• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izick

75% dont hate Nintendo, in fact, Nintendo likely has the largest fan base here. It's just that to super hard core nintendo fanboys, any criticism is seen as hate.

If Nintendo announced the use of friend codes on the WiiU and someone made a thread about it. To these guys 90% of the thread would be "Nintendo haters".

That's true about any of the big three, or at least it used to be. Most people just don't give a shit about MS anymore because how much they've shown they don't give a shit about core gamers, and Sony lost a lot of people who were hardcore fans with all the rocky stuff that the PS3 went through, but you see, and this is coming from someone who never bought a Wii, DS, or 3DS, Nintendo is gaming to a lot of people, even to core gamers that know there's more out there. Nintendo is that name that has always been there, at least since things really started to pick up for gaming, and it's just a very reliable, solid company. I'm sure they lost fans with the Wii, but they still are Nintendo at the end of the day.

With that being said, I think people really need to understand that criticizing something is fine, as long as the concerns or criticisms are valid. No company should be bullet-proof, or infallible, not even Nintendo. Same goes for Apple fans, because a lot of them are the same way. Everything could be better in some way, and a lot of time, shit just isn't right.

AzaK

Well, bgassassin did say that, based on his consultation with IM (and Iherre, I believe), 2GBs was a safe bet. I'm still not clear on weather ~0.5GBs is what we can expect the OS to take up, though. You'll have to ask IM and Iherre about that one. :p

When did BG change his tune as I always thought he was expecting 1.5GB?

These Ideaman rhubarbs are getting old. I don't get why so many of you invest in his posting.

When-To-Harvest-Rhubarb.jpg

Kokonoe

Banned
I know it's cliche but the Wii faltering late in it's cycle and the 3DS launch mishap really are positves for the Wii U.

Just think if everything went smoothly with what I just mentioned.

Stagnation and complacency.

We'd probably get a fucking Waluigi centered game at launch and stupid hot air balloon simulation.

Wii U has the chance to write all the wrongs. I kinda am glad it was a let down in a way, at least that means if they make Star Fox or FZero it wouldn't be another Gamecube+ title.

I'm very interested in the Wii U's online functionality. Now while I'm not very interested in a touchscreen controller, at least it's a controller and no motion controls. I was all for motion controls and partially enjoyed them for the first year or two, but it grew old to the point I don't even want to deal with them again until they are extremely polished.

The biggest thing for me though, is that I want Wii U games in 1080p. If they deliver that, they most likely will have me down as a customer.

J-Rock

Banned
This. See John Harker's drive by bomb when he simply said: 'the thumb sticks are now clickable.'

Bam. One sentence of pure, unfiltered awesome sauce that we now know revealed two huge details weeks in advance: that we had analog click obviously, and that the sliders were upgraded to actual sticks and all in one brief sentence. It's this type of valuable and exclusive information that makes my GAF membership all the more worthwhile.

Now last week IdeaMan gets scooped by the controller pic being leaked by the TT tester because he spent a long time teasing 'something updated about the controller' but waited too long. Oops.

Now after weeks of saying he was going to post a thread regarding some 'very disirable' piece of info as soon as he becomes a member he now says he's going to wait until thread six kicks off or later in the week?

And all the drama posts about 'Oh, I have fun posting this way, this is my style, everyone's attacking me.' And his defense that dropping info right away would water down the "quality" of his posts is rediculous. If he really has info and really is enthusiastic about posting, there's no reason he couldn't drop an info bomb and THEN have fun dissecting the info with us.

I know iherre confirmed him and he has released a few nice tid bits but at this point it's tiresome straining through all the static and no wonder people continue to question him.

Why did you even post this? Nobody is going to pay attention to it. Besides, John Harker<Ideaman.

Terrell

75% dont hate Nintendo, in fact, Nintendo likely has the largest fan base here. It's just that to super hard core nintendo fanboys, any criticism is seen as hate.

If Nintendo announced the use of friend codes on the WiiU and someone made a thread about it. To these guys 90% of the thread would be "Nintendo haters".

Since I've been taken to task on this, I will remind of the discussion had in another thread on this same issue.

I don't dispute that friend codes aren't 100% ideal, despite how my opinion on the subject has been painted, but the online system could be 100% perfect OTHER than friend codes, and it would still be written off because "LOL friend codes", and anyone who doesn't understand what the problem is with them if the rest of the service is great have been labeled "apologists".
No, they're not perfect, but neither are gamertags and their static nature. But because I sucked it up and decided to take whatever positives can be gained from a friend code system since I know I can't change that they are implemented, I'm an "apologist".

I disagree that most people are "Nintendo haters" around here, but I will agree that GAF LOVES jumping on hate bandwagons, even if it doesn't make sense to do so or they only slightly agree with the reason for the abject hatred.

Ryoku

When did BG change his tune as I always thought he was expecting 1.5GB?

I believe that the 2GB being a safe bet came from the suggestion from a member on here suggesting that the devkits contained 2.5-3GB of RAM or something like that (devkits contain more RAM for debugging purposes and whatnot, leading to 2GB not being a crazy guess).

Lego City, Lego City Stories, Lego City Undercover - Haven't we seen all three names? Lego City Undercover could be the newest one as it appeared last November.

Do we uncover anything new aside from this potential new name?

I kinda like Lego City Stories more, but Lego City Undercover works too I guess.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
The Bungie contract basically confirms that their new game "Destiny" has a slim-to-none chance of ever coming to Wii-U.

So does anyone here think that a year of NO INFO was a smart move by Nintendo? Or a dumb one?

Not sure, it's a gamble.

E3 has to be really good or it will piss off a lot of people.

Not necessarily be a dealbreaker to all but they have to know that they have a lot of pressure to come through.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
There are over a 1,000 post for me to catch up on in on here. Shit.

Redford

aka Cabbie
The Bungie contract basically confirms that their new game "Destiny" has a slim-to-none chance of ever coming to Wii-U.

Could you explain? If PS3, why not Wii U?

Never had it, but always sounded good. What does it taste similar to?

Nothing really, it's a patchy tart and sweet. :p (alright, done thread shitting)

So does anyone here think that a year of NO INFO was a smart move by Nintendo? Or a dumb one?

They had no choice, with all the tweaks they've ended up making, apparently.

Most media blowouts don't age well. E3's do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom