• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Trial Of Peter Molyneux by RockPaperShotgun

watership

I don't think I missed the point at all.

You were suggesting that an interview like this is good but not in the games industry because it's the games industry and it's only entertainment critique.

By this paragraph you were suggesting it is actually great journalism, just not here "because games".

Okay, granted I was of two minds on this. I think there needs to be some level of severity in the way things are treated. I find that sort of edgy questioning to be warranted when people were in danger or corruption of public officials or some sort huge financial failing. I honestly think that entertainment should not be held to the same standard, especially kickstarter, which is at best iffy, and opting into a book, movie, game is 100 percent optional.

That being said, I think people can still demand serious journalism in gaming. I dislike kissing ass interviews as well, but I will not support attacking devs in this style. Like i said before, I wouldn't even support Derek Smart being put through this, and a worst Dev I can not think of. People who love to play and make games want to have legitimate respect and growth in this industry, they have to stop cheering it on because it's the opposite of the shit they had before, and think of what direction it's actually going in.

Ask any 'real journalist' how far they get by attacking their interviewees.

Paxman, how far did you get by attacking your interviewees when they'd screwed up royally?

"lauded 20 year career"

Andrew Neil?

"12 years at the beeb and on more then ever"

John Humphrys?

"28 years on Today!"

Seems to go pretty well!

Reposting from the other thread:

Walker's interview is confrontational, sensational, relentless and uncomfortable, but absolutely necessary.

Molyneux and co. have taken a huge sum from backers and have not produced what was promised, and there are huge questions about the project, why this has happened and where things go next. Coupled with reports and speculation about Godus being abandoned and another project in the offing, and the story of the Curiousity winner, you have a situation where - finally - some direct, aggressive questioning is required, and while the opening question is shocking, I think it needs to be: these are questions that backers and the general gaming audience are asking - is he a pathological liar? Did he know how this was going to go? Were they misled all along? - and they need someone in the press to ask them.

If Godus had been snapped up by a publisher before the Kickstarter campaign and Molyneux had spent their money developing the game to the stage it's at now, I don't think you'd see the same response from the community, or the same interview from RPS. The kind of direct relationship with your audience fostered by platforms like Kickstarter comes with a catch: you take the money straight from people based on trust, so when you violate that trust, or are perceived to be violating it, they will demand direct accountability. Loudly, and rudely, if need be.

Kudos to John Walker, and kudos to Peter Molyneux for continuing with the interview and seeing it through. I hope it can lead to something better for Molyneux, Godus and all involved, but the defensive and evasive tone from Molyneux and the lack of self-awareness suggests it won't.

Good post, I agree and you said it better than I would have.

Jesus man.

This industry, if you don't sell yourself before you make a product, you will never make it in the first place. It's called a pitch. It happens with movies as well. A lot of bad movies have been made. No body wants to make bad movies.

For kickstarted projects, he might owe some folks who got promised a certain amount of things a few things.

But shit happens.

Fucking deal with it. He's doing this for consumers. For you. Sometimes shit doesn't work out.

'Calling him out on his bullshit' is not supposed to be part of the 'deal with it' package or what?

doomquake

whatsup with the link in OP?

"http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_14238425934416&key=de2ccb8ca8943c06669720e0a267a9f6&libId=8a32b3e8-cd6d-4297-85ea-6cfec1813277&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.neogaf.com%2Fforum%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D991418&v=1&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rockpapershotgun.com%2F2015%2F02%2F13%2Fpeter-molyneux-interview-godus-reputation-kickstarter%2F&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.neogaf.com%2Fforum%2Fforumdisplay.php%3Ff%3D2&title=The%20Trial%20Of%20Peter%20Molyneux%20by%20RockPaperShotgun%20-%20NeoGAF&txt=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rockpapershotgun.com%2F2015...n-kickstarter%2F"

some kind of phishing link?

watership

Think about what you are asking for a second. You think that as a customer, you should care about what developers prefer when it comes to interviews?

So it's an US vs THEM mentality? Devs are out to screw you, lie to you? They're the bad guys? Really?

Such as? What meaningful thing has molyneux done for the industry at all?
Are you being serious right now? He practically invented an entire genre of game (god games) with Populous. If he'd done nothing else since he'd still be an iconic figure.

Me neither, hahaha!
Lets agree on, there are still awesome games out there, but the industry as a whole could do some improvements?
Agreed!

Meier

I used to love Peter's games but the guy is right on the money. I don't visit any game sites other than GAF but this is the kind of hard-hitting questions you need to ask to a guy who has consistently over-promised and under-delivered his entire career and in this case, he's done it with the users' money directly. At some point, PM has just be straightforward with his comments -- "managed expectations" is something he doesn't understand.

kiguel182

This is more the equivalent of a director being called a liar for a scene in the trial not being in the final cut of a movie than a politician being asked a tough question.

whatsup with the link in OP?

"http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_14238425934416&key=de2ccb8ca8943c06669720e0a267a9f6&libId=8a32b3e8-cd6d-4297-85ea-6cfec1813277&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.neogaf.com%2Fforum%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D991418&v=1&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rockpapershotgun.com%2F2015%2F02%2F13%2Fpeter-molyneux-interview-godus-reputation-kickstarter%2F&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.neogaf.com%2Fforum%2Fforumdisplay.php%3Ff%3D2&title=The%20Trial%20Of%20Peter%20Molyneux%20by%20RockPaperShotgun%20-%20NeoGAF&txt=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rockpapershotgun.com%2F2015...n-kickstarter%2F"

some kind of phishing link?

I think that's normal, evilore's monetisation stuff.

More importantly they've tarnished themselves with the rest of the industry imo.

RPS just shot themselves in the foot.

I don’t know how much the rest of you know about industry culture (I’m an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It’s not like it is in political journalism where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in video games, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the industry professionals, after hearing about this, are not going to want to give RPS any exposure to their latest games, nor permit any interviews. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but RPS has alienated their entire source of news with this move.

RPS, publicly apologize and start kissing Molyneux's ass or you can kiss your business goodbye.

:D

http://pastebin.com/7crgkLyG

Here is the entire interview.

Thank you for posting it.

I can some spin going on here:

RPS: Yes, but you know that. You’ve been working in the industry for over thirty years, you know how much money it costs to make a game and you put a specific amount–

Peter Molyneux: No, I don’t, I disagree John. I have no idea how much money it costs to make a game and anyone that tells you how much it’s going to cost to make a game which is completely a new experience is a fool or a genius.

RPS: But you have to have enough experience to know the basics of budgeting a videogame, you’ve been doing it for thirty years!

Peter Molyneux: No, I disagree. See this is where you’re wrong. I think even Hollywood struggles. Lots of films go over budget. I’ll give you an example, I had some repair works done to my house, they went over budget by 50%. I said exactly the same thing. Anything that involves creativity, you may think it should be a defined process, but it’s not. And the reason that it’s not a defined process is that the people who work on it aren’t robots, and you can’t predict whether someone is going to be brilliant and you give them a piece of code to do and they do it in a day, or whether they’re going to take a month to do it, and that’s the problem with creativity. Being creative is a very, very unpredictable force, and you try your best. You try your best to predict these things but very often you can be wrong. And I have been wrong. Every single project I have ever done, and people know this, every single project I have done, I have been wrong about the times. And I’ve been very honest about that. And the only time I have absolutely stuck to my dates was on Fable 3 and I shouldn’t have done that. I should have gone back and asked for more time.

RPS: I understand budgets can go–

Peter Molyneux: I’m running a business and god I wish to god that I could predict the time and I can assure you every single person has worked their ass off to try to make this game as quickly and effectively as they possibly can and everybody here is incredibly dedicated and still is. I mean, the Godus team were here at half past eight last night. We try as hard as we can to get things right the first time, to get a feature right the first time, we try to implement things that are going to be effective, but when you’re creating something new it’s almost impossible, John. Here’s the thing: this is what I truly believe. Making a computer game that’s entertaining and that’s incredible and that’s amazing is almost impossible, it’s almost impossible to do.

I don't believe he's incorrect about Kickstarter, but for other reasons:

Peter Molyneux: Well, I think if you talk to anyone, and this is the advice I have given to people about Kickstarter, is to not ask for too much. You cannot unfortunately ask for the actual amount you need. Because you don’t really know. This is how I based my assumption of what money we needed. We had started implementing Godus, we were working on a prototype that was really going well. I thought, ‘Oh, this looks pretty good.’ I asked everybody here, how long do you think we’ll need to develop the game in full. We all agreed that nine months was about the right amount of time to complete the game. We did the due diligence on it. We asked ourselves if there were any technical questions and it all seemed to make sense. This wasn’t me just plucking a date out of the air.

The reality came along when we chose our middleware, we had problems with the middleware. When we started implementing some of the features that were on paper, they just didn’t work. Now I wish that every single idea you ever had when you’re developing a game works first time, but they don’t. When we first released Godus in May, to some of the pledgers, we had taken an approach to this thing called the timeline and it just didn’t work. People were just not motivated by it. We went back to the drawing board on that. What I’m trying to say without going through every sort of, every bad story about development, when you’re creating something new, it’s like walking through a foggy forest. You’re never sure if you’re taking the wrong route or the right route.

I know you can call on me, John, ‘Oh you’ve got thirty years, surely you know what to do,’ but I would say that anybody who is creating something new and original and different, which Godus is, it’s almost impossible to ask for the right time, and in the end the amount of money that we have spent on making Godus is far, far exceeded what we got on Kickstarter. Far, far exceeded. Because you got to remember on Kickstarter, although we got £100k more than what we asked for, after Kickstarter take their cut, after paying VAT, you have to pay off after completing all the pledges, it’s far less than that. You do the maths, it’s that simple – you can do this math, we had 22 people here. If you take the average salary for someone in the industry, which must be about £30k, that’s 22 people, multiplied by £30k, divided by 12. You work out how many months Kickstarter money gives us.

We saw this coming, in around about March, end of March time. I knew by that time that the game was not going as it should have gone. I could have gone back to my pledges and asked for more money, but instead I went to a publisher and just signed up the mobile rights. Not the Steam rights, even though that would have made our life a lot easier to sign the Steam rights and we did have companies after us for the PC and the console rights. We ringfenced that and just did the mobile version and there were other reasons, but the money they gave us upfront far exceeded the money that we got off Kickstarter. And that was the business decision that you have to take, because you have to make these sacrifices both personally and professionally in the sake of making a great game.

But this:

Peter Molyneux: One thing, Godus will be one of the fastest games I’ve ever done. If you go back and look at every single game I’ve ever worked on, ever, other than Fable 3, they’ve all taken longer than with the exception perhaps of the original Populous. They’ve all taken longer.

RPS: So why go to people who trust you and trust your reputation and ask them for half a million pounds and say you’re going to finish the game in seven months, when you know you’re not going to?

Peter Molyneux: Because I absolutely believe that and my team believe that. That’s what the creative process is.

and this:

RPS: How long should backers wait for you to deliver the game they paid for three years ago?

Peter Molyneux: I don’t know. All I know is that there are people here that have been working on Godus, that we have worked on Godus for one hundred and twenty thousand man-hours. We have got three terabytes of documentary feature. We’ve replied to 31,000 posts and tickets. We’ve done 57 community videos. Do you know how many updates we’ve done on Steam?

RPS: I don’t think anyone who paid for the game cares.

Peter Molyneux: How many updates have we done on Steam?

RPS: I don’t think anyone who paid for the game cares. I think they want the game they paid for three years ago or their money back.

Peter Molyneux: We’re trying as hard as we possibly can.

RPS: I don’t think you are. You’ve said yourself–

Peter Molyneux: John, John, John–

RPS: You said yourself, that you should not have gone and focused on the mobile version until the PC version was finished. This is all very disingenuous in light of you saying that.

Peter Molyneux: No, I actually said, “I wish I hadn’t focused on,” I didn’t say I shouldn’t have done.

RPS: [Laughs]

and this:

RPS: But you said that the PC version doesn’t have a publisher, but the publisher is the reason you had to take away the framework that allowed the multiplayer.

Peter Molyneux: Yeah, I know, but John, these things–

RPS: No, I’m asking you to explain–

Peter Molyneux: Why do you– Why don’t you come here for a couple of days, and do your job, and see what goes on here?

RPS: Obviously that’s–

Peter Molyneux: Because what you must realise is that doing a game in today’s world and a game that’s live is a nightmare.

The interview got very personal, very heated, and Peter was trying to diffuse John's nasty tone.

And shit like this:

RPS: Just to clarify, five days ago Konrad wrote, “From the minute I played the alpha, I could see the direction Godus was heading in and I didn’t like it. It took half a year to develop contact with Peter personally before I was offered a design position, initially unpaid, and then another year working at 22cans to get a position there.” So just to be clear he says that he played the alpha and didn’t like it and then came to work for you guys.

and this:

RPS: No, but it’s frustrating. Let’s go back to Bryan Henderson. The Eurogamer story revealed that you ignored him for nearly two years – that’s awful. And you’ve apologised, but how can that even have ever been a thing that happened?

Peter Molyneux: You’re right, John. It’s wrong. It’s one of those things where I thought someone else was handling it and they were. It was someone – and these are excuses, it’s pointless me writing these excuses – and I thought they were handling it. They left and I assumed incorrectly that they had handed their handling of Bryan off to someone else and they hadn’t.

RPS: But it never crossed your mind to talk to him or anything like that? You were changing his life.

Peter Molyneux: It’s terrible, it’s wrong, it’s bad of me, I shouldn’t have, I should have checked on these things, but there is a million things to check on, John, and that one slipped through. There wasn’t any intention not to use him, or not to incorporate him, but we needed the technology before doing and I am truly sorry and we are writing a letter of apology to him today.

RPS: OK, but only because Eurogamer chased after you.

Peter Molyneux: They, they, they actually did make me realise that I hadn’t checked up on it, it’s true. I am a very flawed human being, as you are pointing out, and I totally accept that I’m a flawed human being.

RPS: Everyone’s a flawed human being, that’s not my point at all.

Peter Molyneux: And when there are thousands of things to check on, you try to rely on your team and this slipped through the net and, you’re right, it shouldn’t have done.

RPS: In 2012–

Peter Molyneux: Why would I have ignored him? I mean, why did I do that? It’s just incompetence.

RPS: OK. In Rezzed–

Peter Molyneux: I mean, I’m sure you are going to write, ‘Peter Molyneux’s incompetent’, and I am.

and:

Peter Molyneux: I literally work sixteen hours a day. I literally work sixteen hours a day. I don’t do that just to lie to people, I do it because I believe I’m doing. I totally believe in what I’m trying to make. Yeah, and you can rile the backers up and get them to ask for their money back and you can say, ‘Oh, you’ve broken your promises,’ but I’m still doing it. I’m still working on it. I’m still putting every ounce of my energy. I’m still not going to my son’s play because I had to work on Godus. I’m still getting shouted at by my wife because I’m not home. Do you know what time I got home last night? Two-thirty in the morning.

RPS: I don’t–

Peter Molyneux: Do you know what I was doing? I was dealing with the shit that all of this has come up, rather than working on Godus.

RPS: But–

Peter Molyneux: I’m someone, I’m defined by what I do in this industry and I love it so much. And, you know, it emotionally hurts me to have someone like yourself be so angry with me and really all I want to do is make a great game. That’s all I’ve ever wanted to do.

They make for entertaining reads.

moggio

Banned

I don’t know how much the rest of you know about industry culture (I’m an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It’s not like it is in political journalism where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in video games, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the industry professionals, after hearing about this, are not going to want to give RPS any exposure to their latest games, nor permit any interviews. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but RPS has alienated their entire source of news with this move.

RPS, publicly apologize and start kissing Molyneux's ass or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Is this post a parody I'm not sure?

I found it funny either way!

Caronte

This is more the equivalent of a director being called a liar for a scene in the trial not being in the final cut of a movie than a politician being asked a tough question.

In this case there's not even a 'final movie' to discuss. That's the problem.

todahawk

20 YEARS OF IT PETER. 20 FUCKING YEARS.

I know... If what he said was truly the case he might get slightly better about making realistic commitments and goals. He's not a rookie, he's an industry veteran and has done the same thing over and over and over again.

The Boat

Massive respect to this guy, Molyneux deserves to be asked these hard hitting questions. He lost the benefit of doubt many moons ago.
I'm sure it'll be hard on him personally to be lambasted like this, but that's what happens when you constantly fail to deliver on promises to the point where they turn into downright lies.

I was referring to "respecting" John Walker instead of Molyneux. It was in that context not in a "he can do whatever" meaning.
Ah I see.

Of course a question like that is implying he is one. Are we taking everything literal now?

You don't ask someone if they are a pathological liar just out of curiosity. It's more of an accusation than a question.

Yeah it's a very loaded question and accusation but he still didn't say "You are a pathological liar." I know I am being way literal with my posts but, only having it in text is kind of a detriment without seeing or hearing a reaction.

Fevaweva

Is this post a parody I'm not sure?

I found it funny either way!

It is a Neogaf meme. So don't worry about the person being serious.

I really enjoyed the article, even if John Walker was a bit hyperbolic in the beginning calling Molyneux a pathological liar.

jpax

I got that reference!

I can't believe that people respect someone that calls a developer a liar and a scam artist for under-delivering on games he made and treats him like the scum of the earth because of it.

The truth is that, even with all the promises, Molyneux created things more meaningful and important to the industry than anything John Walker has ever done. Because calling someone a liar and using third grade rhetorics is easier to do than anything Molyneux has ever done.

Sorry but putting up a kickstarter at an amount they KNEW wouldn't be enough to come good on their promises because of the 'if it doesn't get fully funded you don't get the money' rule is the very definition of a scam.

They are playing fast and loose with other peoples goodwill and money.

It's about time someone call him out on his over-promising and under-delivering.

One of the points some people keep bringing up ‘He doesn’t lie, he just over promises because he is a dreamer’ really annoys me.

In the actual interview he gives an example where he will be at a conference/PR thing and start talking about all these things you can do in a game he is making. The next day he turns up at work and is confronted by his team mates saying “Peter, that isn’t in the game and you have never mentioned that before”.

You cant just keep giving people a pass because they have some childish glee when thinking about something and start to spout nonsense that has no basis in reality.

sensui-tomo

Are you being serious right now? He practically invented an entire genre of game (god games) with Populous. If he'd done nothing else since he'd still be an iconic figure.

Agreed!

was not aware of his Pre-lionhead career, due to being born and unable to play said game at that time, but most of the disdain for me comes from lionhead era and after.

HappyHunting

Neo Member
Given how sensationalized everything that comes out of PM is and the fact that he consistently under-delivers, it's easy to see how it can be construed as lying. Also seeing as how he himself isn't aware of that fact, being called a pathological liar isn't a stretch in the least.

I'm not out for blood but this interview needed to happen. I know kicking someone while they are down isn't right, but neither is swallowing his "lies". He got called out in the interview in the most uncomfortable way possible... again it needed to happen.

iMax

Peter Molyneux summed up:

Peter Molyneux: Well, I think if you talk to anyone, and this is the advice I have given to people about Kickstarter, is to not ask for too much.

RPS: You asked for less money on Kickstarter than you knew you were going to need because you didn’t want to ask for too much money.

Peter Molyneux: No, I didn’t say that.

This has less in common with Paxman and more in common with one of those talk radio hosts who barely let their interviewee get a word in edgeways because they aren't really interested in what they have to say, rather they just want to make themselves look like champions of truth and justice.

I read that interview and just imagined it in John Gaunt's voice.

You can be tough and assertive without being an arsehole.

baconcow

I have been looking for this kind of gaming journalism for a while. Interviewers always seem to sugar coat the bad aspects of development unless it does not directly concern the person they are interviewing or it is something minor.

Heartfyre

I don't agree.

Keep in mind, Peter Molyneux is not just over selling his games. It isn't that his games come up short. He has been doing that for years and we all laugh and move on. Even when he directly lies about a game, such as Fable Journey not being on rails, we still have given him a pass. We've accepted that. However he has started directly screwing with people. Taking money via kickstarter and not delivering backer rewards, holding a contest to meet with someone and change their lives and only to not met with them and giving them a tshirt. This is another level. This didn't call for another soft ball interview.

I don't think the reaction to Molyneux is confined to a Godus bubble. The offense and schadenfreude people are deriving from the Godus situation and this interview is directly related to Molyneux's behavioral history. I would argue that there isn't a big difference in being disappointed in Fable Journey and being disappointed in Godus, but I accept that there's differences. Especially when you consider the amounts that were involved in some of those pledge tiers. However, he is still saying in this interview that he will meet those pledges. The issue seems to be arising in that, because of his history, people don't trust him to deliver on that promise, like so many others. Not to be pedantic, either, but I recall the Eurogamer interview saying that Bryan Henderson did get brought down to 22Cans and that he did meet with Peter Molyneux, and that t-shirt came afterwards.

Nonetheless, I'm not saying that Peter Molyneux didn't deserve a tough interview. He did. However, it's plain that he took the interview as a personal attack on himself. I'm not convinced this was the case, but that's how he interpreted it. Because of that, he was fighting like a cornered animal for the whole time, and it's not a very pleasant thing to see. It's an environment that John Walker created with that first question and he couldn't take it back.

PM always bypasses criticism from "polite" reviewers with emotional appeals and half-apologies. Walker was harsh, but he actually succeeded in getting candid interview with the man.

Well done.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Damn.

Peter Molyneux: Let me just ask you one question. Do you think from the line of questioning you’re giving me, that this industry would be better without me?

RPS: I think the industry would be better without your lying a lot.

Peter Molyneux: I don’t think I lie.

Damn. DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMN.

I don't like Rock.Paper.Shotgun. at all and avoid them like they're a transmitted disease, but I do have to give them props for calling Molyneux out on this.

iMax

This will probably hurt RPS in the long run. PR people will just avoid them when setting up interviews. If they were #1 gaming site it would be different but unfortunately not the case.

In theory, yeah, but that's not how the game works. See, this interview will probably get RPS a lot of attention—hell, their site is already down.

This boosts their influence, reach, and coverage. PR people won't ignore that.

Haunted

You gotta love how after so many years of complaining about corporate ass-kissing in journalism, it turns out we like it that way.
bam

Luckily, I feel the majority of people are in support of honest and direct interviews.

Alienous

This has less in common with Paxman and more in common with one of those talk radio hosts who barely let their interviewee get a word in edgeways because they aren't really interested in what they have to say, rather they just want to make themselves look like champions of truth and justice.

I read that interview and just imagined it in John Gaunt's voice.

You can be tough and assertive without being an arsehole.

He lets Molyneux get way more than a word in edgeways, he's just looking for answers and not bullshit excuses.

Kensuke

The guys in this thread defending Molyneux or saying the interview is too harsh are nuts.

Peter Molyneux is a businessman. He is a millionaire running a company for profit. He took half a million pounds based on promises he couldn't deliver. You guys are incredibly naive if you think he didn't know. He's not a victim. He promised a game that would take 7 moths and now it's almost 3 years later. I get there are delays, but years? People gave him money in good faith, despite all his failed promises of the past, only to repeat his mistakes ten times over. It's only fair that he's taken to task by the likes of Walker.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Such as? What meaningful thing has molyneux done for the industry at all? Besides lying and not getting called out by it by journalists ever in his career.

Oh come on now. Peter might be untrustworthy today but lets not devalue the great games he made in the past. Games like Populous, Dungeon Keeper, and even Black & White are still great games today, all due to him.

I have zero problems with people calling him a liar because he absolutely has misled people as of late, no dispute there, but to say he's never made any contribution to the gaming industry? That's just ignorant.

Kacho

I don't agree.

Keep in mind, Peter Molyneux is not just over selling his games. It isn't that his games come up short. He has been doing that for years and we all laugh and move on. Even when he directly lies about a game, such as Fable Journey not being on rails, we still have given him a pass.

Oh shit, I remember that. He even had the press sign a white board saying the game wasn't on rails. Completely crazy.

Sulik2

Maybe if someone had ripped into Peter and his lies 10 years ago he wouldn't have been able to over promise and scam people on Kickstarter. The interview was brutal and confrontational, but the he deserved it after this many years of failure and lies.

jmood88

Even with the "harsh" questioning, he still managed to get away with not answering anything. I've been a fan of Molyneux in the past but I'm tired of his act. Either something is wrong with him or he's deliberately misleading people.

People calling RPS , especially on the beginning of the interview need to read this :

RPS: My first question wasn’t, ‘Are you a Machiavellian and spiteful liar’, it was ‘Are you a pathological liar?’ It was, do you say stuff that isn’t true without meaning to?

Peter Molyneux: Like anybody that is in the business of creating something that doesn’t exist, I say things that I believe is true, that very often don’t come true and sometimes do come true.

It's actually simple , the tone went up , but that's not really RPS fault here ..i do think it was tense butthere was a bgood chunk of the interview were both were trying to understand the other intent , it wasn't just an "attack on PM"

Top Bottom