• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead: The Game Retail Bundle

bumclot

I have actually held off playing this game despite the positive impressions because the show is so dreadful. I was hoping S3 would be better but nope same boring ass show. Hearing the game isn't like that makes me really intrigued.

I'm not a huge fan of the show myself, it can be so slow sometimes, but judging an entire season based on the first episode...c'mon.

Roto13

So wait, the comic hasn't yet finished? If so what will happen with the show? How far off the comic's storyline is it as of Season 3?

Issue 103 just came out and the Prison arc starts in issue 12. :p How the TV show will follow the comic is anyone's guess. The last season was basically based on a six-issue arc of the comic, which explains why it was so slow. The Prison arc is like 36+ issues long. We'll see how they manage to work that into a TV show season. Maybe they'll split it into two.

I'm not a huge fan of the show myself, it can be so slow sometimes, but judging an entire season based on the first episode...c'mon.

Especially since it was a good episode and the opposite of the slow-ass pace of the second season.

Torraz

One of the most interesting and engaging stories we've ever had in gaming. For those that haven't been playing the episodes as they've rolled out, I'd suggest getting the retail release for sure.

I'll definately check it out. Haven't played a single of these games.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
that's definitely a convenient bundle. Will keep an eye on it, expecially since games seem of good quality

The Walking Dead Collector's Edition for PlayStation 3
7NEg6.jpg

The Walking Dead Collector's Edition for Xbox 360

zlatko

Banned
Missed out on the 12 dollar deal during Black Friday, so this is relevant to my interests.

Please tell me there is a PC version of this bundle too. Or is there much of a reason to go for PC version of this game over the 360/PS3?

Carnby

Missed out on the 12 dollar deal during Black Friday, so this is relevant to my interests.

Please tell me there is a PC version of this bundle too. Or is there much of a reason to go for PC version of this game over the 360/PS3?

PC version is a Best Buy exclusive. There is no collectors edition for the PC.

border

I'm kinda miffed that I missed out on the 360 bundle. :( It was available just a couple days ago too!

Anybody know if it's still possible to pre-order in stores?

I want to get the standard disc version of this but it is $30 whereas the 5 episodes (at 400MS points each) is $5 cheaper. Aren't compilations like this usually cheaper? What's the deal?

dummydecoy

First 48 comics? So the story is incomplete and you'd have to buy the rest? What's the point? I don't want to start another collection. :p

Archurro

First season had flashes of brilliance. Season 2 was awful until the last episode which i didnt fall asleep half way into. First ep of this season is surprise! Boring. Which is quite a feat when your dealing w/ zombies and a
maximum security prison.
The season has gotten much better, it's definitely worth watching now.

daemissary

I know they won't but man do I wish they'd let this compilation have a full new achievement/trophy list.

Then at least I wouldn't feel like I'm completely wasting my money when I inevitably cave and double dip.

speedline

Banned
Quick question, is this a good game for people who traditionally don't play too many games? My wife is a huge zombie and Walking Dead fanatic and has all the comics already, so I'm thinking about buying her the regular disc edition for PS3. The thing is she doesn't like playing games that require too much focus or constant action. So would this game suit her ok? Is it more like Heavy Rain, Dreamfall, Indigo Prophecy type of gameplay?

Another question, is the PS3 and 360 versions pretty much exactly the same or is one superior to the other?

waypoetic

Banned
I doubt the CE will release here in Scandinavia. One can hope, but, right now i just want to get a hold of some info telling me that there is a release for the game in our neck o' the woods.

FStop7

Banned
I've been warned against the 360 version due to performance issues.

I think I'll get the PC version plus the compendium from Amazon after Xmas.

daemissary

I've been warned against the 360 version due to performance issues.

I think I'll get the PC version plus the compendium from Amazon after Xmas.

Really? I swear that I heard that the issue with your saves not carrying over between episodes was more prevalent on the PC.

I've been playing on 360 and I've only had one issue the entire series. The frame rate dropped for around 30 seconds in episode 3 and it was fine the rest of the time.

Maybe I'm just lucky though.

Quick question, is this a good game for people who traditionally don't play too many games? My wife is a huge zombie and Walking Dead fanatic and has all the comics already, so I'm thinking about buying her the regular disc edition for PS3. The thing is she doesn't like playing games that require too much focus or constant action. So would this game suit her ok? Is it more like Heavy Rain, Dreamfall, Indigo Prophecy type of gameplay?

Another question, is the PS3 and 360 versions pretty much exactly the same or is one superior to the other?

I'd say the game sounds perfect for her it is kind of like heavy rain in some ways

AzaK

I really want to play this bit I'm not hot on Desktop gaming and it only supports iPad 2. I have an iPhone 5 but I imagine playing on that would be awful??

Downhome

This is coming out just the day after tomorrow, I can't wait.

I have the collectors edition for the PS3 preordered at GS, and I barely got in getting my order in the day before they cut it off, if not just hours before. There will apparently not be any available to buy in store, and only preorders will be available.

I wish I had ordered two - one to open and one to keep sealed.

I will try to just buy the game somewhere and get the comic elsewhere, but I'm not sure I'll be able to resist opening it. I could see the price on this skyrocketing. They are already going for double the retail price on eBay, so who knows.

Is it true only 10,000 were produced? If so, does that number mean total for both systems or 5,000 for each?

Top Bottom