• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Surge |OT| Live Die Repeat

UberLevi

Got the full
SCARAB
set last night. Don't really care for the stats but the set bonus is nice. Trying to grind my rig up to 35 so I can get that extra slot. Starting to feel outleveled by the enemies so I'm thinking I'll need to grind out some tech scrap before moving on.

Yes. This guy gets it. This one guy that didn't like the game much, he understands.

All those people enjoying the game right now? They only think they're enjoying it. Little do they know they aren't actually having fun, that they're all really bored because this is a Bad Game.

If only... If only there was something you could say to help them. Some argument or explanation to convince people that the game they're currently enjoying isn't actually fun and that they should stop playing. You could save them! Save them from this prison of wrong opinions and secretly bad games! Then they could go back to waiting for a real sci fi Souls to happen, with the rest of us real Souls fans.

Like this guy.

This guy that gets it.
Can I just use this quote forever and ever? This is a treasure.

deoee

Exo Gen 2 and a new boss!

I missed what Staff lady said cause an enemy interrupted, someone know where she goes after you met her the 2nd time?

Oh also FUCK AREA 3, I have no fucking clue where to go and what to do there anymore >_>

Listonosh

I'm kind of stuck and I don't really want to look up a walkthrough, but I'd certainly appreciate a hint or which area I'm supposed to be in. I beat the
third boss in Area 2, which popped a trophy called Big Sister, or something like that,
but now I have absolutely no idea where to go and what to do next. I've beaten enough of the Cops to get their full set, which I assumed would let me walk through the security checkpoints, but that doesn't seem to be the case. So at this point I'm just aimlessly running around each level, trying to find more of those drone bypass stations that open sealed doors, but so far each one I find ends up being just a room, or a shortcut. HALP

bati

Can someone tell me where the
meds
for that guy are? I've been in the are with the
greenhouse
and despite combing thoroughly through the level I didn't find them.

deoee

meds
greenhouse

You'll get a new drone power which will help you with this problem

meds
greenhouse

drone door in the last greenhouse from which you came out back into the the main toxic sludge yard with the Hans and the RoboCats.

Same general room where you restored power to the section. Has two robocats

bati

You'll get a new drone power which will help you with this problem

drone door in the last greenhouse from which you came out back into the the main toxic sludge yard with the Hans and the RoboCats.

Same general room where you restored power to the section. Has two robocats

Thanks, I only found the one that led back to the train station.

Seyfert

What happened when you died and respawn In term of story context? In other games they have some way to explain why you can respawn over and over. But i cant get this game. Ok you died and system reboot so what? Isnt Warren already dead and reboot didnt really mean bring back to life because human didnt work like that.

Someone tell me there's a shortcut back to Operations via Resolve Field Labs. Getting miffed running this route back to the elevator to those goddamned three legged freaks.

Corpekata

Banned
When do you get the ability for a secondary weapon to swap to with left on the d-oad? Or is it rig based? I took the fast one, and have just entered the 2nd area.

VpomRurd

When do you get the ability for a secondary weapon to swap to with left on the d-oad? Or is it rig based? I took the fast one, and have just entered the 2nd area.

Just set another weapon to your favourites, you can do it in the inventory screen. Then using left will cycle through your favourites.

I'm gonna take some time, to learn the ins and outs of the combat system, the fact you have low hit and high hit evasions, is very interesting.

Yes. This guy gets it. This one guy that didn't like the game much, he understands.

All those people enjoying the game right now? They only think they're enjoying it. Little do they know they aren't actually having fun, that they're all really bored because this is a Bad Game.

If only... If only there was something you could say to help them. Some argument or explanation to convince people that the game they're currently enjoying isn't actually fun and that they should stop playing. You could save them! Save them from this prison of wrong opinions and secretly bad games! Then they could go back to waiting for a real sci fi Souls to happen, with the rest of us real Souls fans.

Like this guy.

This guy that gets it.

Or what if
Maybe he meant
That someone else doesn't like the game and he articulates it properly?

Or am I missing something with Sanctuary and the other dudes post that implies people shouldn't be having fun?

Or what if
Maybe he meant

Or am I missing something with Sanctuary and the other dudes post that implies people shouldn't be having fun?

"I agree" or something along those lines is probably a better response than "this guy gets it."

TheKeyPit

Banned
Don't lose your head: https://gfycat.com/AlertDirtyHamster

So, I'm still in the first area experimenting. I've got the following Implants equipped: "Injectable that uses energy to restore health" + "Increases amount of energy gained through successful attacks" + "Slows energy decay" + "Reduces the energy cost of performing finishing moves". I'm rocking the ENDAS RS3 Titan 'Heavy-duty" with +80% Energy Gain.

This setup grants me a 30 HP healing after one successful attack. I like it.

I cannot for the life of me find the rig that lets me equip more boosters. Also yeah those three legged enemies are rough. Any good strategies?

Radian8

Absolutely loving the game, farmed quite a bit in the first area and got most weapons (Class) i've found up to about 7-8 each.
I'm really loving the Staff class.
Area 2 was a serious jump in difficulty and really enjoying exploring it.
I'm finding some areas in the game 'horror' like, quite disturbing and puts you on edge, it's awesome!

If the game keeps up this pace it's going to be one hell of a ride. As a huge Dark Souls fan, and played right through Lords of the Fallen, i'm utterly loving the game.

Also, there seems to be a large amount of 'hidden' moves, such as running and sliding attacks, the jumping straight up to dodge and can attack with certain weapons from that stance. I'm sure there is quite a bit more i've missed out on.

Hopefully that dissuades a few people from wasting $59 on a $29 game, like I did.

I don't even know how to react to this aside from just saying... everyone has different values for games. Your not saving anyone anything

Also someone find the song for the medbay on the PC version and lets hear the full version clearly. Thats my jam!

Or what if
Maybe he meant

By saying, "Someone gets it" they are implying that anyone else having fun with the game is a fool and they simple don't understand. That those that like the game and think it is fun are fools and need to be saved to understand the game is garbage.

I liked all the Soulsborne games and I like the Surge as well, I guess I don't get it.

Either way, typing that out in an assumption is pretty silly and overly defensive.

I dunno. I wasn't upset about it or anything, I was just answering the question.

I don't think saying "this guy gets it" is conducive to a good discussion anyways. It just comes across as saying that to try to kind of piss on people that actually do like the game because they just "don't get it."

I think Skyrim is bad but I'm not going to say "Oh, well you just don't get it like I do." It's just a different opinion and I really have no reason to say that sort of thing to people that legitimately love that game. I could just say "yeah, it's not my type of game for (x),(y),(z), reasons" and leave it there.

Area 3 and I finally got lost.

Look up a guide and apparently I was supposed to see a hole to fall into...

Well I finally found it.

Edit: Is there a toxic waste shield injection or something, no idea how I'll beat the mini boss here atm.

psychotron

Don't lose your head: https://gfycat.com/AlertDirtyHamster

So, I'm still in the first area experimenting. I've got the following Implants equipped: "Injectable that uses energy to restore health" + "Increases amount of energy gained through successful attacks" + "Slows energy decay" + "Reduces the energy cost of performing finishing moves". I'm rocking the ENDAS RS3 Titan 'Heavy-duty" with +80% Energy Gain.

This setup grants me a 30 HP healing after one successful attack. I like it.

Sounds kinda Bloodborne ish. I'll get this for sure, just don't know when....and I'm afraid I won't be good enough, lol. I solo beat DS2, but I've summoned here and there in other Souls games, so I'm nervous I won't be able to finish it.

deoee

Well I finally found it.

Edit: Is there a toxic waste shield injection or something, no idea how I'll beat the mini boss here atm.

I never understood how you can play this kind of games with guides :eek: You're killing half the fun by havin everything laid out.

There's the Liquidator (?) set which reduces that kind of dmg I think

Tecnniqe

Banned

Well I finally found it.

There is a mod which drains energy for toxic protection

Did anyone else have a hard time with the first boss? I'm a Souls vet and I've probably fought it like 20 times, keep getting my ass kicked

Still really digging the game though

By saying, "Someone gets it" they are implying that anyone else having fun with the game is a fool and they simple don't understand. That those that like the game and think it is fun are fools and need to be saved to understand the game is garbage.

I liked all the Soulsborne games and I like the Surge as well, I guess I don't get it.

Christ.
You got all that from "This guy gets it".
It just means "Someone agrees with me".

*Splinter

This guy gets it.

Christ.
You got all that from "This guy gets it".
It just means "Someone agrees with me".

Amazing, it's like we have different opinions on what people write. Sanctuary hasn't clarified so I am free to interpret what his reponse meant.

Time to move on though, thanks for playing.

The first boss is a pain for me and I am a Souls vet. Still loving the game.

I dunno. I wasn't upset about it or anything, I was just answering the question.

I don't think saying "this guy gets it" is conducive to a good discussion anyways. It just comes across as saying that to try to kind of piss on people that actually do like the game because they just "don't get it."

I think Skyrim is bad but I'm not going to say "Oh, well you just don't get it like I do." It's just a different opinion and I really have no reason to say that sort of thing to people that legitimately love that game. I could just say "yeah, it's not my type of game for (x),(y),(z), reasons" and leave it there.

The post he was responding to wasn't really saying that. Just seemed like that dude had a good grasp on how to outline what was wrong with the game in his opinion.

I dunno maybe he was or wasn't, but the resulting commentary makes it seem as if that well thought out post was an issue. And it's just a quick line from a dude, I still think it's a little far to assume he thinks the game is straight worthless and that everyone else is a pleb.

Basically. It's that "I don't like this, how can anyone else like it" style of comment. at least in that context

It implies that those who express those criticisms/that position are the ones who see what the game really is, they "get it", and other players who think differently haven't had that epiphany about what the game is really like, thus implying they're the ones that don't get it

Top Bottom