• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Official Thread

jdub03

gg to grifter, rival, n3ss and others. Me and rival went at it after you all left. His bison tore me apart. It was fun though. How come you guys left and started up another room.

Decado

Ack. I dled it to get read for SF4. Even with the PS3 pad I suck. I need an arcade stick, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to dish out the extra $$$ and commit to these games. :(

Brannon

So yeah, in Oblivion, if you read certain books, you get skill ups. I feel as though that happened to me when I read Sirlin's article on character tweaks. I'm doing things I never would've though of. Feel good man.

Also I have to laugh at Ryu's extensive character tweak;

"Add a fake fireball"
"Do nothing else"

HD READY!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
thanks for posting those videos eggo. Those are some awesome matches. I can tell your Dhalsim is top notch. My main is a Ryu but lately I've been working on Cammy. I'm really liking her elusiveness. That really only works against people who don't know her moves too well. I need to pick up on some effective combos.

Ronabo

I had fun playing with you guys last night. drohne has a pretty damn good Guile. TaKeRx has a mean Blanka. Kit me up for some matches anytime.

:D

Ronabo said:
I had fun playing with you guys last night. drohne has a pretty damn good Guile. TaKeRx has a mean Blanka. Kit me up for some matches anytime.

Ronabo...!

I played your Fei Long last night in a ranked match I believe..

You played my Vega - I'm on MINI Pez

Ronabo

TurtleSnatcher said:
Ronabo...!

I played your Fei Long last night in a ranked match I believe..

You played my Vega - I'm on MINI Pez

Did I win? :lol :D

I think I'm gonna play some tonight. I also borrowed a friends Soul Calibur IV, so I might try that some too.

TaKeRx

Ronabo said:

Yea I had fun playing too. Hey, I beat the guy that was winning all the time, right when you left. I'll put the video on youtube so you can see :D .

EDIT: Here it is Make sure to click on HD

wi@tt

anyone willing to help out someone that really needs practice and is willing to learn to advance his abilities?

PSN: countjojo

wi@tt said:
anyone willing to help out someone that really needs practice and is willing to learn to advance his abilities?

PSN: countjojo

i'll help you out. my psn is longmeat. i have a mic too if u want to talk on it. hit me up if ur on now

Raw64life

So I've been playing ranked matches a ton the last week, currently sitting on a 332-54 record, and I still haven't been ranked yet. I've been at 60,000 something since I started and my rank has seemingly only gone down as more people buy the game. Maybe I'm just not going long enough without playing for them to rerank me?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Raw64life said:
So I've been playing ranked matches a ton the last week, currently sitting on a 332-54 record, and I still haven't been ranked yet. I've been at 60,000 something since I started and my rank has seemingly only gone down as more people buy the game. Maybe I'm just not going long enough without playing for them to rerank me?

Nope the ranking system in the game is completely broken.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The rankings are screwed up. I got as high as 7th and 26th and I don't have nearly as many wins.

Is it possible for people to boot other people off their group or something? I swear that is what is happening to me. I enter some room and I'm there for a couple minutes and I get disconnected. It happened several times.

ravien56

man guys can you please help me? I love playing this game, I even got a arcade stick, but I suck soo much, im getting my ass handed to me every round, my record is 18/84>_<, I play ryu, but whenever Im in a corner, match is done

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The tourney guys are jumping online. I'm getting my ass kicked too though I put up a good fight now and then. :lol

I jumped on and played. I went on a four game losing streak. I'm thinking about switching out the gate on my HRAP EX to octagonal to make shoryukens a little easier to perform. But yeah...every time I play this game, it's like trying to run without stretching before hand. I tend to warm up and win...but at the start...even little things get me.

I hope SFIV does not have mandatory five-round matches in ranked mode.

ravien56

Spiderjericho said:
I jumped on and played. I went on a four game losing streak. I'm thinking about switching out the gate on my HRAP EX to octagonal to make shoryukens a little easier to perform. But yeah...every time I play this game, it's like trying to run without stretching before hand. I tend to warm up and win...but at the start...even little things get me.

I hope SFIV does not have mandatory five-round matches in ranked mode.
i wish ps3 had 5 rounds...ours is only 3

mh56 said:
i wish ps3 had 5 rounds...ours is only 3

You can set it for five rounds in the options. It just draws out matches when you're playing ranked mode. But I won't lie, I've come back from being down 2-0 to win matches, so in some cases, it is a good thing.

I just played a few ranked games to wind down for the night. Why do I always get paired up against the "Hadouchebags" that just spam fireballs the entire game. They're not usually hard to beat, it just drives me CRAZY. I have to turn my volume down so I don't go insane...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
SwitchBladeKneegrow said:
I just played a few ranked games to wind down for the night. Why do I always get paired up against the "Hadouchebags" that just spam fireballs the entire game. They're not usually hard to beat, it just drives me CRAZY. I have to turn my volume down so I don't go insane...

Tell me about it. Akuma and Ryu fireball spammers make up about 70% of all the matches I've played against.

negitoro7

I just played Ranked for an hour straight with my Vega, Guile and Honda. I hardly encountered any shotos, but rather, a nice mix of the majority of the cast used by skilled players.

What's the website for checking your stats?

Tonight was horrible for me.. First time I've had a losing record in 2 weeks.

So i started in the game being so shitty.. like 4-20.

Then I got up to about 40-38 after I began focusing on 1 character

Now I'm like 180-140.

I'm pretty proud of myself for improving so much over the past 2 weeks.

I just can't stand shoto players.. Non-stop "SHORYUKEN SHORYUKEN SHORYUKEN" and cross over bullshit.. Jumping Fierce Kick and Crouching Fierce kick.

Vega will be my main in SF4 so I'm getting the practicing down (yes I know he's the weakest but he's the most fun and flies around so much that it must fuck with others minds because when I fight agst another Vega I can get dizzy in the head from the flying)

Grifter

Just had ranked game w/ da aceman 037 and after a throw, he reiterated several times that he would use my IP and to find my house to kill me.

GAF, do I need to bear arms to play SF online?

Oh yeah, he used Akuma.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
You guys have some awesome records. I'm like 100 wins and 200 losses ranked. I've been working on my Cammy but I still need to learn some basic 3-4 hit combos and how to crossover. Shit is tough.

Grifter said:
Just had ranked game w/ da aceman 037 and after a throw, he reiterated several times that he would use my IP and to find my house to kill me.

GAF, do I need to bear arms to play SF online?

Oh yeah, he used Akuma.

Throws in SF2 is serious business. Who were you using?

Surprisingly I haven't got many complaints about throws, and I main boxer. I try not to abuse his loop too much though, unless they start to tick throw or I'm down a round or something. Then it's time to bring out the headbutts.

Grifter probably was using Bison.. and he's a throw bitch :p

I get complaints about Izuna Drops ALL the time. Especially from idiots that just block my dive because its an instant Izuna Drop for me..

and I can change them back to back pretty easily and they can't get out. Thats when I get the

"YOU ARE SO CHEESE LEARN A NEW MOVE"

I got that earlier from a Chun-Li who only did her stupid Lightning Fast kick move..

At the end when I destroyed him 3-0 with 2 perfects.. I told him "Learn to Chun-Li" :p

Grifter

iconoclast said:
Throws in SF2 is serious business. Who were you using?

Surprisingly I haven't got many complaints about throws, and I main boxer. I try not to abuse his loop too much though, unless they start to tick throw or I'm down a round or something. Then it's time to bring out the headbutts.

Dee Jay, and you should headbutt the hell out of people if they can't respond. It got nerfed anyway.

That guy was shouting threats nonstop, I would hate for anyone else to have to deal with that. Live needs an insta-mute function.

It's a shame that literally every good competitive match I have always have to turn into throw-fests when I play against people online. I don't care if you throw me, spit on me, bite me or dragon punch me, whatever, but why do so many people just concentrate on throwing at every available opportunity? I try to use skill to beat them, but when they constantly abuse moves and throw me every chance they get(M Bison, E Honda)), it takes the fun out of the matches. Sometimes, I really wish you can disable throwing in this game. No, I don't suck, I have been playing Street fighter since Street Fighter 1 and owned most, if not all of the home versions. I just thinks it annoying when people attempt to play so cheap ot the point where it ruins the fun.

Ferrio

Banned
Rhazer Fusion said:
It's a shame that literally every good competitive match I have always have to turn into throw-fests when I play against people online. I don't care if you throw me, spit on me, bite me or dragon punch me, whatever, but why do so many people just concentrate on throwing at every available opportunity? I try to use skill to beat them, but when they constantly abuse moves and throw me every chance they get(M Bison, E Honda)), it takes the fun out of the matches. Sometimes, I really wish you can disable throwing in this game. No, I don't suck, I have been playing Street fighter since Street Fighter 1 and owned most, if not all of the home versions. I just thinks it annoying when people attempt to play so cheap ot the point where it ruins the fun.

:lol

Ledsen

Grifter said:
Dee Jay, and you should headbutt the hell out of people if they can't respond. It got nerfed anyway.

That guy was shouting threats nonstop, I would hate for anyone else to have to deal with that. Live needs an insta-mute function.

Set the voice chat to "headset only" and just don't wear it when you don't want to hear.

n3ss said:
people that complain need to learn a new move! :lol

I think it is a fair complaint. I will not continue to complain about this, I just play cheap back on them which involves some devious tactics I only did whenever I got desperate. I was just saying imo, it sometimes does take the technique and flow out of competitive matches.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
Rhazer Fusion said:

You shouldn't play competitively and you shouldn't play me.. My Blanka will bite the shiet out of you. Seriously. When I'm online and people start to bitch about my tactics I straight up tell them, learn to counter and get better. Against skilled players I use different tactic, cause using the same thing over and over again doesn't work.. Why? Because they know how to stop it! Throws are hella good in this game, so yes, they'll be used a lot. And if you disabled throwing it would completly change that game, tactics would change and a new cheap way of winning would emerge..

SCRUB... sorry, but this bitching is grown tired on me and especially on these forums.

EDIT: Just really frustrated with people that play a competitive game and then bitch about tactics that haven been in the game for years. Your lucky you didn't play the original ST many throws were way worse...

Top Bottom