• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sky Crawlers [Wii] screens , Video

LCGeek

formerly sane
jvalioli said:
Looks a lot better than Ace Combat 5 to me(they said it was the same engine, right?).

Engines can go through dramatic changes if you learn about the differences of UE alone not surprising what's happening here. Namco isn't limited by ps2 in terms of texturing nor some the shading aspects of nuance I see on the plane lighting has a noticeable increase too it's to be expected without limits.

Haunted

Interested in the movie since it's Oshii is making it. Can't say anything about the game yet except that the Ace Combat team is competent.

Andy787 said:
Yuck.

Why?

Ace Combat 7 for PS3 pls. :/
(neutral) Andy787
Banned
(Today, 04:54 AM)

I fucking love NeoGAF.

fresquito

pgtl_10 said:
Maybe under a different title like an Ace Combat spinoff or something.
Again, this is based in the new Mamoru Oshii movie, which rights are under Warner Bros. It's being released worldwide under the same title.

pgtl_10

fresquito said:
Again, this is based in the new Mamoru Oshii movie, which rights are under Warner Bros. It's being released worldwide under the same title.

Sorry for off-topic but what other Mamoru Oshii movies have been released? Do they go worldwide often?

Edit: He made Ghost in the Shell? In that case Sky Crawlers will be good.:D

obviously I don't do moonspeak, but they are talking to Mamoru Oishii (the effing MAN) about the game on Famitsu's website (right?). Is it safe to assume that he's involved somehow in the production of the game? Why else would Famitsu interview him?
pgtl_10 said:
Sorry for off-topic but what other Mamoru Oshii movies have been released? Do they go worldwide often?
all his animated films since Ghost in the Shell have been widely released around the world, he's second only to Miyazaki in worldwide visibility amongst anime filmmakers.

ps
He still doesn't make that many films though, and his live action stuff remains obscure.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Is it more normal in Japan for actual competent developers to do games based on films?

pgtl_10 said:

I might be incorrect, but wasn't Oshii the guy who did Ghost in the Shell? If yes, then this does seem to have a possibility of a worldwide release.

edit: oh, seems he was.

schuelma said:
Is it more normal in Japan for actual competent developers to do games based on films?
Most of those games, and movies for that matter, don't make it over here.

-Brave Story on the PSP was pretty well received.
-The Ring: Terror's Realm on the DC was pants.
-Kung-Fu Master (AKA Kung-Fu on the NES) was actually a movie based game based on Jackie Chan's Wheels on Meals.

I'm at a loss for any other Japanese film adaptations that have made it stateside though.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
O_O

*goes to watch the movie*

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Screens look great. I can't access the site though, I get "Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /fwtv/ on this server." :(

Are there any other places to find the video? Stream is crawling on my PC

the video has like 2 seconds of very tiny gameplay footage that doesnt look interesting. Just some flying around and a very short look at how the game is controlled.

LCGeek

formerly sane
underfooter said:
Are those bull shots?

It's namco what do you expect GC/Wii can't do IQ like that in terms of clarity like ubisoft always suspect something is up when they put out pictures.

Visually looks pretty solid. Comes from a great team too. Here's hoping it turns out great.

Should i be worried it's supposed to be based on a movie license though?

Ramenman

Andy787 said:
Yuck.

Why?

Ace Combat 7 for PS3 pls. :/

We are getting this:

http://tg-media.net//Scans/2007/s07.jpg[/im

When we could be getting something even better than this:

[g]http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/825/825111/ace-combat-6-fires-of-liberation-20071004044516625.jpg

Ya right, we could be getting the same game all over again, so why are we getting an original adaptation from a movie ?

bdouble

So I just saw a blog post about the Famitsu scans saying that this game was also going to be on the PSP and PS2. Anyone else see that in the scans?

mugwhump

Death_Born said:
Andy787
Banned
Reply | Quote

ek1742.png
:lol

Neomoto

Wait, a top tier 3rd party development team is making a Wii game with incredible graphics? :eek: Hopefully it won't bomb..

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
plank said:
looks like an NES game.

Ok, Andy787 gets a slap for his trolling but this shit is allowed? get the fuck out.

Anyway looks nice, but as said above, would need to be transformed into an AC Spinoff for US/EU markets, as the basis for this game is sadly not even close to making it here, ah well, heres hoping we see it, the AC team are quite good, so for once we don't get a C team making a Wii game from a 3rd party, yey :)

Neomoto said:
Wait, a top tier 3rd party development team is making a Wii game with incredible graphics? :eek: Hopefully it won't bomb..

Hopefully the bombers will...

*runs*

ethelred

Stop It said:
Anyway looks nice. But as said above, would need to be transformed into an AC Spinoff for US/EU markets as the basis for this game is sadly not even close to making it here. Ah well, heres hoping we see it. The AC team are quite good, so for once we don't get a C team making a Wii game from a 3rd party. Yey :)

Periods, man. Seriously.

Top Bottom