• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead: The Game Retail Bundle

Carnby

This is coming out just the day after tomorrow, I can't wait.

I have the collectors edition for the PS3 preordered at GS, and I barely got in getting my order in the day before they cut it off, if not just hours before. There will apparently not be any available to buy in store, and only preorders will be available.

I wish I had ordered two - one to open and one to keep sealed.

I will try to just buy the game somewhere and get the comic elsewhere, but I'm not sure I'll be able to resist opening it. I could see the price on this skyrocketing. They are already going for double the retail price on eBay, so who knows.

Is it true only 10,000 were produced? If so, does that number mean total for both systems or 5,000 for each?

Where did hear there are only 10k copies?

This is a great bundle, but I prefer the standard edition boxart. So much so that i'm just going to get that.

Double dipping after playing through it a few weeks ago. I figured i should own this game physically.

K' Dash

I just finished Ep 2 and God Damn, just the first choices I made are more meaningful than anything I did on Mass Effect, of course you can't compare ME saga scope with this, but with The Walking Dead, I cared, I really cared.

On topic, this is a great bundle, specially if you have to replace your console or don't have any of the HD twins.

Yeah, it actually says here:
http://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead/faq/

That it will randomly generate choices for you.

I think the problem for me most likely is that you have to buy episode one to have "The Game" and the other episodes are considered DLC. I probably (hopefully?) just actually have to buy episode 1. Still, I have saves from 1 and 2 and I own 3 and 4, I SHOULD be able to keep playing. Doesn't really seem fair.

EDIT: People in the Telltale support forums have had similar problems with the whole PS+ thing. Some people had the first two games with PS+, liked the games so much they bought a Season Pass, then when the PS+ expired it STILL changed their game back into a demo and wouldn't let them keep playing. Pretty lame. And this is almost 100% unrelated to the retail release of this game so I'll stop talking about it, haha

This seems like a good place to ask. I am just starting episode 2 on my 360, but it looks like I won't have the HDD space to download the rest of the eps. Can I delete 1 and 2 and download the next ones while using the same save?

Exodus

Banned
Just so all of you guys know, The Tales of Unwritten Stories is also a great adventure game. It's made by The Adventure Company and it has a great story. The characters may not be as lovable as Clem and likable as Lee but the story is fun as well as the puzzles. Check it out if you're into or are interested in adventure games.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Just so all of you guys know, The Tales of Unwritten Stories is also a great adventure game. It's made by The Adventure Company and it has a great story. The characters may not be as lovable as Clem and likable as Lee but the story is fun as well as the puzzles. Check it out if you're into or are interested in adventure games.

Played it this summer and loved it. Came closer to delivering more of a true graphic adventure puzzle experience than anything I have played from Telltale.

That is if you are actually referencing The Book of Unwritten Tales by King Art, not the Adventure Company.

Exodus

Banned
Played it this summer and loved it. Came closer to delivering more of a true graphic adventure puzzle experience than anything I have played from Telltale.

That is if you are actually referencing The Book of Unwritten Tales by King Art, not the Adventure Company.

Oh crap my bad and theadventure company is just a publisher. Anyway it is great! I always get the damned name wrong and i just finished the game not 5 minutes ago.

Downhome

I just finished Ep 2 and God Damn, just the first choices I made are more meaningful than anything I did on Mass Effect, of course you can't compare ME saga scope with this, but with The Walking Dead, I cared, I really cared.

On topic, this is a great bundle, specially if you have to replace your console or don't have any of the HD twins.

I've never played any of the episodes. I can't wait.

Carnby

This is not a console bundle. It is the game and compendium.

Sora_N

Is this GS exclusive? I wanted to buy this, just the regular $30 version, but it's not on Amazon anymore :(

No, I work at TRU (in Canada), we got copies in.

I took a look at the back cover, pretty decent I guess. I forgot to check if there were any bonus features though, since I already own the PSN version. I will probably wait for $19.99 or something if there's no bonus, it was my GOTY so I'd love a physical copy.

Sora_N

Is there anywhere to get this in Canada?

EBGames has it listed on the site, so your local store will likely have some. Also Toys 'R Us stocks a few copies of the game, my store only got 4 copies each for PS3 and Xbox though, no LE.

damn... now I feel stupid for buying them digitally =(

I don't regret the purchase, I enjoyed the suspense of waiting for each episode.

Downhome

The LE isn't available. Was that ever available in Canada? I didn't think so.

The regular edition is now on Amazon.com once again. I just got back from finishing up paying off my PS3 collector's edition.

Hope this comes to the UK, would be very interested in owning a physical copy.

Which makes me wonder....I got up to episode 3 and have ignored 4 and 5 so far (just been busy), maybe I should wait for this then replay from Episode 1, hmm.

~Kinggi~

Banned
What the hell happened to the retail 29.99 console version? So two days ago it was listed by amazon saying release for dec 11th but they didnt know when it would ship. I preordered it and it says they need more time. But now you cant even buy it, only ones listed are 99.99 at other sellers.

Downhome

It comes out tomorrow. The regular PS3 edition is on Amazon again, but the 360 one still isn't. It'll pop back up soon, just check back.

fernoca

I'll jump on this, when we get confirmation that the games run from the disc on PS3.

If it doesn't, I'll just buy the "season pass" for $20.

Nemesis_

Anyone know if this is region locked? I'd much rather import this and have it than play through digital copies.

360 version, btw.

Cloudy

Banned
What the hell happened to the retail 29.99 console version? So two days ago it was listed by amazon saying release for dec 11th but they didnt know when it would ship. I preordered it and it says they need more time. But now you cant even buy it, only ones listed are 99.99 at other sellers.

I see it on both Amazon (not for 360 though) and BB. Held off on playing this because I don't want to encourage episodic games lol. Loved the demo and will get it tomorrow :)

speedline

Banned
Damn, pre ordered the PS3 regular version from Amazon and it looks like it is shipping late. May just go pick it up at BB and cancel Amazon order. This is supposed to be a Christmas gift for my wife.

I thought the safe bug was related to files being deleted/replaced when updating with the newest episode? At least that's what the problem was on the Steam version.

So this should be safe.

Nope, there are different save bugs ;-)

I'd be tempted to get the retail version if the save glitches are gone (and I seriously doubt that), but that would encourage Telltale to continue with their embarrassing patch support.

Downhome

I just placed a quick order at my local Best Buy for in store pick up as soon as I saw that the option was available now, and used a $5 rewards coupon on it as well. You don't even have the option to have it shipped to you anymore. If any of you are interested in this game, even the regular version, I highly recommend picking it up today or at least ASAP. This could be gone quick, and who knows if they print more for something like this.

IrishNinja

ive got that compendium in the original slipcase, and still havent gotten through ep 1 on ps3...but that's a great deal nonetheless, and a good collection compared to so many other dull LE's

The comic and the TV show follow different storylines. The comic is epic and awesome, the TV show sucks balls.

I don't watch the show but the comic is actually a ceaseless parade of outrageously grim plot (and it's in a zombie apocalypse so that's saying something) and astonishingly clumsy dialogue. I somehow made it to the mid-80s before my reading legs gave out.

mokeyjoe

Glad there's a disc version coming. I bought the first episode but never got to the end. Would be a good game to pick on the cheap down the line, when I'm in the adventuring mood.

Downhome

I just went back to see if I could do in store pick up again, and nope, not available anymore. I can add it to my cart for in store pick up, but unlike last time when It was listed as available for almost every store listed, it is now unavailable at every single store except for one (including the one I put my order in at). This applies for both the PS3 and 360 version. I tried it with the highest quantity allowed of 3 and then tried it with just 1, and I got the same results - unavailable at all but one store in my area now just a very short while after ordering mine and them being available at most stores.

Top Bottom