• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronRinn

On sale midnight (EST) / 9 PM (PST) Tuesday, August 4th through Friday night, August 7th at midnight (EST) / 9 PM PST at http://shop.pyramidcar.com/collections/all-items

q84e9aH.jpg

$70 / 72 hour timed edition

15" x 24". Awesome.

Edit: And we're into the last 100 posts. I'll have OT 2 up when we have 25 or so left on this one and then I can finally stop stressing out about it.

I may be taking this a bit too seriously.

Edit: Edit: Tomorrow, Thursday 7/30 on Mondo:

National Lampoon's Vacation by Andrew Kolb. 18" x 24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 200. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

IronRinn

Available Mondy, 8/3 at 1 pm ET on Grey Matter:

Reefer Madness by Timothy Pittides. Edition of 60, 18" x 24", $35.00.

Dr. Jekyll by Chris Garofalo. Regular edition of 40, 24" x 18", $30.00.

Dr. Jekyll by Chris Garofalo. Variant edition of 15, 24" x 18", $35.00.

This is quoted from the announcement:

Additionally, as an added bonus, everyone who purchases a print will be entered into a raffle to win some great prizes, including a piece of Timothy Pittides’s original artwork for “Reefer Madness,”as well as 2 original “Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde” novels from the 1920’s. Each prize will also include a shirt & sticker pack.

Dig that Reefer Madness.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
That is a really dope Reefer Madness print. I liked the last one they did with Chris G as well. Anytime "the Devil's Lettuce" is printed on a poster, I'm all for it.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Did anybody else grab a Lilo and Stitch? What's good with $17 domestic shipping?

Meier

You missed a shitshow of a checkout process.

That's too bad, hopefully they get it under control sooner than later. I would have had to pause at $77 but probably would have pulled the trigger. I need to unload some other prints I think to fund a few more of these purchases in the future.

Filthy Slug

My cart kept showing both prints & then would error when I went to remove Big Hero 6. Not sure what was going on with the cart and servers.

Yeah, it was a fucking mess. Hopefully there wasn't any oversell?

Yeah, it was a fucking mess. Hopefully there wasn't any oversell?

Yes, it was. Sorry. There was oversell, but we can cover the oversell as there are double order refunds.

Using shopify for the next drop. Thank goodness.

But thanks to everyone that got one (or at least tried to). Should have some news for Fancy Poster GAF soon that will hopefully sound delightful.

15" x 24". Awesome.

Edit: And we're into the last 100 posts. I'll have OT 2 up when we have 25 or so left on this one and then I can finally stop stressing out about it.

I may be taking this a bit too seriously.

Aw, end of an era. I've been moving around a lot in the last year so I haven't really been able to stick my head in here much or pick up any posters but my entire poster collecting (and to an extent more Vinyls) started right here in this thread. I would look at that first page over and over again at all the amazing posters.

Zombine

Banned
Aw man I don't know what to do. After contacting those guys about my Little Dicks, they said they would put them out in the mail this past Monday. I haven't heard a word since and nothing came. I sent them a follow up email asking if they sent them and I haven't heard back :/

I wish I knew where the disconnect was.

IronRinn

Aw man I don't know what to do. After contacting those guys about my Little Dicks, they said they would put them out in the mail this past Monday. I haven't heard a word since and nothing came. I sent them a follow up email asking if they sent them and I haven't heard back :/

I wish I knew where the disconnect was.

I love Static Medium but their communication could use some work. My advice is to just keep bugging them for a tracking number (not sure when you sent your follow-up email).

Zombine

Banned
I love Static Medium but their communication could use some work. My advice is to just keep bugging them for a tracking number (not sure when you sent your follow-up email).

I sent the follow up on Friday. I don't want to sound like a nag so I'm not sure what to do. Maybe I'll give it the week and follow up again this weekend.

orioto

Good Art™
Hey guys, would any of you have some advice for me if i wanted to get in touch with im8bit and eventually work with them sometimes, if they don't hate me ? I realize i never participate in any videogame art show ever.. That's a little depressing now!

Dreweyes

A friend of mine scored me a Lilo, going to look great in my daughters room!

Hey guys, would any of you have some advice for me if i wanted to get in touch with im8bit and eventually work with them sometimes, if they don't hate me ? I realize i never participate in any videogame art show ever.. That's a little depressing now!

PM me bud, I'll get ya contact info.
I made some album art for an upcoming vinyl soundtrack from them! :)

Risible

From Mondo:

CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON by Stan & Vince On Sale Info!
Tomorrow we'll be releasing an incredible poster for CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON by Stan & Vince, available in two versions. The colors, composition, title treatment...out of control. We could go on, but this poster truly speaks for itself.

Here's what Stan & Vince had to say about CREATURE and their thoughts behind the poster design:

"When Mondo asked us to work on a poster for CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON, we didn’t hesitate for a second! The Creature!!! One of the most beautiful, iconic Universal classic monsters...along with the Frankenstein's Monster, the Mummy, The Metaluna Mutant and a few others. There aren't very many in the club!
We watched an anaglyph version of the film on French television in 1982 when we were 13-years-old. The experience was such a big moment for each of us and still remains in our minds with the same emotion and nostalgia.

Over sixty years after the release of the movie, we didn’t want to play on the mystery by representing just a part of the Creature. On the contrary, we imagined this poster on the walls of fans like ourselves able to contemplate and examine this amazing monster each day. Additionally, the idea of his arm rising out of the frame was included as a tribute to one of the first 3D films in cinema history."

Creature from the Black Lagoon by Stan & Vince. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 375. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

Creature from the Black Lagoon (B&W Variant) by Stan & Vince. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 200. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $75

omgkitty

I love how well Stan and Vince's almost realistic style translates to screen print, now if they'd just do a print for something I'd care about!

Zombine

Banned
That poster is amazing. I'm going to try to get my hands on that one for sure.

I'm still waiting for my Mad Men prints to ship out. I'll wait till next Friday I guess...If I don't hear anything by then I'll just open a claim with PayPal and get my money back. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom