• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Outer Worlds Xbox One X versus PC (This is disappointing)

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
More annoying to me at least, is I booted the PC game up earlier and it didn’t sync my Xbox saves as it’s not supported...

THAT is some fuck. Oh well...

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
And Microsoft owns Obsidian now. Disappointing. But if Microsoft doesn't care that much about Xbox anymore, why should we?

Last edited:

Tiamat2san

I love the art style and the game is still « pretty » on X on a 65’’ oled screen.
And for people like me that don’t want to play on a computer, it’s ok.
Maybe next gen it will almost on par.

It can look really ugly in some spots on the base Xbox one model, first terra 2 area has so many pop ins and texture issues

wow looking through some of these pc images makes me wish I could play it in that, looks so much better than this shitty base model graphics

Last edited:
I have to say that the lack of decent anisotropic filtering and missing ground foliage is quite jarring on the One X.
The sky and buildings look decent enough and then the ground rocks up and smears shit into your eyes.
Hopefully they can fix it with a patch as the PS4 and PS4 pro both seem to be using higher settings here.
I have to say that the 30fps on this game really hurts my eyes when you pan horizontally. Maybe due to the colour palette and narrow FOV?
With all that said, I'm really enjoying the actual game so far. Fingers crossed on them fixing the ground details soon.

magnumpy

all these games are designed with previous gen PS4/XB1 level graphics in mind, then "enhanced" somewhat for the X and Pro, big surprise that the results are underwhelming. next generation can't come soon enough! this generation is getting extremely old and outdated :(

thelastword

Banned
all these games are designed with previous gen PS4/XB1 level graphics in mind, then "enhanced" somewhat for the X and Pro, big surprise that the results are underwhelming. next generation can't come soon enough! this generation is getting extremely old and outdated :(
This generation is fine, not all developers can push graphics like your ND, Santa Monica, PD etc.... I'm not sure I've ever seen a game from Obsidian with great graphics. So it's not too surprising that OW isn't one either.

PerfectDark

Banned
I just built a new pc. Get 130 fps 1440p on ultra in CoD MW. I also have a xb1x, and Switch.

Those pics look good on xbox. What do you expect for a console about to be put to rest in 12 months? I have the game on xbox game pass. No reason to play it on pc.

nani17

are in a big trouble
804.jpg

Ascend to godhood

Max_Po

Banned
That's funny, because some of the best games of this and past generations have only been on console.

That's not funny, that is the fucking truth. PS4 has so many games that it is not even a competition. I just started this on PC and Days Gone on PS4 Pro.

dok1or

With the .ini tweaks this looks ridiculous on PC

What tweaks have you used?

Mine:

[SystemSettings]
r.MaxAnisotropy=16
r.ViewDistanceScale=3
foliage.LODDistanceScale=3
r.SkeletalMeshLODBias=-2
r.StaticMeshLODDistanceScale=0.1
r.StaticMeshLODDistanceScale=0.75
r.Streaming.HLODStrategy=2