• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The trademark for The Last Guardian has been abandoned (e.g. dead)

From Wiki

The game has been in development since 2007, and was formally announced at the 2009 Electronic Entertainment Expo with a planned release in 2011 exclusively for the PlayStation 3 video game console. The game has since suffered from numerous delays and further complications, including Ueda's departure as a full-time employee of Sony, though he remains as a consultant on the project. Sony has since left the release date and platform in question but, as of December 2014, stated the game remains in development.

This game start Dev in 2007, 8 years later no release date, Last Guardian forever..

Mexen

I think I'm gonna cry. I actually think I'm gonna cry.
People cry at funerals
Seriously though, I hope the game's still in production. It has to be, right? I mean SONY wouldn't just can a game that possibly historic, would they?
Believe

DryvBy

Adam Boyes, explain yourself! Yoshida, explain yourself!

I DIDN'T TURN YOU INTO A CHICKEN HAT WEARING NINJA TURTLE FOR NOTHING, YOSP!

KePoW

Banned
I think I'm gonna cry. I actually think I'm gonna cry.
People cry at funerals
Seriously though, I hope the game's still in production. It has to be, right? I mean SONY wouldn't just can a game that possibly historic, would they?
Believe

what exactly was so historic/great about it??

Mexen

It's claim I guess. It was said the AI was supposed to be revolutionary. Reacting differently depending on player actions (as in different players would experience different relationships between the boy and the griffin-like creature. Idk man, Team ICO's stuff is crazy good. There was no doubt the game was going to be another cult classic.

IrishNinja

Geez, guys...

ghJGhTM.gif

as a Shenmue fan this is offensive to my culture

pls ban

Haunted

Cancelling it means they'd deny it its rightful place in the top 10 pantheon of games that went through extensive development hell.

Duke Nukem Forever: 1998 - 2011 (13 years)
Diablo 3: 2001 - 2012 (11 years)
Prey: 1995 - 2006 (11 years)
Final Fantasy XV: 2006 - 201X (9+ years)
Too Human: 1999 - 2008 (9 years)
Team Fortress 2: 1999-2007 (8 years)
The Last Guardian: 2007 - RIP (would have been 8 years)

Keep in mind they didn't even want to announce the game in the first place, it was announced because that internal video got leaked. So I wonder if they would have kept it alive as long as they did if it weren't for that. I also always wondered about that, the video seemed to show some very dramatic events, I wondered if they had accidentally revealed too much (since they didn't intend the public to ever see that video), so then had to go back and change the story so its ending wasn't already known.

Mr. Tibbs

Cancelling it means they'd deny it its rightful place in the top 10 pantheon of games that went through extensive development hell.

Prey: 1995 - 2006 (11 years)
Prey stopped development in early 1999 and started up again in late 2001 with a different developer (Human Head), publisher (Rockstar until 2003) and tech. It was basically a new project.

Haxxona

Banned
I rather have them axe it thqn release it and it turns into a Duke nukem forever type of game. Just kill it and build a spiritual succesor from scratch.

If it has been cancelled now would be a good time to let us know. When IGN ran that story on the eve of E3 it had the potential to spoil the mood, so it made sense for Sony to dismiss the story then.

Aces&Eights

Hmmm...I don't see a "bishverified" rainbow check mark under Y2Kevs name. Has he been vetted?

CNPRkNl.gif

OT: I don't believe in miracles, flowers and sunshine as I've been married but there is still some shred of hope this game lives one. It wouldn't be the end of the world for me but hot damn it looks like it could be a great game.

taizuke

I think the week to week reveals of FF XV means the stars have finally begun aligning and that we will indeed get TLG.

I hope.

If they were going to kill it, I don't see why they would wait all this time to do it.

Personally, I don't think they ever will ....... EVEN IF THE TITLE REALLY IS DEAD!

They'll just keep saying its "Coming along good, but we're not ready to show it" till the end of time.

Seems par for the course, the up and down roller coaster that is this game. I never get too high or low at reading any of this stuff until we get some concrete evidence (which may never come xD)

FUCK NO NOOOOOOOO NO FUCK YOU ALL IT WILL BE REVEALED AT E3 2015 AND I WILL LAUGH HAHAHA I WILL DRINK YOUR TEARS WHILE SINGING I FUCKED YO BITCH

RAP TIME GAF :(

Yo yo Fuck my ex wife because of you they canceled the last guardian fuck you bitch mathafucka i threw my sandwich for the first time on the ground mathafucks i... i can't rap to this no more no no god not like this noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

20121220-125959.jpg

*reads rap post history*

fiddy.gif

Top Bottom