• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Super Stardust HD Thread (my eyes burn from the amazing!)

Jim

Greg said:
If you have any money in your account, it won't allow you to purchase the item for the exact amount.

It does... it asks you if you would like to fund with the game price + tax (if applicable) - what you have in the wallet.

Just purchase it and go to check out. Don't try to prefund the wallet with the exact amount.

womfalcs3

Banned
Lé Blade Runner said:
It hasn't been released in the EU PSN Store yet? Just amazing how we europeans get ****ed over. I want this frickin' game NOW, thank you. :)

The EU store gets updated on Friday. Nobody is being "****ed over".

Raistlin

Can't wait to download this tomorrow (I'm out of town).

The dash attack sounds f*cking awesome!

I'm a little scared of the leader board though :lol

hyp

can't wait to get home from work and play it! best of luck to you guys on the leaderboards =]

hyp

FormulaOne said:
Beautiful HD graphics aside, I'm surprised no one is mentioning the awesome Amiga MOD inspired music. Well done chip music is always welcome.

a banana in my pocket, indeed.

Dwayne

RubxQub said:
10 bucks? The game doesn't even cost 10 bucks, and all they need to do is add netcode.

Adding netcode is not a walk in the park, in fact it's a lot of work. For budget title ($7.99) it's completely realistic to ask for extra money for a substantial patch - game dev's don't work on air, you know.

dfyb

Banned
netcode for a game like this would be a bitch. so much shit going on, tracking it all would be a ton of strain on your connection. this isn't exactly a game where you can have a lot of client-side stuff either.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
But for more then the initial game?

Adding multiplayer to a game costs more then the game engine, textures, models etc etc?!

I vote...no

Dwayne

RubxQub said:

Adding multiplayer to a game costs more then the game engine, textures, models etc etc?!

I vote...no

Your initial post bashes the idea of paying for patches all together, so I consider your revised "i'm not willing to pay more than the game" as success :)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
WasabiKing said:
I honestly would pay an extra $10, cause I'm karazy. But adding online-coop would make it all the more fun.

#9 as of this post.

It's depressing seeing your score "DESTROY" mine on the friends list leaderboard.

S. L.

wow totally awesome game.
i love the music and all and everything.
but you guys already destroy me score wise lol, place 227 for my second try now. gotta try harder

The Jer

The problem with these types of games (not neccesarily dual-stick shooter, but any "high score" game; like tetris or anything like that) is that I get bored quickly. I can play for, maybe, 10 to 20 minutes, but then I get bored. I eventually just kill myself cause I'd rather do something else for a little bit. I can go back the next day and really enjoy it, though.

We'll see if that changes with this, at all. :)

Awesome, awesome shmup. And it seems to satiate my primal urge to break things into tiny little pieces. Slicing through a giant asteroid with the boost button is rather therapeutic. :)

Surreal

First PSN game for me. It's quite awesome, although I can only play it in short bursts. I find if I'm distracted while playing it I do it the best, it isn't exactly a game that calls on your thinking skills. I'm ranked in the 20s for planet mode on the first level, that was on my second try, my later tries were much worse. :lol

Duke Togo

This game is brilliant on co-op...if you keep the two ships close to each other, a beam connects the two and you're rate of fire increases dramatically. So ****ing awesome.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
WasabiKing said:
I'm trying to catch up to efertlis

Don't try too hard :D I got that 45,000,000 without using the boost button. Time to boost my way to 100,000,000 :lol

dfyb

Banned
RubxQub said:

I vote...no
i wasn't really talking about price. i was just saying don't expect online multiplayer for all types of games.

Kittonwy

Banned
Yep yep I've downloaded it.
Indifferent2.gif

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
duketogo88 said:
This game is brilliant on co-op...if you keep the two ships close to each other, a beam connects the two and you're rate of fire increases dramatically. So ****ing awesome.

That actually is genius

womfalcs3

Banned
Man.... I've played twice, and my top score is a mere 240,000. That's 1,440th+ place.

It can get hard. I've learned you must keep your bombs so you can use them in the most insane circumstances.

I bought this game (paid for it) but it never downloaded and now the game no longer appears in the store.

Anyone else have this happen?

S. L.

Mustaphadamus said:
I bought this game (paid for it) but it never downloaded and now the game no longer appears in the store.

Anyone else have this happen?
click on "download list" at the top of the store, the game will be in there if you bought it already

grendelrt

Holy god is this game awesome! The music is fantastic and the graphics are awesome. I am surprised at how good it is. I suck comparatively, with my measly 2.6million score. Top player has 111million :lol

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Welp, that's 2 out of 3.

Resistance, and Super Stardust HD. Give me one more game that interests me, and I'm dropping money for a Playstation 3. *sigh*

SSHD looks sweet. I really want to play it. :(

damn you guys are pretty good!

I just finished a session and was feeling all proud of my score and then looked at the leaderboard....time to go play some more lol.

BTW I'm currently 86th (probably will be much later) by the time people read this.

You guys are beasts though, calm down lol.

Top Bottom