The Phantom Pain, aka Metal Gear Solid V, Announced (360/PS3, "Moby Dick Studio")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Jun 6, 2004
@geoffkeighley 8:12 PM
Thanks for all the VGA feedback. The Phantom Pain is an a completely game, nothing that has been shown before. I assure you of that.

gotta love how Geoff was all "ONE OF OUR TRAILERS IS LIKE A PUZZLE AND EVERYONE'S GONNA BE PUTTING PIECES TOGETHER"

and then we all realized its obviously MGS like 10 seconds into the trailer

@geoffkeighley 8:12 PM
Thanks for all the VGA feedback. The Phantom Pain is an a completely game, nothing that has been shown before. I assure you of that.
well its cool to know its not ground zeroes

Nov 8, 2008
Moby Dick said:
"AND I ONLY AM ESCAPED ALONE TO TELL THEE" Job.

The drama's done. Why then here does any one step forth?—Because one did survive the wreck.
It was the devious-cruising Rachel, that in her retracing search after her missing children, only found another orphan.
Seemed like an escape in the trailer. This is from the last chapter of Moby Dick. It's dumb to look this deep into it but we are dealing with Kojima. Maybe the guy in the video was one of those child soldiers Big Boss recruited?

Jun 2, 2008
@geoffkeighley said:
I'm assuming geoff meant to say its a completely new game. Which means its not GZ and most likely Project Ogre/MGS5/whatever is supposed to come out after GZ

Mar 25, 2010
Maybe somebody's already suggested this, but what if that's actually Solid Snake?

We never saw his body without the suit in MGS4 did we? And they said that it had some kind of artificial muscle system augmenting his diminished strength. So maybe he's really that atrophied. And they aren't showing the left side of his face, which was burned in MGS4.

Dec 5, 2008
Toronto
Yeah, after Vietnam. He got super injured and was in a coma. This is also the timeframe where Zero stoles his sperm.
Do you know whereabouts in the timeframe that could be?

Only way I can explain the hand is that paramedic (Dr. Clark) created a nanomachine hand, and Big Boss wears gloves, so maybe he has a nanomachine hand?

Dunno, pulling this shit outta my ass and seeing what sticks.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Jan 29, 2008
Australia
So we have:

- Continued play on "phantom", where "Two Phantoms were born" stands as the tagline for Ground Zeroes' first concept material.
- Volgin lookalike wreathed in flames.
- Hallucinating petals straight from MGS3's climax.
- Floating figure with audible breaths muffled by mask, ala Psycho Mantis.
- Similar facial scars between in-game model and Snake concept art for Ground Zeroes.
- That fucking mullet.
- Joakim Mogren, where Joakim is an anagram for Kojima.

Feb 13, 2006
Maybe somebody's already suggested this, but what if that's actually Solid Snake?

We never saw his body without the suit in MGS4 did we? And they said that it had some kind of artificial muscle system augmenting his diminished strength. So maybe he's really that atrophied. And they aren't showing the left side of his face, which was burned in MGS4.
We did see it, he looked kind of like that. But this guy is visibly younger IMO. He is also missing a hand

Also, Volgin would be too old to be alive, and he is the one of the major things piecing this to being an MGS game

So we have:

- Continued play on "phantom", where "Two Phantoms were born" stands as the tagline for Ground Zeroes' first concept material.
- Volgin lookalike wreathed in flames.
- Hallucinating petals straight from MGS3's climax.
- Floating figure with audible breaths muffled by mask, ala Psycho Mantis.
- Similar facial scars between in-game model and Snake concept art for Ground Zeroes.
- That fucking mullet.
- Joakim Mogren, where Joakim is an anagram for Kojima.
I feel kinda insulted for being treated as someone who would find this PUZZLING, who the hell wouldnt realize this is metal gear on like a first watch

god dammit Kojima, do something else

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
May 9, 2009
This is by far the best mind fuck in videogame history.

labeling it as a completely new studio and shit.

Wow just wow Kojima.

i-Lo

Dec 23, 2008
Canada
Fucking Kojima man

WOW! Great discovery sire.

This could be either a second parallel game or Ground Zeroes itself just renamed for premiering a new trailer.

Looking at the whale and the certain segments in the hospital, I am certain that there are portions of the trailer that display his hallucinations/dream sequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.