• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead - Season 2 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zee-Row

Banned
-Pyromaniac- said:
happened last season, unless you mean this season.
I just remember the horse getting eaten last season and random wild animals. The people in the camp during the attack were just bitten and died.

shane did it for himself if his ego was not involved he would of taken his own life. but he now will look better to lori and his eyes he has a shot at lori putang again hahahahaha....

TOM f'N CRUISE said:
shane did it for himself if his ego was not involved he would of taken his own life. but he now will look better to lori and his eyes he has a shot at lori putang again hahahahaha....
I don't think so, anyone would realize that Otis has no chance in getting away lol. Dude was huffing and puffing like he was about to give out the whole sequence. They'd eat shane then (easily) catch up to Otis.

But of course that's all speculation.

-PXG-

TOM f'N CRUISE said:
Exactly. In order to get to Lori, he has to get to Carl first. He's jealous of Rick. He's been getting cockblocked and denied glory ever since Rick showed up.

He can't kill his friend in cold blood. He's known him too long, plus it would just be bad for the story and way too abrupt. So instead, Shane tries to take what Rick has, little by little, one person, one action at a time.

He does have honor but its in constant conlict with his ego. He's a great character.

Kimosabae

Banned
ThisWreckage said:
Shane is the Gaius Balter (BSG) of this series. He's all about power and self preservation and he will do anything and everything to come out on top.

Seems way too early to make this characterization imo.

-Pyromaniac- said:
I don't think so, anyone would realize that Otis has no chance in getting away lol. Dude was huffing and puffing like he was about to give out the whole sequence. They'd eat shane then (easily) catch up to Otis.

That fat boy got through several situations during the episode I was sure he wasn't going to survive. I think he might have made it.

On a related note, what a relative waste of Pruitt Taylor Vince. Great actor.

Night_Trekker said:
That fat boy got through several situations during the episode I was sure he wasn't going to survive. I think he might have made it.
bottom line is it's a fucked up situation to be in from the get go, who knows what any of us would do in that situation.

I'll tell ya this, I'd try my best not to die.

Alucrid said:
So...did this get better after the first episode then?

Oh yeah.

-Pyromaniac- said:
bottom line is it's a fucked up situation to be in from the get go, who knows what any of us would do in that situation.

I'll tell ya this, I'd try my best not to die.

Indeed. I like to think I would have checked that damn ambulance sitting there in the background before I risked the supply building, but you know...

EYEL1NER said:
As did I. As soon as he showed up alone, I said aloud to my wife,
"Oh shit, he shot Otis and left him to cover his escape!"
But it didn't ruin anything for me. I'm still enjoying the show.

Did the same thing to my gf, and I agree, loved this episode.

womp

Alucrid said:
So...did this get better after the first episode then?

It was the best episode since the series premiere. Last week we barely even got zombies in the entire episode, until the very end.

i love shane and its getting harder and harder to stick up for him with my friends lol. im sure if i wanted to live and get back i would have done the same thing to someone i didnt know.... but i would have killed him though

TOM f'N CRUISE said:
i love shane and its getting harder and harder to stick up for him with my friends lol. im sure if i wanted to live and get back i would have done the same thing to someone i didnt know.... but i would have killed him though
yeah people like you and I have the dignity and integrity and respect to shoot the fat guy in the head before we get away. Let him die without the pain.

-Pyromaniac- said:
yeah people like you and I have the dignity and integrity and respect to shoot the fat guy in the head before we get away. Let him die without the pain.
yup. would suck if the sombies ignore him if hes dead but i doubt that

royalan

Eh. I can imagine Shane thinking that Otis had to be alive, thrashing and screaming to draw the most zombies off of him.

Incredibly fucked up, but I love the show for this moment. It's usually fun to watch zombie flicks and get a scare, but it's moments like this that actually have people talking about what they would do in zombie apocalypse...however unlikely.

Part of the reason why I hope this show NEVER goes the "Hehe! Let's just have FUN with it!" route. Even if we have to stomach a few bad episodes.

Damn, what an amazing episode. I'm prone to hyperbole, but this show is really picking up steam and this is easily one of the top 3 episodes of the show period. Love the pace of the episode. The characters continue to grow with each week.

With shows like this, I have little/no reason to watch movies anymore :)

royalan said:
Eh. I can imagine Shane thinking that Otis had to be alive, thrashing and screaming to draw the most zombies off of him.

Incredibly fucked up, but I love the show for this moment. It's usually fun to watch zombie flicks and get a scare, but it's moments like this that actually have people talking about what they would do in zombie apocalypse...however unlikely.

Part of the reason why I hope this show NEVER goes the "Hehe! Let's just have FUN with it!" route. Even if we have to stomach a few bad episodes.

Thinking about it some more, that sounds right.

WillyFive

Best part was the hanged Zombie.

Otherwise, I'd like the show to be better, more enjoyable. It's a drag when there are no zombies (thanks to boring and unlikable characters), and the zombies randomly running one scene and walking the next ruin those scenes.

-Pyromaniac- said:
That was definitely some coldblooded shit but lets be real. Either both die and Carl probably dies, or Shane pulls some coldblooded shit and he lives and Carl probably lives.

Crazy situation though. He could have at least shot fat dude in the head though lol.

A consequentialist approach for sure. If Shane and Carl dies, then the kid dies. Shane had to make a decision that wasn't considered morally right, but in the end created the greatest amount of happiness with the kid getting the supplies and being saved.

SoilBreak

Banned
TOM f'N CRUISE said:
i need a pic of head shaved shane for my avatar.. i cant find any

found one
53zlh.png

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Great episode and the ending genuinely surprised me. I really, really hope future episodes are more like this.

Zabka

That was great. I'm glad I stuck with this show. Only 55 other shows airing tonight that I have to catch up with now.

Why won't the zombies run when the characters are walking? They ran pretty damn quickly last episode, so they know how move their legs in a quick manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom