• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead: The Game Retail Bundle

Jeels

Considering I already bought the game digitally, I think I'll just buy the Compendium on its own. Great game though, everyone who doesn't have it buy it.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
So I have episode 1 and just beat it, but I want to wait for the disc. Will I be able to transfer my save to the disc version or will I have to play through EP 1 again?

So I have episode 1 and just beat it, but I want to wait for the disc. Will I be able to transfer my save to the disc version or will I have to play through EP 1 again?
I'm highly sure that the download version and the retail version will work together.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Considering how Issue #48 ends, people are going to be HOOKED and picking up the following issues. Haha

Not a great deal. You can get the Compendium for $36 right now, and last year it went on sale for the holidays so I think I paid under $30 for it then. I also got the game for only $20 and I'm willing to bet we'll see a sale on it by the end of the year, especially on PC. $70 seems to expensive when even in the worst case scenario you're paying $60 currently.

MattDoza

Not a great deal. You can get the Compendium for $36 right now, and last year it went on sale for the holidays so I think I paid under $30 for it then. I also got the game for only $20 and I'm willing to bet we'll see a sale on it by the end of the year, especially on PC. $70 seems to expensive when even in the worst case scenario you're paying $60 currently.

I didn't even think of the price. The game, digitally, was just $25. I just instantly recognized it as a $60 retail game.

Is the compendium hardback(if a hardcover even exists)?

Official Images:

Standard version of the game will retail for $29.99

twdcollectors-editiongamestopjpg-fcdc8c_800w-610x356.jpg

twdstandardps3andx360jpg-081414_800w-610x776.jpg

The_Monk

Please come to Europe.

Yes please!

I still did not play this one. I played Back to the Future and was waiting for a good deal on all Episodes, if this comes to Europe with a decent price I might get it. It is a good Collectible for my Collection, that's for sure.

I only bought the first episode, and even though I loved it I haven't gotten around to playing the rest. I'll definitely be picking this up.

If I didn't already own the compendium, I'd definitely be picking up the special edition.

Massa

I don't know if you can do that. This is just from my experience, but I had 1 and 2 for free with PS Plus. My sub ran out, then I bought 3 and 4 last night and it won't let me play 3 or 4. The only thing I can play is the demo version of Episode 1 unless I re-buy 1 and 2 or resub to PS Plus.

I believe you actually only need to buy episode 1, since technically all the other episodes are "DLC" for that one.

Roto13

I'm seriously considering buying this. But why is that box so big?

Also, why is the standard edition so much more expensive than buying the episodes individually or as a season pass (if they're still selling that)? :p
Off topic...but what happens if I skip an episode?

For example, I play episode 1 on steam end up getting episode on my xbox? How does it decide what choices you've made i episode 2?

It autmatically generates past decisions for you if you don't play the previous episodes.

But episodes 2-5 are DLC and episode 1 is the base game, so you can't play any of them without at least owning episode 1.

I'm seriously considering buying this. But why is that box so big?

Also, why is the standard edition so much more expensive than buying the episodes individually or as a season pass (if they're still selling that)? :p

It autmatically generates past decisions for you if you don't play the previous episodes.

But episodes 2-5 are DLC and episode 1 is the base game, so you can't play any of them without at least owning episode 1.

Boxes and 3 page manuals cost money, man.

Triple dip for me. I own it on 360 and PS3 already. Easily in my top 5 games this gen. The story is so engaging. I'll prob pick up the PS3 CE Box.

Eusis

No love for the PC crowd that is the reason you even exist?

Thanks TT. Would have bought this, too.
Maybe they'll offer the goods and a physical copy of the game over their site?

Though physical for PC is on life support at best now. At this point it seems more useful for budget releases to catch the eye of department store shoppers than anything else.

Jay Sosa

Hope no one buys this and they overprint so I can buy this for 20€ a month later (like I did with the Bioshock 2 and the Halo deluxe editions) :D

Of course it's a Gamestop exclusive. smh

oh..boooooooo

Posted by Whitta over in the Unmarked Spoilers thread:

twdcollectors-editiongamestopjpg-fcdc8c_800w-610x356.jpg

Basic game is $30. Compendium by itself at Amazon is $36. Special Edition boxset is $70, and only at GameStop.

Also, there's a second compendium, also $36 right now.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
wow, what an amazing deal.

i already have the compendium but i may plop down some xbox monies i have lying around and try the game out.

Now that's a collector's edition.
For sure. Only sad thing is that they didn't let us buy it up front, waiting for the physical goods once the season is complete.

I have a few graphic novels on the go but the game has been a great marketing tool for the comics. I'm going to read 'em

Ehh, no PC version and it costs too much anyway. Not really in to graphic novels either, so I think I will pass and wait for the PC version to go on sale for $15 again.

Bladenic

Not interested in this package, but how much will the game itself retail for? Is it cheaper to just buy digitally? And does the digital have a Platinum or is that only the retail?

So wait, the comic hasn't yet finished? If so what will happen with the show? How far off the comic's storyline is it as of Season 3?

Top Bottom