• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Phantom Pain screenshots (and eventual trailer I guess)

Wait, this is actually MGS related? This isn't a new IP? Can somebody explain it?

Nobody knows but the trailer seems to be full of mgs 3 characters, so it's either the same universe or that's all jokey easter eggs. Some people think it's Ground Zeroes, but I think they're crazy.
We've never seen Snake look that skinny so I think that's a headswap, but I guess he has been in a coma.

Strike

This is the most Kojima thing Kojima has ever done.
31502492.jpg

Finally, the true story behind what happened to Liquid's arm. Kidding, but that is definately Metal Gear-related. Very Blue Harvest. I'm debating whether thinking that was cool or just dumb that will never actually exist in Ground Zeroes.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
wow...really? gamers have truly become jaded these days :/

graphically it look like crap imho.

but the change in reactions when people saw it for first time/before people connect it to metal gear and after that are pretty funny and tell a a lot.

Salsa

wow...really? gamers have truly become jaded these days :/

dude it doesnt look next-gen at fucking all, not one single bit. It absolutely looks like a game that could have come out last week and actually kind of a bad one at that

have you played games on PC?

TriGen

What's weird is -- everything announced at the VGAs has been confirmed for current consoles, except this. So this should be a next-gen game if you take Spike at their word that we would get a look at a next-gen game. And yet, this didn't look good at all, nothing 'next-gen' about it. So were no next-gen games shown? Or is this just a lame next-gen reveal?

TriGen

Moby Dick's studios fake page says PS3/360

Hmm. So it's possible that no next-gen games got shown, that would make sense. I was hoping (and expecting) that Dark Souls 2 was the big next-gen reveal, but they have confirmed 360/PS3 also. So it looks like nothing on the next-gen front.

Salsa

Yet if Kojima is trolling everyone about everything else about this reveal, why would we expect the announced consoles on the fake dev team page to be accurate?

idk, but there's no way the footage shown was representing next gen hardware. It looked bad.

look at this geometry:

2lit3.jpg

some people are speculating even bullshot-y Vita game and id actually be more inclined to believe that.

TriGen

idk, but there's no way the footage shown was representing next gen hardware. It looked bad.

The jaggies on the clothes/arms/sheets looked rough, among other flaws. A lot of current games definetly look better. I buy that it's a current-gen game.

Whompa

"not next gen" "looked totally current gen"

I don't know what games you've been playing or what pipes you've been smoking from, but that clothing, hair, animation, among other things, cannot be rendered on xbox/ps3 the way in which it was rendered in that trailer.

Maybe a high end PC could, but there's no way the graphic fidelity can be the same as it was in that trailer for xbox/ps3.

That trailer looked fantastic.

tkscz

I don't know what games you've been playing or what pipes you've been smoking from, but that clothing, hair, animation, among other things, cannot be rendered on xbox/ps3 the way in which it was rendered in that trailer.

Maybe a high end PC could, but there's no way the graphic fidelity can be the same as it was in that trailer for xbox/ps3.

And Conker's Bad Fur Day shouldn't have been possible on the N64. Towards the end of a console cycle, devs can figure out quite a lot, and pull off what shouldn't be possible on it. This is not next gen.

Salsa

I have no arguments more than "we agree to disagree", that shit looked this-gen as hell. Maybe touched up on the aliasing and such as with any reveal trailer, but nothing about it was next-gen quality. Not one thing.

The game looked kind of really bad at times, so much aliasing and shit everywhere with simple geometry and not very high res textures, but still very much doubt that is vita.

Edit :

You're crazy, the game didn't look that good at all.

Apparently I slept through this shit... It has the vita resolution and looks a lot like a vita game. A good looking one at least.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
960x540. Just sayin'....

It looked fantastic. I'd have a really, and I mean REALLY hard time believing this was Vita footage. But why the hell would they release screens in that resolution?

jonno394

Alternate universe mgs game where snake is a mental patient and he has delusions that he is a bad ass one man army. The twist is, everything he fantasises is what we've played.

Survival horror game as the characters from his fantasies manifest themself and you have to escape the asylum.

Kojima and cliffy b co develop.......

People saying those images look next-gen are high as fuck. This is a either a PS3 game or a Vita one. My bet is on Vita. Never doubt what KojiPro can achieve.

bon

look at this geometry:

2lit3.jpg

some people are speculating even bullshot-y Vita game and id actually be more inclined to believe that.

that looks like a next-gen beard to me.

You need The Last of Us trailer in your life.

injurai

Banned
haha wow, this thread has me in stitches. It was was like sharing my stream of consciousness with gaf for 3 minutes.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
So some of you are really going to pursue the Vita angle? Oh boy...

Train+off+tracks.jpg

Just get home safe.

Was that a .... flying fire-breathing whale at the end? What?
This must me some weird viral marketing for Ground Zeroes, it looks way too rough for something Kojima would put his name behind.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I thought this was going to be Vagrant Story related.

Was that some butt crack?

Definitely Fox Engine. I don't think it's an MGS game, just some kind of demo.

Top Bottom