• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The sequel to The Last Story (Mistwalker) has been released [Spoilers!]

i believe that there will be a sequel. else this crossover thing makes no sense to me xD
I could see a nee 3DS port of the first game happening.

The Last Story has been notably absent in the last couple of years when Nintendo did something with the other Operattiin Rainfall games.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
You should find a friend who has been playing Terra Battle, borrow his/her phone/tablet, and play through the event. That's the best way if you haven't been actively playing because this is basically for players who have finished the first story campaign in Terra Battle. :(

Or you could wait for a youtube playthrough to see the story elements.

I'm torn. I'm not a big believer in watching full YouTube play thrus... Probably a byproduct of my job. Eats into sales and all that.

That said... I'm probably a bigger fan geek then career person anyway so screw it, I want to see the story so I'm in! Cause I just updated my game and I'm no where near the stamina required to play it myself :(

Hopefully someone bumps the thread when a good YT video of the story surfaces

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I'm surprised Nintendo allowed this, things are really changing at Nintendo.

Last year at the terra battle panel at PAX, sakaguchi said he wanted to do it a sequel to TLS but it was up to Nintendo.

Maybe from that, someone there contacted him or vice versa afterwards and allowed this ::shrug:: - dunno but I doubt it's any more than a good will gesture

Mknzy

OK, so it is showing me that it is a difficulty 65 for this event. My characters are at best only half that, with my best team ranging between 33 and 40. What is the best way to get to that level as fast as possible so I can experience this event before it goes away?

duckroll

OK, so it is showing me that it is a difficulty 65 for this event. My characters are at best only half that, with my best team ranging between 33 and 40. What is the best way to get to that level as fast as possible so I can experience this event before it goes away?

The best way is honestly to play the story campaign and try to get to the end or close to the end. The further you progress, the better leveling options you will have via later Metal Zones, and you'll also naturally level up your party and learn the ins and outs of the game systems and what works. At any given time, your full stamina bar should support being able to go through half of the battles in the latest chapter, so you'll only need to wait for one full refill to clear a whole chapter (which will then refill your entire bar) as long as you don't fail any battles. It's pretty generous.

:( i want to play this game but why do they limit the countries it is available on?

Having The last story event make this even worst.

Mknzy

The best way is honestly to play the story campaign and try to get to the end or close to the end. The further you progress, the better leveling options you will have via later Metal Zones, and you'll also naturally level up your party and learn the ins and outs of the game systems and what works. At any given time, your full stamina bar should support being able to go through half of the battles in the latest chapter, so you'll only need to wait for one full refill to clear a whole chapter (which will then refill your entire bar) as long as you don't fail any battles. It's pretty generous.

Thanks for the advice! I am almost to the end of chapter 11 right now, so I will start pushing hard. It's been a game I have enjoyed but not played seriously, but I loved The Last Story, and really want to experience this content before it is gone.

duckroll

Thanks for the advice! I am almost to the end of chapter 11 right now, so I will start pushing hard. It's been a game I have enjoyed but not played seriously, but I loved The Last Story, and really want to experience this content before it is gone.

An extra bit of advice in particular for the The Last Story event - if you have strong physical attackers, you might want to prioritize leveling them over mages or elemental attackers. You'll still need those to get through the game of course, but they're less useful for this particular quest event.

Mknzy

An extra bit of advice in particular for the The Last Story event - if you have strong physical attackers, you might want to prioritize leveling them over mages or elemental attackers. You'll still need those to get through the game of course, but they're less useful for this particular quest event.

My main team is Suoh, Kuscah, A'merpact, Samatha, Alika, and Bahl, will this work?

duckroll

My main team is Suoh, Kuscah, A'merpact, Samatha, Alika, and Bahl, will this work?

Suoh and Bahl are definitely good fits for damage dealers. A'merpact should serve well enough as the token mage character and Kuscah as the token healer. Personally I've found that Samatha isn't particularly useful for this event (but a great character in general) and Alika should be the same way. Too much focus on elemental attacks. If you have Korin I would definitely recommend making a place for him in your party, because he complements Bahl really well (sword frequency up, sword defense up, etc) and has a good number of physical bonus attacks himself.

The event expires in like... 30 days. That's still a lot of time. It's probably best to focus on progressing in the game for the next week or two, and then depending on where you are at that point, ask for more advice in the Terra Battle OT in Community.

I totally relate to the feeling of a high level event popping up just as you start playing the game though. The Bahamut/Leviathan/Odin events returned just as I was starting the game, and I wasn't able to complete any of them before they expired. Still waiting for them to return. I have a good feeling that even if you miss out on the event now, at some point down the line in a couple of months they'll bring it back at least once.

Mknzy

Suoh and Bahl are definitely good fits for damage dealers. A'merpact should serve well enough as the token mage character and Kuscah as the token healer. Personally I've found that Samatha isn't particularly useful for this event (but a great character in general) and Alika should be the same way. Too much focus on elemental attacks. If you have Korin I would definitely recommend making a place for him in your party, because he complements Bahl really well (sword frequency up, sword defense up, etc) and has a good number of physical bonus attacks himself.

The event expires in like... 30 days. That's still a lot of time. It's probably best to focus on progressing in the game for the next week or two, and then depending on where you are at that point, ask for more advice in the Terra Battle OT in Community.

I totally relate to the feeling of a high level event popping up just as you start playing the game though. The Bahamut/Leviathan/Odin events returned just as I was starting the game, and I wasn't able to complete any of them before they expired. Still waiting for them to return. I have a good feeling that even if you miss out on the event now, at some point down the line in a couple of months they'll bring it back at least once.

I don't have Korin, but I have a pretty large roster, if for no other reason that even if I am not playing every day I still log in for my freebies, so I have had a lot of chances to summon. I'll pop over to the OT later with my roster and see if there is anyone I should be using that I am not.

Top Bottom