indie titles via PS Plus. I don't see why they can't still offer that this fall.

DieH@rd

Banned

I expected this to be a November release [Sony needs more big exclusive games for 2014], but at least "delay" is just 3 month away from my preferred date. It will be mine on day 1.

There is already too many games that I plan on purchasing in Sept-Oct-Nov. This makes my wallet little happier... but on the other hand, Feb is also the month when Witcher 3 will be out. Hopefully Order gets relesed at least week before it.

Hopefully tomorrow we will get official date. Enough with rumors.

If Sony Studios were being managed competently they wouldn't be in a situation where they would have to choose between being a poor game or delaying. I know that point was pretty easy to see so I don't know why you seem to be purposely being obtuse about it Loudninja.
RaD is not part of Sony Studios. God of War Ascension and Beyond were released on time last year and The Last of Us only saw a minor delay. The smaller games also mostly released on time.
PS4 delays in 2014 are getting a bit worrisome, but I would rather attribute that to the woes of a new platform and maybe a management problem in select studios instead of the entire Sony WWS and partners.

Lingitiz

No it not. It coming on Oct. I suspect Sony have something on holidays.

Holiday is probably a poor term. I'm thinking Sept - Dec releases since that's when the rush of games really starts. Sept is usually where Microsoft drops a Halo or Gears.

Unless TLG, Project Beast, or Uncharted are way farther along than we know of, I'm not sure what they could do. Again, Sony has shown in the past that they are willing to have a poor year if they don't absolutely need to get games out. Considering Destiny and AC will likely be their comarketed games, they don't really need to do anything. If so, it'll definitely be a disappointment.

It would also suck to not have The Order in that primetime holiday spot. I guess those extra few months are more valuable than setting up a potential new flagship IP for the holiday buying season. Witcher 3 is also coming in Feb so that will take away some of the spotlight from this game.

I don't have any problem with this. Fall is already crowded and I'm sure Sony doesn't want Order to get lost. Also, if the game is not ready, it's not ready. Polish it up and release AAA product that this new IP deserves.

I really think Sony learned some lesson after Uncharted 3. Even though the game was pretty polished you could see that some things lacked and naughty dog always said in interviews how they there working for the deadline in interviews.
Their next project took more time and it turned out great.

GameSeeker

In Feb. I predicted this might happen. Of course at the time I got ridiculed and dismissed.

2 weeks to the next cinematic trailer - I'm confident it will be good.

We will likely get a release date at E3. Given the game has been running behind schedule, it's probably a 50-50 proposition it ships in 2014. 2015 is real possibility.

It's always disappointing to have a delay, but it's been happening to many next-gen games: Watch Dogs, Infamous: SS, DriveClub, Destiny, Kinect Sports Rivals, Witcher 3, etc.

Hopefully the delay will help RAD achieve their full vision for game. It already looks better than any next-gen game shown to date and the extra time can be used to polish the gameplay.

m360

The IQ is incredible ... and i love the look. A little bit like it's "filmed" with a petzval lens or something like that.

Cygan

Neo Member
There's still a chance for Uncharted 4 to release in Nov 2014. Seeing how big Naughty Dog is now a days they released The Last of Us 19 months after UC3 instead of the standard 24 do to there two studio design. It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for UC4 to release in Nov 2014 which is 17 months after the release of The Last of Us. They have like 250 employee's now compared to Ready at Dawn's 80.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I for one welcome a nice delay if it's warrented. I'd rather have Driveclub in October than last November. I do believe that some projects over-promise and due to restraints under-deliver. Driveclub will hopefully deliver the goods. If a delay to The Order is happening (still need official confirmation before I start crying) it's probably for a good cause. Hopefully the game will be better because of it.

There's still a chance for Uncharted 4 to release in Nov 2014. Seeing how big Naughty Dog is now a days they released The Last of Us 19 months after UC3 instead of the standard 24 do to there two studio design. It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for UC4 to release in Nov 2014 which is 17 months after the release of The Last of Us. They have like 250 employee's now compared to Ready at Dawn's 80.

Possible, until they fired Amy Hennig and started a different direction for Uncharted

If they are seriously going to announce its delayed to 2015 on stage at E3........

At least MS had the smarts to announce Halo was delayed a year before the show.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
...Come on now, Sony.
At this point, I can't believe they only have DriveClub for this Holiday season. Heck, I still want to wait tomorrow, when probably we'll get updates on release date too, before thinking about what could be released alongside DriveClub.

i-Lo

When was it originally stated for release?

Does not matter in the larger scheme of things if they can attain their vision. Given the impression Gamesradar's journalist provided about DriveClub pertaining to the huge improvement he saw from last year's E3, I'd rather have RAD not falter with their aim with a new IP to meet a deadline.

DieH@rd

Banned

Release date [or year] was never announced. So technically, this isn't a delay.

Possible, until they fired Amy Hennig and started a different direction for Uncharted

You are now speculating too much, because it could have gone totally other way. Maybe she wanted to kill Drake off in the end cinematic, and had to quit because Wells & Ballestra did not wanted that. She could have quit because of the plans for Uncharted 5 & 6. All we know is that she departed ND because of "creative differences" and Wells & Ballestra said that U4 production is unaffected.

Loudninja

Does not matter in the larger scheme of things if they can attain their vision. Given the impression Gamesradar's journalist provided about DriveClub pertaining to the huge improvement he saw from last year's E3, I'd rather have RAD not falter with their aim with a new IP to meet a deadline.
Not much really Sony had it listed for 2014 but never said anything.

...Come on now, Sony.
At this point, I can't believe they only have DriveClub for this Holiday season. Heck, I still want to wait tomorrow, when probably we'll get updates on release date too, before thinking about what could be released alongside DriveClub.

All of the games. Literally. And they're all going to be better on the PS4, too. Hell, given the marketing, Destiny might as well be exclusive. Sony won 2014, straight up.

Top Bottom