• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The TGS 2009 Sony Key Note- Otherwise Known as ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!

grumble said:
Wow, the eurogamer liveblogger really isn't a fan of Sony.

He's a smart ass towards all the conferences. I like it although he can occasionally gloss over some stuff that might actually be of interest.

Sentry said:
Holly shit mate. :lol

I've seen much sillier things on GAF. It's a legit enough question (unless it was asked a bunch of times earlier and I'm missing something ...) Not everybody know how the tech in the PS Eye works.

bttb

Firewire said:
I just read over a N4G that apparently Sony sold 1 million slims in the first 3 weeks. I don't trust shit all from N4G but the linked site claims this was mentioned in the keynote speech?
I'm guessing this is total bullshit (I missed the keynote) can someone confirm my suspicions about this.

PR: NEW PLAYSTATION®3 RETAIL SALES ACHIEVE 1 MILLION UNITS IN 3 WEEKS WORLDWIDE

Tokyo, September 24, 2009 : Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. today announced that retail sales of its new PlayStation®3 (PS3®) (CECH-2000A) computer entertainment system achieved a total of 1 million units*1 worldwide in the 3 weeks since its launch on September 1, 2009 *2. The expansion of the PS3 platform is being accelerated along with the introduction of more and more new and exciting software titles as well as the enhancement of PlayStation®Network.

*1 The number is based on SCEI’s estimation.
*2 The new PS3 became available in stores on September 1, 2009, in North America, Europe/ PAL territories, Asian countries and regions, and in Japan on September 3, 2009.

Firewire

Banned
Ranger X said:
299$ really is a "psychological barrier". It might be the price people were ready to pay for this machine. I also thought this would have been the launch price back then... until we got the 599$ brick in the face.

Yeah it seems like $299 really broke the pricing barrier, hope Sony can keep some of that sales momentum alive for a while (not expecting 1m every 3 weeks) and be competitive console sales wise.

When I first heard about the $599 I swear I had a small seizure or heart attack or something. Never expected the number to be that high at all.

Mr.NiceGuy

Sorry can't find an official CAPCOM TGS thread and I can't start a thread myself, anyway interesting news from the capcom PR:

Capcom debuts two new video games at Tokyo Game Show
September 23rd, 2009 Posted in DS, News, Wii, Written by Valay
CAPCOM DEBUTS TWO NEW VIDEO GAMES AT TOKYO GAME SHOW

Sengoku BASARA Samurai Heroes, Ghost Trick Coming to North America and Europe in 2010
TOKYO, JAPAN — September 24, 2009 — Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, announced today that two titles on display at the 2009 Tokyo Game Show will be coming to North America and Europe in 2010. New Capcom titles Sengoku BASARA™ Samurai Heroes and Ghost Trick (working title for North America and Europe), displayed to the Japanese gaming public for the first time in Tokyo, will be making the transition to western gamers next year.

Sengoku BASARA Samurai Heroes, the latest in Capcom’s popular samurai action series, makes it first appearance on both the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Wii™. Set during a tumultuous period of Japanese history, Sengoku BASARA Samurai Heroes allows players to take up the swords of more than a dozen fierce samurai warriors in huge battles against hundreds of opponents. Players will be able to unlock playable characters, as well as supporting generals who will make it easier to command and lead armies with the ultimate goal of re-writing history to rule all of 16th century Japan. The action is fast-paced and stylish, taking combat cues from producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi’s other big series, Devil May Cry®. The game’s main campaign will be the same on both gaming platforms, with the addition of online co-op for the PlayStation 3.

Ghost Trick combines mystery, logic puzzles and the supernatural into a new experience on Nintendo DS. Part adventure game, part puzzle game, Ghost Trick’s gameplay will challenge player’s brains while its distinctive art style and character designs courtesy of members of Capcom’s Ace Attorney® series, will please the eye. In Ghost Trick, players become Sissel, an amnesiac ghost who must use his ghostly powers to protect the lives of several people while attempting to uncover the secrets behind his own untimely demise. Sissel can “possess” items within the world, such as flicking a switch to shock an unwary assassin or floating a bike through the air to scare mortals and even rewind time by four minutes to prevent further deaths.

Online co-op is exclusive to PS3 version.

LOL at all the people who said the PS3 version is just a port,looks like my prediction of the PS3 version selling better is correct.

Zaptruder

Banned
Sentry said:
BTW for those who have missed it (thread moves fast), here's the (more or less) 'final' look of the PS motion controller;

tgs-09-hirai-0186-rm-eng.jpg

TGS-09-Heres-What-Sonys-Motion-Controller-Looks-Like-Now.jpg

Still no official brand name, but that may be revealed at the press conference in an hour and a half.

Ugh. No analog stick.

The only other possibility is that button in the middle doubles up as a touch sensor track pad nub thing, similar to how the keypad has touch sensitive tracking capabilities.

I highly doubt it though.

Oh well, I'll give it a shot, tech whore that I am (I'll give all of it a shot, including vitality sensor), but it's a shame that this isn't a whole sale replacement of the DS3... does this mean that next gen it's going to come with two controllers out of the box, kinda like Nintendo has Wii-mote and nunchuck in the box, but sells them seperately, individually?

longdi

Banned
If it is only single wand without analog stick how am i going to play hardcore games on the motion controller? It looks too much like an accessory than a ds3 replacement. :(

markatisu

LOL at all the people who said the PS3 version is just a port,looks like my prediction of the PS3 version selling better is correct.

It is just a port, the Wii is the lead sku

Online co-op does not change that

laserbeam

Banned
markatisu said:
It is just a port, the Wii is the lead sku

Online co-op does not change that

Yep if anything it just backs up the sega leak about Sony demanding added features to ports the PS3 gets to try and drive up value.

Blablurn

i just woke up. seems like i didn't miss anything important. this is what i call "perfect timing". come on, bring the bombs SCEJ.

Top Bottom