• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience Announced (GZ + NAIN STORY + DLC) 10/11

JackelZXA

https://www.konami.com/mg/mgsv/na/#

oh weird so the official site updated information on save data for PS4 and apparently there's a converter to turn mgsv tpp data into mgsv tde, but mgsv gz data cannot be carried over. on pc and xbone you can just carry over your data easily to the next version of the game and back, but it warns that you should not play the old versions of the game after you have converted your data to TDE on ps4 for some reason. Weird.

Since it doesnt do anything with your GZ data on ps4 I kind of wonder if that is just an umbrella warning and they're actually just talking about not playing TPP anymore after the transfer to avoid problems? Seems like a weird set of circumstances.

For me I've gotten into the habit of playing fresh save files (alot of cutscenes only trigger once per playthrough on TPP, so I just clear it out when i'm starting a new game) but this is kinda funky and seems like some weird problem just got in the way.

I wonder if this rerelease of the game will lead to nukes going down again. I'd like to see that content unlocked at SOME point. :(

I know I'm late on this, but this is killing me.
ucTmJ46.png

Quick question for anyone still playing MGO - are Cloaked in Silence owners the minority or the majority? I just bought a regular copy for the Xbox One and really liked the online on 360 (yeah, a few people did play believe it or not!)

JackelZXA

My favorite hidden V is when Venom punches the mirror and the eyepatch straps from him in the mirror and him on the other side of the mirror cross and make a V shape across his forehead. It's a super precise shot that I feel had to be intentional but is hard to notice.

Neiteio

My favorite hidden V is when Venom punches the mirror and the eyepatch straps from him in the mirror and him on the other side of the mirror cross and make a V shape across his forehead. It's a super precise shot that I feel had to be intentional but is hard to notice.
Nice. The cracks in the mirror also form V's, and the missing chunk of glass forms an upside-down V — a "phantom" V. :)

Ludens

Banned
I just read MB coins won't be included in the PC version...why?
This is just stupid, considering all platforms have the same contents you can spend MB on.

FFgamer20

Banned
Lost and never found.

Peace Day never came....

2f0.gif

As a side question, this comes out this week in the US. I know it has shared trophy data, but does it have shared save data from the other versions? I kind of wanted to replay the game and wouldn't mind starting fresh by picking this up.

Alastor3

Haven't started playing GZ yet even if im a huge fan of MGS (just got a ps4) but, is the fifth installment of the series is worth it even if it's not finish? I feel like the MGS series is all about the story... seeing it not complete just... don't feel right with me.

RootCause

Haven't started playing GZ yet even if im a huge fan of MGS (just got a ps4) but, is the fifth installment of the series is worth it even if it's not finish? I feel like the MGS series is all about the story... seeing it not complete just... don't feel right with me.
The only thing I didn't like is how they tell the story, and doesn't feel like we get a complete story. Other than that. It blows away every other MGS game. in my opinion.

Ludens

Banned
So, the Definitive will be a separate app on PC, considering Konami reported on their site you can transfer your saves with the new edition.
And I think it's pretty much confirmed there's no upgrade option, so on Pc if you want the pre-order dlcs, you need to buy the whole collection all over again, because they never released those DLCs on Steam like they did on PSN and One.

Well, thanks Konami, for sure you earned back my trust: now I trust with no doubts you will milk to death your customers until MGS will still sell 1 copy. Survive is just the beginning.

MGS2 was "unfinished" as well. most games have content that gets cut. if you finished that without feeling cheated then you should be fine w this.

MGSV has a full story arc and has 4 endings complete w full credits across the two games. the main arc was written when GZ and is followed through. all that is missing is one side story cutscene that doesn't clarify or add much of anything anyways.

sibarraz

Banned
A friend of mine bought the original version on Steam and I played it on my account since we share games.

If I buy this (I already have GZ) will the save data transfer? I finished the game, but I loved it so much that I'm thinking on platinum it

Ludens

Banned
A friend of mine bought the original version on Steam and I played it on my account since we share games.

If I buy this (I already have GZ) will the save data transfer? I finished the game, but I loved it so much that I'm thinking on platinum it

Yes.

Erigu

So, the Definitive will be a separate app on PC, considering Konami reported on their site you can transfer your saves with the new edition.
And I think it's pretty much confirmed there's no upgrade option, so on Pc if you want the pre-order dlcs, you need to buy the whole collection all over again, because they never released those DLCs on Steam like they did on PSN and One.
They never released them on the Japanese PSN, actually.
Anyway, yeah, it sucks.

And if the trophies are separate, I guess I won't be able to get them? Or maybe if I keep switching between two separate save files? Wouldn't the server wonder what's going on?

And then, there's that thing about the Ground Zeroes data not transferring on PlayStation 4, and only on PlayStation 4. For some reason.

What a mess.

Wondering if there will be other surprises. Somehow, I'm more or less expecting "* Staff member "Hideo" has been removed from the staff list."

malfcn

The Facebook posts for this are hilarious, and sad. Konami advertises "all missions" and gets flooded with mission 51 and chapter 3 questions.

Ludens

Banned
Steam version just received a 203 MB patch. Anyone knows for what?

Someone on the Steam thread pointed the PC version is not a separate app, but a bundle actually.
In fact in the steamdb registry there's a new entry for an unknown dlc, probably the missing skins (with no price...yet).
I hope at this point Konami will "reward" old users offering that dlc for free, and not for an insanely high price.
Maybe the patch is to add this content.

Ludens

Banned
And here's the launch trailer.

https://youtu.be/lwBbuuAAOeM

What a lame trailer. They literally recycled the preavious trailers and put some "10/10" in and there. I mean, I know there are not so many cutscenes in the game, but for sure if they wanted they could do something better than this.
The sad thing is, since all dlcs are skins or a couple of maps for MGO, they have literally nothing new to show like it usually happens for GOTY editions.

Did someone get this on console anyway? I want to know if really all contents are on disc or if there's stuff to redeem, so I can tell my friend to pick it up.

My Gamestop doesn't have it, and I pre-ordered it.

Does anyone else have this in hand yet? I have a suspicion it's the moronic employee misplacing the game in back again...

FFgamer20

Banned
So... is this the OT? i wouldn't mind an actual OT with a clever title. Regardless, I picked this up today. Time to relive it. The whole save data thing seems... odd, Whatever though, I started a new game. Time to feel the true Phantom Pain once again.

Top Bottom