• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The TGS 2009 Sony Key Note- Otherwise Known as ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!

noah111

Still Alive
BTW for those who have missed it (thread moves fast), here's the (more or less) 'final' look of the PS motion controller;

tgs-09-hirai-0186-rm-eng.jpg

TGS-09-Heres-What-Sonys-Motion-Controller-Looks-Like-Now.jpg

Still no official brand name, but that may be revealed at the press conference in an hour and a half.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I'm confused. This was a keynote, and then there's going to be an actual conference in a little while?

Does that mean everyone saying "disappointing!" should hold off a little longer?

Robot 492

Banned
omg rite said:
I'm confused. This was a keynote, and then there's going to be an actual conference in a little while?

Does that mean everyone saying "disappointing!" should hold off a little longer?
Yep :)

ZeoVGM

Banned
Sentry said:
BTW for those who have missed it (thread moves fast), here's the (more or less) 'final' look of the PS motion controller;

tgs-09-hirai-0186-rm-eng.jpg

TGS-09-Heres-What-Sonys-Motion-Controller-Looks-Like-Now.jpg

Still no official brand name, but that may be revealed at the press conference in an hour and a half.

1316b.jpg

imtehman

Banned
Cat in the Hat said:
or you know you could wait 2 hours for it to be shown probably by the game's creator.

that's in 2 hours though?

besides, the fact that the gaem creater "could probably" show it on stage doesn't take away from the fact that the trailer is shit.

nib95

Banned
That Kotaku list from pretty much tells us GT5 isn't going to be an 09 game :( After all this time, all that talk, and still only 65%. Seriously Polyphony.....talk about dropping the ball...

Mobius 1

So, if you go to the Japanese PSN, you can download 6 trailer reels for the PS3 games, and there are also a few for the PSP.

On the first 2 I already downloaded, there is a new trailer for Tekken 6, footage of Star Ocean, the new Capcom Basara-whatever game, yet another Dragon Ball Z game, End of Eternity, the Castlevania trailer everyone already saw, japanese version of the Uncharted 2 trailer... and so on.

The videos are 720p, each about 600 MB each. I'm assuming these will be shown at the conference in a few minutes.

Firewire

Banned
I just read over a N4G that apparently Sony sold 1 million slims in the first 3 weeks. I don't trust shit all from N4G but the linked site claims this was mentioned in the keynote speech?
I'm guessing this is total bullshit (I missed the keynote) can someone confirm my suspicions about this.

dolemite said:
What's the purpose of the ping pong ball on the new controller? Is the motion sensor housed inside?

put it between your GF's legs.

Firewire said:
I just read over a N4G that apparently Sony sold 1 million slims in the first 3 weeks. I don't trust shit all from N4G but the linked site claims this was mentioned in the keynote speech?
I'm guessing this is total bullshit (I missed the keynote) can someone confirm my suspicions about this.

http://twitter.com/GamingAge/status/4332329898

Firewire said:

it's true.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Firewire said:

That could be right- we know its probably done 250K or so in Japan alone.

noah111

Still Alive
Firewire said:
Was posted earlier in the thread, it's true (ie didn't originate from N4G so nothing to worry about).

Impressive numbers, anyone think they will reach their target FY numbers still?

Raist

Banned
Firewire said:

Around 600k for it's first week, so 1M in 3 weeks is very possible.

Firewire

Banned
Holly crap the 1 million is true. I would have never guessed that it would sell that much in such a short period of time, maybe a million over 2 months or something. Sony has to be real happy about it.

laserbeam

Banned
They are fudging the numbers a bit as it is was out over a week before the 1st in NA. either way its an expected bump from price cuts.

noah111

Still Alive
dolemite said:
What's the purpose of the ping pong ball on the new controller? Is the motion sensor housed inside?
Deja vu or...? It is the way the PS Eye tracks movement, along with gyros and whatnot insie the controller.

Ranger X

Firewire said:
Holly crap the 1 million is true. I would have never guessed that it would sell that much in such a short period of time, maybe a million over 2 months or something. Sony has to be real happy about it.

299$ really is a "psychological barrier". It might be the price people were ready to pay for this machine. I also thought this would have been the launch price back then... until we got the 599$ brick in the face.

Top Bottom