• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walt Disney community thread: the Man, the Mouse, and their legacy.

I bought the first ticket a few months in advance for Friday the 14th, then I found out about a month ago that they're going to have a Kingdom Hearts presentation on Sunday so I ended up caving and buying a second badge. I'm really hoping that it's about the same size as any other con or expo, and also that I find some cool Kingdom Hearts/Haunted Mansion merchandise.

Yeah, I'm kind of expecting a mad rush the first hour or two but then it calms down once the initial lines disappear.

Anjin M

Why do I keep checking the new Disneyland app even though I'm stuck at work? Why do I have to know what the wait is for Space Mountain? It's not like I'm going to skip work and drive an hour just because the queue for Radiator Springs gets a little more reasonable. I have a sickness.

The map is pretty cute, though.

Christopher

Why do I keep checking the new Disneyland app even though I'm stuck at work? Why do I have to know what the wait is for Space Mountain? It's not like I'm going to skip work and drive an hour just because the queue for Radiator Springs gets a little more reasonable. I have a sickness.

Sounds quite sick

zeemumu

I do that all the time. It's usually before I decide to go so I can gauge the crowd levels

I do this occasionally too, and I live over 6 hours away from Disneyland. There's no reason for it, except to feel like you're almost apart of it for a second.

I also do it for Disneyworld occasionally...That's on the opposite side of the country for me.

Anjin M

I do this occasionally too, and I live over 6 hours away from Disneyland. There's no reason for it, except to feel like you're almost apart of it for a second.

I also do it for Disneyworld occasionally...That's on the opposite side of the country for me.

I came very close to downloading the Disney World app. But I didn't want to torture myself since I've never been.

Posting what I posted in thetheme parks thread as this is more disney stuff.

Some small video tours with an imagineer of shangai disneyland in the D23 expo.
Tomorrowland
Tangled Fantasyland
Treasure cove

They also made Geroge Lucas, Johny Depp and Danny Elfman Disney Legends.
I can understand, a little, Geroge Lucas. But fucking Johny Depp? It gives a bad name to all who actually did real work for disney. And Danny Elfman? I like the guy but he is not actually known for doing music for disney, like the Shermans or X Atencio. Why the fuck hasnt Giacchino be a Disney Legend before this guy?

In a more positive note:
Full summary of the animation panel at D23.
http://www.insidethemagic.net/2015/08/d23-expo-2015-disney-animation-studios-and-pixar-wow-fans-with-epic-3-hour-presentation-of-upcoming-films/
Some of this movies sound fantastic. Really suprised at Gigantic becuase its a movie based on my homecountry Spain (although none of the images showed tell you that, in fact, the clothes are more northenr european than spanish). Really intrigued by that. Also strange that being about giants they preferred the Discovery Age instead of Don Quixote type of Spain.
Zootopia looks amazing becuase its a buddy cop movie. Really impressed by the city landscapes as its not a usual thing in animal movies. I think Moana would work better as a 2D movie (the concpet art shown was the majority 2d and when you saw the 3d human models you are pretty meh in comparison). They say Coco is basically Grim Fandango (maybe he has a cameo?) and Toy Story 4 is super strange because Bo Beep is dead in Toy Story 3. Maybe this is between Toy Story 2 and 3 and we already know this story is going to end with tears.

Sad theres no Incredibles 2 mention, but I hope its at least shown in next years D23.

My initial thought was that Toy Story 4 will take place between 2 and 3 as well but John Lasseter said during the presentation that "Woody and Buzz will be looking for Bo Peep", which I guess doesn't officially confirm anything, but it sounds like a sequel to 4.

D23 is a biannual event so I was really hoping for at least some Incredibles concept art to confirm how much time has passed since the first movie.

zeemumu

My initial thought was that Toy Story 4 will take place between 2 and 3 as well but John Lasseter said during the presentation that "Woody and Buzz will be looking for Bo Peep", which I guess doesn't officially confirm anything, but it sounds like a sequel to 4.

D23 is a biannual event so I was really hoping for at least some Incredibles concept art to confirm how much time has passed since the first movie.

I'm skipping out on today and going again tomorrow just for the Disney Interactive panel. I'll have to leave even earlier this time.

I think they are preventing any line ups before 7 so hopefully it's easier tomorrow. Apparently showing up 5 hours early wasn't enough to guarantee a spot for the live action stuff.

So I barely managed to get into the live-action panel this morning. It was a little disappointing that not much was shown compared the the animation stuff but I guess that's to be expected since a lot of these movies are still in early production. Civil War was exciting but I feel like the trailer wasn't all that good. Alice is just so meh. Jungle Book was probably the most exciting trailer they showed. Aside from the Finest Hour I think those are the only full trailers shown. There was some production shots of Beauty and the Beast which looks to be shaping up quite nicely. Live-action Disney isn't something I care too much for but this and Jungle Book show promise.

Oh and a teaser for Petes Dragon which didn't really show much.

So there's been a lot of news.

It's hard to get excited for something that we probably won't see in effect for over 5 years, but a Star Wars land and Toy Story Land are both amazing ideas. The concept art for both is pretty dazzling, but we'll have to see how it turns out in practice. After seeing Cars Land, I think they can certainly pull something even more impressive off.

zeemumu

So I barely managed to get into the live-action panel this morning. It was a little disappointing that not much was shown compared the the animation stuff but I guess that's to be expected since a lot of these movies are still in early production. Civil War was exciting but I feel like the trailer wasn't all that good. Alice is just so meh. Jungle Book was probably the most exciting trailer they showed. Aside from the Finest Hour I think those are the only full trailers shown. There was some production shots of Beauty and the Beast which looks to be shaping up quite nicely. Live-action Disney isn't something I care too much for but this and Jungle Book show promise.

Oh and a teaser for Petes Dragon which didn't really show much.

Wait, wait...a Petes Dragon teaser?

I spent most of my time on the show floor. I did get into the Disney Interactive panel though

Zalman

Someone really needs to update the OP. I love coming back to this thread just to see all the Disney movies lined up like that.

zeemumu

It was shown during the live action panel.

That's amazing. I was aware of the other stuff shown at that panel but for some reason this one flew under my radar.

What mechandise did you end up picking up from the show floor? Outside of the stuff that they gave away at the Disney Interactive panel I got some pins as gifts for friends and a book detailing the development stages and background of the Haunted Mansion, which happens to be my favorite ride in the park. I've read through it several times already and it covers the mansions from all of the parks.

Anjin M

So there's been a lot of news.

It's hard to get excited for something that we probably won't see in effect for over 5 years, but a Star Wars land and Toy Story Land are both amazing ideas. The concept art for both is pretty dazzling, but we'll have to see how it turns out in practice. After seeing Cars Land, I think they can certainly pull something even more impressive off.

I was absolutely floored the first time I stepped in to Cars Land. I still can't believe how good that area looks and feels. If they can capture that same magic for the announced lands, it will be amazing.

That's amazing. I was aware of the other stuff shown at that panel but for some reason this one flew under my radar.

What mechandise did you end up picking up from the show floor? Outside of the stuff that they gave away at the Disney Interactive panel I got some pins as gifts for friends and a book detailing the development stages and background of the Haunted Mansion, which happens to be my favorite ride in the park. I've read through it several times already and it covers the mansions from all of the parks.
I picked up an expo shirt at the dream store and an imagineering hoodie and sketch book from the Glendale store. I got the Jungle Book and Force Awakens posters from the live action panel along with the stuff from the interactive panel.

zeemumu

I picked up an expo shirt at the dream store and an imagineering hoodie and sketch book from the Glendale store. I got the Jungle Book and Force Awakens posters from the live action panel.

I don't think the wait at the Glendale store was worth it unless you were going for the pins.

Saladinoo

Hmm. Wonder why Kuzco, Kronk and Yzma are meet and greet characters only in Disneyland Paris. >_>

Love them both! Donald's my fav of the main hang, and Winnie-the-Pooh is just awesome.

Thanks man! Still haven't opened the Winnie ones yet... I don't ever want to get dirt on them ever.

golem

Went to the AP appreciation event last night at Disneyland, finally got to be the rebel spy on Star Tours! That almost seems tougher than RNGing a Jellyhorn!

Bam

Banned
Hey all!

New member and excited to find a Disney community topic!

Disney Infinity has sparked my love, along with all the Star Wars HYPE!
I have somehow managed to keep myself away from Disney Infinity. Starting to get really tempted with everything I've seen of 3.0 so far

BumRush

Taking my 13 month old to Disney World for the first time soon. My wife and I haven't been in 4 years, either, so we're pumped. Anything new we cannot miss?

Taking my 13 month old to Disney World for the first time soon. My wife and I haven't been in 4 years, either, so we're pumped. Anything new we cannot miss?
New Fantasyland. Be Our Guest is a great place for food if you're looking for a nice meal. The castle hub is redone. There's supposed to be a new Jungle Cruise restaurant opening within the next month or two. There's Test Track 2.0. Some people like the old one better. It had a better overall premise, but the new theme is kinda neat. There's a lot of new restaurants in Downtown if you like doing that sort of thing. It's not new but if you're going before mid-November there is the Food & Wine festival happening. You're gonna have to familiarize yourself with the new fastpass+ system. A lot of Hollwood Studios is stripped down in anticipation for Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land. Animal Kingdom has been pretty much the same for a while until Avatar Land and the new nighttime shows.

SmithnCo

This Holiday will be the last for Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Hollywood Studios

:(

This is very sad news, one of my very best memories at WDW was when my Mom, sister and her bf flew down to see me and we spent an awesome day at then called MGM Studios, with a Magical performance of the dancing lights.

Shame something like this has to go to make room for Star Wars and Toy Story Land =/

Oh man. That was always my favorite Christmas event at any of the parks...

Well, one can hope they'll do something cool in Star Wars land around the holidays when they get that up.

This Holiday will be the last for Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Hollywood Studios

This is very sad news, one of my very best memories at WDW was when my Mom, sister and her bf flew down to see me and we spent an awesome day at then called MGM Studios, with a Magical performance of the dancing lights.

Shame something like this has to go to make room for Star Wars and Toy Story Land =/
That's a bummer. The story behind the lights has always been the cool part about it and seeing it live on was great. Perhaps it'll find a new home.

Somnia

This has been on my list to see for ages and now I won't be able to ever see it :(

I'm going Oct 10-17th, but it's too early. So sad.

muteki

On one hand, it is nice to see some signs of things actually moving at DHS, but on the other, this means I will never see them. I missed the lights of winter at Epcot too. Oh well.

zeemumu

I had a dream that I gave away the Kingdom Hearts King Mickey Disney Infinity disc that they gave out after the Disney Interactive panel. I don't even play Disney Infinity but there's no chance in hell that I'd give that away.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Got an extra night for our trip in November. It's a "Food and Wine, Christmas Party, Osborne Lights" trip. I've never seen them, so I'll get to see them for the first (and last time) on this trip!

TEJ

Disney is making a sequel to mary poppins.

This is one sequel without a doubt should not be made, mostly out of respect towards p.l travers who from what I know, hated the original.

In more positive news I ordered a custom disney iphone case. One guess as to which movie it's from. I also finally ordered big hero 6 on blu ray.

The jungle book la remake has potential but i'm still not sure about it.

I haven't seen inside out but plan on buying the blu ray. The good dinosaur will be seen in theaters.

Top Bottom