• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
Just to know, beside this picture, what did you learned tonight ?

I clearly hinted toward a modification of the padlet since a few months now, and the guy basically said "look what we just go", a confirmation of my sayings, stating foreign studios didn't have the modified padlet version, just knew of some modifications.

It's partially "vouch" for me i guess, but i need to have a summary of what you've learned please

HylianTom

Banned
The little square, it's where Reggie hides!

upTLE.jpg

I can hear him now, coaching me as I play the next Zelda game.. "What's wrong with you?! Flip him over and hit his weak spot for massive damage!"

I clearly hinted toward a modification of the padlet since a few months now, and the guy basically said "look what we just go", a confirmation of my sayings, stating foreign studios didn't have the modified padlet version, just knew of some modifications.

It's partially "vouch" for me i guess, but i need to have a summary of what you've learned please

I learned to not fuck with Nintendo's NDA.

Holy shit at lightning fast Nintendo ninjas.

I feel sorry for the guy, but he really does deserve to get fired. Really, really stupid mistake. I mean come on. Haha, I bet the guy didn't even realize that there were changes to the damn thing. He figured what would be wrong with showing a controller Nintendo already revealed a year ago? Tsk tsk. Those of us who enjoy our jobs must take note from his sad mistake.

It was for a greater good. But of course, we will remember the leak and not the person behind it, haha :)

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my, entered the thread in the right second!

any idea whats that square button between power and battery is supossed to be?

and there is another square under the d-pad.....

.....hmmmmm....

square.....

...dear god!
Technically, that's a superellipse and not a square, but nevermind. The button left to the Power button appears different to the one below the D-pad. Only the first appears to be explicitly clickable, the second looks more like a symbol. It might be the photo angle that does it.

Perhaps they are for quickly changing from a TV to the Wii U Remote or vice versa. The positioning (at least for the button next to the Power button) makes sense for that.

Little square button on the right MIGHT be a sync button,

Little square under the d-pad is most likely the "PUT NFC STUFF HERE" place (Since putting it on the screen would be... risky... scratches, etc...)

Light at the Home Button most likely an indicator for notifications, messages, etc...

May use 3DS/DSI charching cable

Thats what t got from the image!

Bagu

This man...
This MATTY B00SH.
Though his body may parish, his spirit lives on.
It resides in those who dare...
Dare to call themselves,
Heroes.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
I might be on the verge of a meltdown here, so I'll just walk away as soon as I posted this.

I HATE this controller. It's like Nintendo stripped out all the nuances of their past controllers to make an otherwise generic controller with a screen on it. This is definitely revised to cater to the FPS crowd... but I have no desire at all to play a FPS on that thing and I won't buy any FPS that doesn't offer Wii Remote controls. The most infuriating aspect is that all these changes imply that the emphasis for FPS will be on the controller and pointer controls will be ignored. This is moving backwards.

I might be on the verge of a meltdown here, so I'll just walk away as soon as I posted this.

I HATE this controller. It's like Nintendo stripped out all the nuances of their past controllers to make an otherwise generic controller with a screen on it. This is definitely revised to cater to the FPS crowd... but I have no desire at all to play a FPS on that thing and I won't buy any FPS that doesn't offer Wii Remote controls. The most infuriating aspect is that all these changes imply that the emphasis for FPS will be on the controller and pointer controls will be ignored. This is moving backwards.

This is what the industry wants though.
It won't stop interesting things from being done with the controller, though.
It has enough bells and whistles to justify button placements.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
So this is actually what you wanted "leak"? I guessed as much :) Thats what you get for holding back, if it is what you wanted to let out ;)

One of the thing

lherre can prove i'm right

here's what i sent to him, 1 MONTH ago

Private Message: I have new infos to confirm :)
Recipients: lherre
IdeaMan
(04-17-2012, 04:02 PM)
Fwd

I have new infos to confirm :)
Hey lherre, how are you ? Still busy with your development ?

I have some new infos to confirm and talk with you if you don't mind.

The "mass production" dev kits are available to be ordered by studios (my source will receive them soon, i guess it's the "v5" or final dev kits ?).

BLANK (please lherre do not say it lol)

There are changes made in the DRC, in button placements, and the sticks will be "bigger"

BLANK

NeoRausch

About the square button: screen on/off?

about the d-pad square: totally a new version of vitality sensor! Feel reggie confirmed!

also: those are Classic Controller Sticks! They even got the yellow tint going on!

DrWong

I'm not that worried. As long as devs are putting local multiplayer modes in their games, then they will have to include Wiimote IR pointing.
Indeed.

We're getting info stating two Upads will work in the other thread.
Nnnnggg... Hope it will be confirmed.

It's a nightmare or what ? 1 day before revealing a part of this
Dépêche-toi de balancer, je sens que les fuites vont se multiplier ;]

Now you have to react. Drop ze bomb.

I'm not too keen on the size, but that's about it. The change to sticks is definitely welcome, imo.

Let me ask you guys, what are the chances do you think that this isn't even the last major change to the form factor we'll see?

Anth0ny

Square theory: hold your finger over it for 3 seconds, and whatever is on the TV screen transfers to the controller screen. Nice and convenient.

"It's time to watch baseball!"

"okay"

*holds button for 3 seconds*

Done and done.

One of the thing

lherre can prove i'm right

here's what i sent to him, 1 MONTH ago

I seriously wanted to PM you 2 weeks ago when you first mentioned that you have something thread worthy to leak. I wanted to tell you that it may be best to leak asap this close to E3 because 2-3 weeks before E3, leaks usually start to happen, even for Nintendo. But being a former gaming jorurnalist, you shuld have known better, actually!

I hope you learned your lesson ;)

dwu8991

Banned
I'm not too keen on the size, but that's about it. The change to sticks is definitely welcome, imo.

Let me ask you guys, what are the chances do you think that this isn't even the last major change to the form factor we'll see?

nintendo's betting more people will play gaming on the wii u screen than on a hdtv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom