• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The trademark for The Last Guardian has been abandoned (e.g. dead)

Sephzilla

Someone should take over the registry though, make a shitty game about a dog bird thing in a year of dev time and make loads of money from people thinking this is the game they have been waiting for.

Honestly, this is what I would fear would happen if Sony kept trying to make this game instead of cancelling it at this point. I'd have to imagine the higher ups would get frustrated and just try to rush the game out the door to get it over with. Even if the game is still in development I have to imagine its well over budget and would be an unrecoverable loss.

BouncyFrag

Don't make me call you Indiana.
356xg9_BSi_HZF.jpg

Maxim726X

Honestly, this is what I would fear would happen if Sony kept trying to make this game instead of cancelling it. At some point I'd have to imagine the higher ups would get frustrated and just try to rush the game out the door to get it over with.

Right, this I would consider a more realistic scenario than Sony just abandoning the game outright.

I don't see the sense in the latter.

Y2Kev is wrong because my resources are telling me that this sandwich needs more mayo and if you do not release my daughter i will find you and i will kill you i have high skills that allows to nuke the moon that's why my childs i'm the choosing one to lead you to the new world where i need to make cheese in order to create milk so i can revive my sandwich or this new world will get destroyed by the mayo demon now fear is not real but danger is very real allow me to introduce this new device the I LIE DETECTOR 3000 now I LIE DETECTOR 3000 please what do you think about this news

I LIE DETECTOR 3000: BEEB BOOB BLUP I think that this news is FUCKING BUUUUUUUUUULLLSHIIIT

ME: Thank you I LIE DETECTOR 3000
Dude, it's not funny. It's just annoying

Don't you people know that there are movies which are so bad that they're good? I'm Awesome is so bad he's good.

No he's not. As somebody who watches shit like Sharknado, The Room, MST3K and Rifftrax films, and Birdemic I can call myself an authority figure on so bad it's good and that good sir is NOT that.

iMax

Not a legal guy, but this is pretty common, right? They still own the IP (prior art) and trademarks automatically expire after a lack of use.

Finalow

I feel like someone is going to buy this trademark and open a kickstarter project with it. it would also be pretty hilarious. WedowhatSonycan't

stretch goals
$100k all the material from the original
dead
game gets stolen/reused.
$200k Fumito Ueda joins the team.
$400k PS4 version.

would back.

That I'm Awesomw dude couldn't have been more than 8 years old. I refuse to believe that a grown man could be that bad at "jokes".

PSOreo

Funny how 'The Last Guardian' has been called out for lack of information and being essentially vapourware. Whatever happened to Rockstar's "PS3 exclusive" 'Agent'?

UrbanRats

In the last few years they've mentioned so many times how the game is still in development, that is more foolish to believe they'll just cancel it like that, unless there's some big disaster going on at Sony i guess, with people getting fired.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It feels like this is the new Duke Nukem: Forever.

shaowebb

The update makes it seem that they have 2 months to refile the proper papers to keep the patent. If they don't bother then you can panic in 2 months is how I see it.

Top Bottom