• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Waggle-Free Nintendo Wii Appreciation/Collectors Thread

My small contribution to the thread:

wii%20games_zpslycjigmo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
rsz_1wii_console_zpszak4fpew.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

maxcriden

:D

I would buy the Japanese one but the whole appeal of this is the museum feature, besides the extra mini-game stuff.

Totally understand! And heck, hopefully even if it never comes to the eShop I can just become good enough at Japanese to pick up that one, and send you this copy. :)

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Ugh... That Kirby Collection! :(
Oh it's expensive now? I felt like an idiot when I rushed to buy it at launch. Then it sat in stock on store shelves for years... I swear I saw copies at Toys R Us a mere 6-12 months ago.

Guess it finally got there.

Teknoman

Oh it's expensive now? I felt like an idiot when I rushed to buy it at launch. Then it sat in stock on store shelves for years... I swear I saw copies at Toys R Us a mere 6-12 months ago.

Guess it finally got there.

Yeah, I think the Mario all stars disc jumped up pretty fast?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Yeah, I think the Mario all stars disc jumped up pretty fast?
Yeah it was instantly rare on release. Then it was reprinted but more or less kept its value. I guess the recent Nintendo Select 2nd reprint might have augmented it's price, but it lacks the original box and book.

Kirby was MSRP for years... And now it's a little above that. I expect it to keep value indefinitely from here on.

TheMoon

Yeah it was instantly rare on release. Then it was reprinted but more or less kept its value. I guess the recent Nintendo Select 2nd reprint might have augmented it's price, but it lacks the original box and book.

Kirby was MSRP for years... And now it's a little above that. I expect it to keep value indefinitely from here on.

a little above that = $90

Yagami_Sama

Kind of off-topic but, are you guys able to download anything from Wiiware ?

I am trying to download one game, with the last 900 points I had, and the points were deducted, but every time the download is not completed, I got the error code : 204910 and ask me to try again.

This happened with any of you ?

TheMoon

Kind of off-topic but, are you guys able to download anything from Wiiware ?

I am trying to download one game, with the last 900 points I had, and the points were deducted, but every time the download is not completed, I got the error code : 204910 and ask me to try again.

This happened with any of you ?

Wasn't during a maintenance period by any chance?

Yagami_Sama

Try downloading something else, like a demo or one of the free channels.

I did that too, And works like a charm. Demos, Youtube Channel and other free stuff, there is no error. Just the damn game I want to download.

I have no idea why is this happening.

TheMoon

I did that too, And works like a charm. Demos, Youtube Channel and other free stuff, there is no error. Just the damn game I want to download.

I have no idea why is this happening.

just for fun email customer support (and be very specific about what you can and cannot download to avoid the obvious initial responses ["have you tried turning it off and on again"])

Yagami_Sama

just for fun email customer support (and be very specific about what you can and cannot download to avoid the obvious initial responses ["have you tried turning it off and on again"])

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. I'm sorry to hear you're receiving error code 204910 on your Wii console. Unfortunately, we're unable to determine a resolution to the problem via email; however, we ask that you please give us a call so that we can gather additional information and work out the best possible solution.

At your earliest opportunity please contact our Consumer Service Department by calling 1-800-255-3700 any time between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time, seven days a week. In order to speed things along, make sure to have your system with you when you call.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.

I tried, but they don't know how to help by email.

Played some Xenoblade last night for the first time in years on Wii U VC.

I forgot how much I like the quirks of this era's graphics. The fairly low poly models & scenery, low res textures, flat objects in 3D space (all the grass, vegetation), 16-bit color depth, simple lighting and shading... it all comes together for a really nice PS2-era look that recent games just don't have.

I think overall I prefer the way this game looks at 480p as well rather than up-resing; last time I played this was in Dolphin. HD remakes are nice and all but some of the shortcuts taken just stand out way more, the textures need to be higher res or they just look visibly bad, and usually higher res textures clash with the low-poly look... and this is a game that took a lot of shortcuts to pull of what it did on Wii hardware. Plus after playing for like 30 minutes it's pretty easy to forget that it's even 480p, you're just enjoying the game.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Is there any differences between a pal and ntsc Wii? I know ntsc Wii doesnt support rgb, but that can be softmodded in right? Do they output different resolutions or anything like that, or is that all tied to the games? Thanks in advance!

kunonabi

Latest pickups. I had opoona before but I sold it when it became impossible to finish without starting over.

TheMoon

Solid selections here. The Wii is such an underrated system.

It's a shame that it's still just us crazy people in the corner who see that. I wonder when the rest wake up and realize there is a haven of "OMG wacky fresh ideas nobody is doing anymore!" games here to cherish.

Morfeo

It's a shame that it's still just us crazy people in the corner who see that. I wonder when the rest wake up and realize there is a haven of "OMG wacky fresh ideas nobody is doing anymore!" games here to cherish.

The mainstream audience will never wake up to that, they are to busy with the newest "hardcore" fifa or cod to care. Retro enthusiasts like us, probably already know, dont you think?

TheMoon

The mainstream audience will never wake up to that, they are to busy with the newest "hardcore" fifa or cod to care. Retro enthusiasts like us, probably already know, dont you think?

Of course not the mainstream audience, I mean the larger part of the retro nutters of which it feels like we're still an even smaller sub-niche.

Morfeo

Of course not the mainstream audience, I mean the larger part of the retro nutters of which it feels like we're still an even smaller sub-niche.

Yeah, maybe you are right, I at least know that Wii (and DS) are two of the plattforms I own the most games for, and there are still tons more to get!

I started keeping an eye and picking up Wii games once the system started winding down and am pretty happy with where my collection is at. Still a few I'd like to find, but nothing I am too concerned over. Decided to finally take the plunge and rip them all. Snapped a photo as well so a decade from now when some chump thinks they are being smart and is all "oh, yeah, like you really ripped all your own games. Just admit you are a pirate and downloaded them!" I'll have proof. You're on watch, future chumps.

(Don't mind my shitty CRT, just doing some... testing.)

NR1

FYI, Entertainmart in Arlington, TX is clearing their Wii inventory. Most games have been marked down to $4.99. Best time ever to buy for that system. Once inventory is gone, then I expect prices to swing over to the outrageous from now until the end of time.

3415 S Cooper St
Unit 126
Arlington, TX 76015
United States

Top Bottom