• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The sequel to The Last Story (Mistwalker) has been released [Spoilers!]

duckroll

http://www.terra-battle.com/en/news/2015/04/201504232015531.html

7v8F4lt.jpg

As a part of the Collaboration Event with The Last Story, a Special Quest will be available from 4/22/2015 to 5/30/2015 5PM (PDT).

The Last Story Quest will be available in the Arena. Taking place after their previous adventure, we hope you enjoy this new story following your favorite mercenaries.

Now before anyone says "omg ducktroll fuck him!!!", this special quest event is an actual sequel to The Last Story. The writer for Terra Battle (Masaru Hatano) is also the writer for The Last Story, so is the character designer and composer. Not only does this quest take place after the ending of The Last Story, but it continues the story for all the main party members, has quite a lot of story text between the 10 battles, and depending on how you tackle the various battles it branches into 4 possible endings.

The story in the event starts by recapping the story and ending in the previous game, and continues to spoil major events as the story progresses and characters recall what happened on their previous adventure. Did Zael and Calista find happiness together? Does the Outsider still have plans for Zael? What happened to Syrenne, Yurick, Lowell, and Mirania after the story ended?

You can find out all this and more! Just download Terra Battle on the App Store or Google Play Store and experience the next generation JRPG from the father of Final Fantasy!!!!!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/terra-battle/id888628623
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mistwalkercorp.guardians

Okay now you can say "omg ducktroll fuck him!!!"

Vamphuntr

This is amazing and sad at the same time. It's great they are doing this for fans but really sad they can't make a sequel for real.

Why you do this ? ;__;
Do you believe that our tears will give you eternal life ? super duper sex appeal ? transform them into money ?? ;__;

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Verendus

Banned
A lot of people have something to say about Mobile Gaming. It's quite possibly the most controversial competitor in the history of this business. But love it or hate it, you've got to respect it. That's what the GAF Universe is all about.

I'm hoping this leads to an actual sequel, using mobile to promote the franchise. Nintendo co-owns the franchise, so I'm guessing they had to ok this.
saw this yesterday, so I'm not surprised other then Duck Roll being really late

Alrus

I didn't know Mistwalker owned The Last Story and thus was able to continue the story by themselves, that's kinda neat. Sad that we'll never get a full fledged sequel, game was flawed but still enjoyable.

Fandangox

So its kind of odd, this is a Nintendo IP no? I know they got into mobile, but aside from Pokemon, is this the first time one of their properties appears in mobile?

batbeg

I like using mobile gaf because even though I can't see the author of a thread I still know when it's a duckroll thread.

A lot of people have something to say about Mobile Gaming. It's quite possibly the most controversial competitor in the history of this business. But love it or hate it, you've got to respect it. That's what the GAF Universe is all about.

I don't think mobile gaming is a competitor. To be fair, I don't think mobile gaming is taking away something. When Breath of Fire 6 is announced for mobile, I think that in any case, it wouldn't have existed. Which is much of the same.

Ganondorfo

Lets accept it, we wont ever get great jrpg announcements anymore (yeah but what about Star Ocean V, ok you got me there, still its not the same as being treated like in the ps2 generation).

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
I've been sitting here stumped, wondering how the fuck any of what was written in the OP was similar to The Last of Us, and then I realized I read the name wrong.

wrowa

This is actually really cool and it's nice to see that Nintendo allowed this to happen. It's not as cool that probably also means that Nintendo has no further interest in the IP, but that's not exactly surprising either.

I knew this was a duckroll thread just by reading the title.

Get outta here duckroll.

But it's a cool thing they did this for Terra Battle

Acidote

Duckroll maybe you should say something about the minimal grind they'll have to endure to play it.

With minimal I mean day and days of waiting your energy to recharge leveling up your characters so you can play it.

ash_ag

I was under the impression that the rights of The Last Story properties were owned by Nintendo for a while, but Sakaguchi joked (?) about making a TLS sequel for PS4, so I'm not sure. Maybe the character rights lie with Mistwalker.

Incidentally, I want to keep an open mind about Terra Battle, but the circumstances aren't helping. It's beyond me why they would region lock a game like this.

Top Bottom