• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 'Splosion Man for the Xbox Live Arcade Official Thread

striKeVillain! said:
Possibly me. The girlfriend and I want to give it a whirl first. Anyone know if you can do 2 player local co-op and then jump online to find another 2 players?

I think you can. I know you can play locally and online so I bet you can switch it up no problem.

Lanch PR :)

TWISTED PIXEL LETS DOWN PRESIDENT, COUNTRY WITH WEDNESDAY SPLOSION MAN RELEASE
Thanks Obama For Slamming Video Games Right Before Our Release Date

AUSTIN, TX – July 21, 2009
– Twisted Pixel Games was thrilled to hear President Obama’s directive for parents to start “putting away the Xbox,” an announcement made right on the eve of Splosion Man’s release. That’s cool. We weren’t excited to be kicking off the Summer of Arcade or that early reviews have been so positive about our game, or that it is practically a steal at 800 Microsoft Points ($10.00 USD). Go ahead and tell people not to play games. But answer me one thing, Mr. President: If not us, who is going to teach our nation’s kids the unimportance of spelling or about how scientists will turn into slabs of meat when you splode them?

Splosion Man doesn’t just lure families apart with its 50 level single player campaign and separate 50 level 2-4 player multiplayer campaign, it also dangles several treasures sure to corrupt even the most tight-knit household. A free unlockable premium theme headlines a package containing two free gamerpics and, perhaps most troubling, hidden within its codey depths, the ability to grant two male and two female free avatar accessories once the functionality becomes available on Xbox Live.

The den of evil that is www.splosionman.com contains further temptation, offering downloadable faceplate templates, desktop backgrounds, and the entire musical score from award-winning composers John DeBorde and Joshua R. Mosley. The siren call of each piece is divided into several layers, which react dynamically during gameplay, offering much more stimulation and interest than homework or family time ever could.

MMaRsu

Banned
SecretBonusPoint said:
Oh I sure do love me some sarcastic PR release :lol

This time tomorrow I will be splodin'. I wish that time was now.

Fuck yeah.. Man I wish I could be splodin' right now!

Raide

"But answer me one thing, Mr. President: If not us, who is going to teach our nation’s kids the unimportance of spelling or about how scientists will turn into slabs of meat when you splode them?"

Utter Genius. :lol

Keyser Soze said:
Lanch PR :)
TWISTED PIXEL LETS DOWN PRESIDENT, COUNTRY WITH WEDNESDAY SPLOSION MAN RELEASE
Thanks Obama For Slamming Video Games Right Before Our Release Date

AUSTIN, TX – July 21, 2009 – Twisted Pixel Games was thrilled to hear President Obama’s directive for parents to start “putting away the Xbox,” an announcement made right on the eve of Splosion Man’s release. That’s cool. We weren’t excited to be kicking off the Summer of Arcade or that early reviews have been so positive about our game, or that it is practically a steal at 800 Microsoft Points ($10.00 USD). Go ahead and tell people not to play games. But answer me one thing, Mr. President: If not us, who is going to teach our nation’s kids the unimportance of spelling or about how scientists will turn into slabs of meat when you splode them?

Splosion Man doesn’t just lure families apart with its 50 level single player campaign and separate 50 level 2-4 player multiplayer campaign, it also dangles several treasures sure to corrupt even the most tight-knit household. A free unlockable premium theme headlines a package containing two free gamerpics and, perhaps most troubling, hidden within its codey depths, the ability to grant two male and two female free avatar accessories once the functionality becomes available on Xbox Live.

The den of evil that is www.splosionman.com contains further temptation, offering downloadable faceplate templates, desktop backgrounds, and the entire musical score from award-winning composers John DeBorde and Joshua R. Mosley. The siren call of each piece is divided into several layers, which react dynamically during gameplay, offering much more stimulation and interest than homework or family time ever could.

Holy shit! That is awesome!

Twisted Pixel is doing a fantastic jeorb of promoting this game.... from the PR releases to the silly YouTube videos, THIS is how you promote an XBLA game as an indie, peoples.

Foxtail

Neo Member
The Maw wasn't bad, but this looks way fun. The only issue I have with it so far is the drab looking lab environments - although from the reviews, it seems this doesn't really change. I want to run around and splode outside, in cities, volcanoes, and any number of other locations. The stainless steel lab environments never do anything for me in games.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Wow, I went through the entire day thinking it was Monday and now just found out it was actually Tuesday.

I'm prepared :lol

Jube3

Anyone else get a noid vibe from splosion man?
noid2.gif

Oh man, I only have a 10GB monthly cap, this is going to push it... Better be worth it!

Edit: Not up on the Australian marketplace yet.

2: It is up!

Peff

Yes. To be fair it looks like it's packed with content though. The demo seems to have some levels from both the single player mode and the local co-op mode.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Not for me! Weird, I'm totally European.

Maybe the UK is no longer in Europe and I just missed it on the news. That'd be hilarious.

Well I am on the Irish marketplace... which usually has the same content as UK

Go to "explore game content," "browse," "all," scroll down through the long list to game number "461"

If it is not there, then just wait

Top Bottom