• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sims 4 |OT| Behold its true form and despair!

No, but they will decline and disappear over time (regardless of whether you quit or not). Only way to continue getting income from book royalties is to write new ones with some regularity.

That's not too bad. Writing a book only takes a few hours ingame. Think I'll try bartending next.

lumi7890

made a t-shirt for my ellie sim.
tumblr_nbxuwmyFBE1rmet04o1_500.jpg

This game is terribly addictive. Load it up and suddenly it's 2:00 am. Having more fun than I feared after hearing about the changes from TS3. I actually don't miss pools, or toddlers, or cars. Octagonal roofing for the octagonal rooms would be handy though.

You can bet they'll be back.
In pog form.
Years worth of DLC and expansions are all but guaranteed.

made a t-shirt for my ellie sim.
tumblr_nbxuwmyFBE1rmet04o1_500.jpg

I tried making some lookalike Sims. I'm bad at making lookalike Sims.

It's too bad there's not a modifiable height (or at least a visible difference between Teen/YA/Adult/Old sims). I can only hope that one of the expansions will implement it.

Actually, this reminds me: has the gallery "tag" function worked at all for any of you? (e.g. celebrity tag) I ask because every time I've tried it there's been no results.

IndustryX

I'm ridiculously addicted to this. Despite missing features the day to day gameplay and designing homes is much better in this game. Stayed up till 2:30 unknowingly last night

Delio

My sims are doing great right now. My Musical husband now needs seven friends to advance luckly he is the social one out of the two of us. Meanwhile my Sim is pumping out books like crazy and earning a lot of money. Preparing for when we adopt a kid!

Ric Flair

Banned
I'm having a hard time adjusting back to the sims 2 model of getting around town. I don't feel as connected to my sim as I did in Sims 3 because of this.

Realyn

It's been years since I last played a Sims game and for the love of god I can't manage to build a front porch. Shit's frustrating as hell.

Corgi

Banned
so whats been the good careers in 4?

I wanted to try the new ones, and pro gamer was super disappointing. Even maxed gaming skill, i dont' think i've ever won first in a tournament, and these takes so many hours and the payout is not worth it.

Koomaster

Watched my friend stream this for a couple days and he eventually bought me a copy because I wouldn't leave him alone since I wanted him to stream more of the game, haha. After playing it a while myself, I can pretty much forgive most of the exclusions minus Create-a-Style. The options that are present are baffling. There is actually a counter/bar combo that are styled to go together side by side, the wood patterns match, but the colors for the woods don't match. They are slightly off. Like if they wanted to go this route, at least color match the options you give us.

Other than that, it's a solid game taken on its own.

Started off with a Legacy Challenge, and I am glad I picked an author as my founder. The amount of money from royalties is insane. At the peak of her life she was pulling in $12k-$14k royalties per day. By the time my 3rd gen was born and she was an elder I pretty much retired her from writing books, and just let her go to work a few times a week as I had more money than I knew what to do with.

Now that she's dead, I decided to invest the money in a new house; here's what half a million buys you...
Uploaded to the gallery so if you want to take a tour of the inside search under hashtag: #koomasterpc

Also in the back I made a greenhouse and terrarium (for frogs I catch).

Kabouter

Yeah, I noticed that too with the legacy challenge, as long as you start with a writer, the game becomes super easy anyway haha. Also pics of greenhouse/terrarium?

Soulfire

wfJq60R.jpg

So evidently my sim had a seriously bad lay, as in he died right afterwards. He'd only aged up the day before and his energy bar wasn't completely empty, so not sure what happened there.

Beloved

So I've kinda gotten a bit bored with playing the game the "normal" way, so I made a new household and built a 3 story insane asylum to trap randomly generated Sims into.

Got about 5 people trapped so far, I've there's 22 rooms on the bottom floor alone.

I might end up breaking the game with this but it's fiiine.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Now if only they could throw in some more free careers while they're at it.

Otherwise, that's pretty cool of them to do so.

Fitz

Pools next month, followed by more jobs in December? Monthly content updates like this is perfect, really damn pleased right now.

Zareka

Yessss, glad they're patching in some of the missing content instead of charging us for it. Hope they keep it up.

Do we know anything of the sales? There had to be something that scared them in to giving away free stuff.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Yessss, glad they're patching in some of the missing content instead of charging us for it. Hope they keep it up.

Do we know anything of the sales? There had to be something that scared them in to giving away free stuff.

My expectation is that Sim City scared them, and this stuff is just content that was planned for launch (plus some goodies) that they're including for free so people don't feel like they bought a hollow game to fill with purchaseable DLC.

They're making the main offering feel more fleshed out and it's reasonable for them to do since many people understandably said it felt a bit lacking in content.

Zareka

My expectation is that Sim City scared them, and this stuff is just content that was planned for launch (plus some goodies) that they're including for free so people don't feel like they bought a hollow game to fill with purchaseable DLC.

Hmm...with the way they talked about pools etc before launch I find it difficult to believe they had planned this stuff to go in to the main game. If they always planned it to be free afterwards I'd have thought they'd point that out during the whole "no pools" fiasco, but all they said was that pools are hard and they wouldn't be in the base game. Smells fishy.

Regardless though, we're getting them for free so at least EA knows we're not gonna put up with their shenanigans this time. I hope they start to treat TS4 better now with the kick they got from SimCity + TS4 launch. I also hope that people don't fully forgive them just quite yet.

They've added new content in patches in the past. Usually it just coincided with the release of an EP. Ghosts and Pools are fairly significant though. It's a little shocking they are free.

Retro

It's a little shocking they are free.

Considering the level of backlash for cutting so many core features, adding them in for any price except free would have just proven everyone's point; large features were cut to be sold back later. I wouldn't expect this to be a trend, but they could always surprise me. The fact that the Sims 4 wasn't a complete disaster in and of itself certainly did.

CzarTim

Whoa, good on them for releasing that stuff for free. Makes me more willing to actually buy the DLC that they do charge for.

Delio

Well thats nice that they went ahead with pools being free. Also happy with more jobs finally being added to the mix.

Wow, that's awesome! What I was hoping they would do but never actually expected. Excited for all three additions as they are much needed.

Edit: Wait, ghosts are today!? Sweet!

Beloved

Considering my faith in EA is not the best, I'm really happy to see they are actually listening to what their fanbase wants, and not pulling the money grubbing moves I expected.

So yeah, this is pretty rad.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
The song that accompanies the ghost trailer is pretty good. Props to the artist.

If they're just going to release pools later, why were they so weird and defensive about it pre-release. All they had to say was, "We're working on it, and we'll give it away for free when it's finished".

...unless that wasn't the original plan?

Fitz

The song that accompanies the ghost trailer is pretty good. Props to the artist.

If they're just going to release pools later, why were they so weird and defensive about it pre-release. All they had to say was, "We're working on it, and we'll give it away for free when it's finished".

...unless that wasn't the original plan?

Seems like the likely answer, either that or a case of very bad PR.

Top Bottom