• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.
meh I don't mind....

Yeah, me either. It's all about passion
3AQmK.gif

snesfreak

Banned
Talking about time travel now?
I'd go back to 2007, get a webcam and have it recording the day my Wii was stolen.
Then when my fucking piece of shit landlord steals my Wii I'd show the video to the police and nail his ass.

ffdgh

Talking about time travel now?
I'd go back to 2007, get a webcam and have it recording the day my Wii was stolen.
Then when my fucking piece of shit landlord steals my Wii I'd show the video to the police and nail his ass.

wait what (s)he did? that sucks.

snesfreak

Banned
wait what (s)he did? that sucks.
Yep.
Came into my apartment when I was at work, without telling me.
Which in North Carolina, is COMPLETELY FUCKING LEGAL.
He changed his story like 5 times, and tried to blame my brother.
It was so fucking obvious that it was him, he was there the day it was stolen.
And the door was locked when I came home.
*still bitter*

Huh? Right about what?

I think ColdBlooder earlier speculated that the square under the d-pad is a place for NFC devices to be placed.

How many posts do we have left until the speculation thread is up?

New one's ready. I even had time to make it slightly less terrible looking. I guess I'm waiting until 199xx before unleashing the horror upon the world.

Incidentally, I nominate Nibel for Thread Seven if it comes to that. If we post like we've posted since Friday from here on in, then it should actually happen, just.

Oh, and that other guy… Conor something? He really wanted to do VI, so he should be championed at some point.

HylianTom

Banned
Huh? Right about what?
The small area below the d-pad is going to function as the designated "Place NFC Item Here" spot, rather than the uPad screen itself (as shown in the Rayman Legends trailer).

Many folks seem happy with this development, as careless manipulation of objects near the uPad screen could result in scratching.

(this was confirmed by IdeaMan earlier this evening)

I think ColdBlooder earlier speculated that the square under the d-pad is a place for NFC devices to be placed.

Exactly. Vitality sensor is dead people ;) Would be too far away to be a small trackpad for like turning motions (L&R digital triggers on top are better suited for this aswell)

The mystery button on the other hand. I don´t have a clue. Could be anything...

EDIT: I got it... Its the Next Gen button. When you press it. WiiU will suddenly be 10x more powerful ;)

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
more or less 150.

Well yeah, but gameplaywhore said it would be up before 20,000 posts, so I was just wondering what post number we need get to before he decides to finally put Spec thread 6 up.

Trying to figure out if I will b up or not when he posts it...:::

Well yeah, but gameplaywhore said it would be up before 20,000 posts, so I was just wondering what post number we need get to before he decides to finally put Spec thread 6 up.

Trying to figure out if I will b up or not when he posts it...:::

Yeah, what's up with that guy? He's driving us crazy with his lazy butt attitude to thread creation!

Izick

I still like:

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: 6 Degrees of Agitation, Speculation, and Crispy Bacon

It summarizes these threads, and it commemorates our fallen poster.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
The Wii Speculation Thread VI: This Thread is Community Property

qq more

Six Seasons and a Burnt Pork

Alternatively: Six Threads and a Burnt Pork

I mean come on, think about it. 3 references in one!

1) Community TV Series reference meanwhile we're being moved to the community forum.
2) We're on the sixth thread
3) RIP Burnt Pork

Exactly. Vitality sensor is dead people ;) Would be too far away to be a small trackpad for like turning motions (L&R digital triggers on top are better suited for this aswell)

The mystery button on the other hand. I don´t have a clue. Could be anything...

EDIT: I got it... Its the Next Gen button. When you press it. WiiU will suddenly be 10x more powerful ;)

Nintendo doesn't just do next generation, they start a new generation. New ideas, new technologies for gaming, and new styles. Leave the predictable, copy cat "next gen" to MS and Sony.

Roo

Is this the first time Nintendo is releasing a next gen console first?
I'm talking about home consoles, not handhelds :p

Terrell

Is this the first time Nintendo is releasing a next gen console first?
I'm talking about home consoles, not handhelds :p

Actually, yes, it is.

Maybe it's the "win" button. Nintendo has been holding that in reserves for quite some time now.

Nah, it's the button that activates the money-printing feature. They forgot to include it on the 3DS and had to include it in a firmware update with Mario Kart and Mario 3D Land. They won't make THAT mistake again.

What is that? I thought the "win button" referred to when the game just played itself or popped out in in-game guide that basically hand-held players to victory or success.

Apparently, it also refers to the biggest brightest button, such as the A on the GC controller. Probably because that's the button usually mapped to the main action in a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom