• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriGen

I think going for a gruff badass soldier probably isn't the best move though. It's typical, but it also fails to differentiate a spin-off from everything else. It's easy to pigeon hole the mass market for loving these kinds of characters, because they do, but the failure of clone games indicates people are more attached to familiar franchises versus everything being the same.

BioShock's character was neither of those things, and Infinite's isn't either.

As far as MC go, I have wondered recently if the MC has to be a human. You could make a Metroid type game, and have the MC be some type of other life-form, to differentiate yourself from the "tough, save the world person" image that every game goes for now and days.

When I thought about it though it got me realizing how most big games, even ones that focus on other "creatures", the MC is almost always human, and it made wonder if that's important, or a coincidence. In games like, ME, GoW, Infamous, Bioshock, Halo, most FPS etc, the MC is almost always a human, and I was wondering is that because it gives the player some extra emotional attachment that is necessary, or would those games have done just as well with some sort of mascot MC?

As far as MC go, I have wondered recently if the MC has to be a human. You could make a Metroid type game, and have the MC be some type of other life-form, to differentiate yourself from the "tough, save the world person" image that every game goes for now and days.

When I thought about it though it got me realizing how most big games, even ones that focus on other "creatures", the MC is almost always human, and it made wonder if that's important, or a coincidence. In games like, ME, GoW, Infamous, Bioshock, Halo, most FPS etc, the MC is almost always a human, and I was wondering is that because it gives the player some some extra emotional attachment that is necessary, or would those games have done just as well with some sort of mascot MC?

It's because the majority of people that will buy those games are nearly incapable of creative thinking and really cannot associate with something other than a badass idealistic image of themselves.

Also: I hope Retro isn't making a Starfox game, particularly an Adventures. That series needs a rest from full-price titles.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Going to see it today.

Hope I don't regret choosing not to see it in 3D.

I won't know which is better until I see it in 2D, but my 3D experience was great. But (as you probably already know) Avengers was a conversion and most people recommend 2D so you should be good.

I just love 3D lol.

Edit: @ tkscz you might want edit that, but I agree. :)

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
Some creations made with Colors! are just incredible, considering the limitations of the 3DS (rather small touchscreen).

Here's the app Gallery

We'll see outstanding art created on Colors! Wii U

The controller could become a real affordable Wacom-like graphic tablet with an integrated screen.

Nintendo must take advantage of this feature and promote it accordingly to reach an audience not necessarily attracted by real gaming experiences through classic titles, think of the very young, the artists-in-their-heart adults who express their talent in colored pictures, etc. Big N acknowledged this potential as we saw the drawing of a Link in the E3 2011 presentation video, let's hope the implementation of such possibilities (through different apps available on NiN ? Mario Paint ? pre-installed Paint ?).

And there could be applications for more targeted-for-gamer content, like customizing your car by designing the stickers art applied on it in the future realistic racing title, pimping the outfits of your character in a RPG by adding some patterns on them, drawing coat of arms on your shield, etc.

tkscz

I won't know which is better until I see it in 2D, but my 3D experience was great. But (as you probably already know) Avengers was a conversion and most people recommend 2D so you should be good.

I just love 3D lol.

Edit: @ tkscz you might want edit that, but I agree. :)

I put it in spoiler tags. Sorry, still over hyped about that and i saw it Friday night. Also saw it in 3D and was disappointed really. The Spider-Man trailer used the 3D better than Avengers. Only time the 3D was good is when anything CG was on screen or inside Tony's helmet.

What exactly puts Halo up there with Half-life? To me Halo was a mediocre FPS with a multiplayer that people loved. It's single player didn't change anything in the FPS genre and took a step back from what Rare did with Goldeneye/Perfect dark.

It was a wonderful game that combined ideas from the PC and put them in one, accessible package. A more cinematic storytelling, intelligent varied enemy AI, two-weapon system, rechargable health, heavy emphasis on balanced fun vehicle combat, larger more open environments to transverse and engage in the various encounters, etc. Halo was a hugely popular shooter that influence could be felt in practically every console shooter following it.

Wow, you have quite the negative view of Star Fox.

I'd say I have a realistic view on the IP. Regardless of how much I enjoyed SF64 and even SFA, I realized very early that the IP and basic premise is not really fit for a real franchise with multiple installments.

The only real thing you can do with this IP is to rerelease SF64 over and over again, maybe an HD remake or a sequle following the structure of SF64 to the point, but I don't see any chance of the IP getting anywhere. I'd also think that other studios (Treasure) would be much more suited at the kind of arcadey mission design that would be required to build upon the only good SF game SF64.

The reason why I see it Retro wasting their talent with it, is that the visual design and the main characters are so fugly in SF that it would pain me to see a team like Retro, who have some of the best artist in the industry on their payroll would have to waste their time and talent on an IP who's visual language is pretty much crap to begin with.

I mean we saw what they were able to do with the Metroid Universe, but that design lend itself to a more serious and detailed approach, while Starfox seems like a dead end in that regard.

I'm still convinced that Retro could make a good SF game but it's really the last game I would want them to do.

It was a wonderful game that combined ideas from the PC and put them in one, accessible package. A more cinematic storytelling, intelligent varied enemy AI, two-weapon system, rechargable health, heavy emphasis on balanced fun vehicle combat, larger more open environments to transverse and engage in the various encounters, etc. Halo was a hugely popular shooter that influence could be felt in practically every console shooter following it.

I consider the bolded a blight on shooter design.

Also: Half-Life 1 was doing better enemy AI before Halo.

Sadist

I can't believe we are only a month away.

Guys/Gals, if you haven't already, get out and see the Avengers while the theaters are still packed. It is an experience like none-other, and I just wish that Nintendo's Press Conference will having me smiling that stupid looking, ear to ear grin that Avengers had me doing during most of the viewing.
Stop reminding me. :(

This would be my worst case scenario. Starfox should just die. And that IP would be a waste of talent.

I'd rather have them work on another Brain Training game than on an IP that is about as worthless and dead as Startropics.

Why would it be a waste of talent? The franchise is dead because it has been left to die, but i still think it has some potential. Also from a fans perspective i don't care if the franchise is dead so long as we end up getting a good game.

I'd say I have a realistic view on the IP. Regardless of how much I enjoyed SF64 and even SFA, I realized very early that the IP and basic premise is not really fit for a real franchise with multiple installments.

The only real thing you can do with this IP is to rerelease SF64 over and over again, maybe an HD remake or a sequle following the structure of SF64 to the point, but I don't see any chance of the IP getting anywhere. I'd also think that other studios (Treasure) would be much more suited at the kind of arcadey mission design that would be required to build upon the only good SF game SF64.

The reason why I see it Retro wasting their talent with it, is that the visual design and the main characters are so fugly in SF that it would pain me to see a team like Retro, who have some of the best artist in the industry on their payroll would have to waste their time and talent on an IP who's visual language is pretty much crap to begin with.

I mean we saw what they were able to do with the Metroid Universe, but that design lend itself to a more serious and detailed approach, while Starfox seems like a dead end in that regard.

I'm still convinced that Retro could make a good SF game but it's really the last game I would want them to do.

I think this is very short sighted. I think they could do a lot with the franchise.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I put it in spoiler tags. Sorry, still over hyped about that and i saw it Friday night. Also saw it in 3D and was disappointed really. The Spider-Man trailer used the 3D better than Avengers. Only time the 3D was good is when anything CG was on screen or inside Tony's helmet.

Yeah well Spider-man was always going to be better in 3D because it was filmed for that. That trailer in 3D was pretty great. The Avengers really didn't have anything mind-blowing but I thought the layers added to the movie and the above that you mentioned was well worth the $3 IMO. But yeah I can see why most recommend a 2D viewing.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member

When I thought about it though it got me realizing how most big games, even ones that focus on other "creatures", the MC is almost always human, and it made wonder if that's important, or a coincidence. In games like, ME, GoW, Infamous, Bioshock, Halo, most FPS etc, the MC is almost always a human, and I was wondering is that because it gives the player some some extra emotional attachment that is necessary, or would those games have done just as well with some sort of mascot MC?
Interesting remarks on this, I actually thought about something similar yesterday when watching some footage from Shadow of the Beast (Amiga version). In the game, you play as a human(oid) that has been corrupted through magic into some kind of monster (looks like a hybrid of a bat and a human). Now, it's not an alien or something considering its base, but it's something else than the frequent appearances of human protagonists in action games. Such a thing could very well pave way for an interesting story in modern times; the 2003 PlayStation 2 game Primal did this fairly well.

If Shadow of the Beast could make a good return to modern platforms I don't know. Much like Rygar and Turrican it is well suited for a side scrolling environment and to turn it into a 3D adventure could perhaps ruin that very special feeling you get when playing it. Though Retro Studios (with much help from Nintendo) pulled of Metroid Prime, so it could work for Shadow of the Beast as well. Oh, and speaking about Turrican, shame that Thornado never materialized... unless that is what Retro Studios is working on.

Oddduck

I also find it funny how Rareware did ONE Adventure game and nobody thinks a good Star Fox third person adventure game could work because of one game.

If you put the right team behind it, a Star Fox 3rd person adventure game could work. But it needs a good team behind it.

You could make the gameplay similar to Star Wars Shadow of the Empire.

Some creations made with Colors! are just incredible, considering the limitations of the 3DS (rather small touchscreen).

Here's the app Gallery

The controller could become a real affordable Wacom-like graphic tablet with an integrated screen.

Nintendo must take advantage of this feature and promote it accordingly to reach an audience not necessarily attracted by real gaming experiences through classic titles, think of the very young, the artists-in-their-heart adults who express their talent in colored pictures, etc. Big N acknowledged this potential as we saw the drawing of a Link in the E3 2011 presentation video, let's hope the implementation of such possibilities (through different apps available on NiN ? Mario Paint ? already present in the OS/UI Paint ?).

And there could be applications for more gamers content, like customizing your car by designing the stickers art applied on it in the future realistic racing title, pimping the outfits of your character in a RPG by adding some patterns on them, drawing coat of arms on your shield, etc.

It would be a cheap alternative, but it would never compete with Wacoms tech, as even my old ass Intuos 3 has a few hundred levels of pressure recognition and about 5000 dpi accuracy on an A4 pad. Also I don't expect Nintendo or any other manufacturer to compare in terms of build quality and support with Wacom.
They could simulate brush thickness or hue with the circlepads. Or release a specific pressure sensitive stylus that has it's own power supply (battery)

But given the prices of Wacom tablets, the WiiU pad is an amazing alternative that I am very much looking forward to. Given how Colors 3D is trending to be my most played App in both total time and times played, a Colors HD for WiiU would be an instant buy for me. Also given how allready Colors 3D is handling community features, a WiiU version would be a lot better allready.
And like I said, they would simply need a specialized stylus and it would be a full blown drawing tablet.^^

Why would it be a waste of talent? The franchise is dead because it has been left to die, but i still think it has some potential. Also from a fans perspective i don't care if the franchise is dead so long as we end up getting a good game.

I think this is very short sighted. I think they could do a lot with the franchise.

Enlighten me then. A new Spaceship shooter? If so, how would they make a new version better in terms of gameplay than SF64? So far Nintendo has made it very clear how much they think the franchise is worth, and what kind of quality they are willing to put out.

SF64 is a freak among mediocre to bad games. I simply fail to see how a game whos visual design language is about as sophisticated as any Power Ranger series, would be a good fit for a company that excells at design.
And even if they were able to somehow make Starfox into something that's not embarassing to look at, why not just make something else?

For me Starfox is one of Nintendos weakest franchises, and that's why I think that it is a waste of talent for one of Nintendos best teams.

BurntPork

Banned

Here's the app Gallery

Nintendo must take advantage of this feature and promote it accordingly to reach an audience not necessarily attracted by real gaming experiences through classic titles, think of the very young, the artists-in-their-heart adults who express their talent in colored pictures, etc. Big N acknowledged this potential as we saw the drawing of a Link in the E3 2011 presentation video, let's hope the implementation of such possibilities (through different apps available on NiN ? Mario Paint ? pre-installed Paint ?).

And there could be applications for more targeted-for-gamer content, like customizing your car by designing the stickers art applied on it in the future realistic racing title, pimping the outfits of your character in a RPG by adding some patterns on them, drawing coat of arms on your shield, etc.

IdeaMan just leaked Colors! for Wii U! Someone call Kotaku.

tkscz

It was a wonderful game that combined ideas from the PC and put them in one, accessible package.

Can't argue that it tried to put a lot into it, but accessible and wonderful are the subjective parts there. I just can't agree with those.

A more cinematic storytelling,
Except for JRPGs, I don't play games for cinematic story telling.

intelligent varied enemy AI,
Perfect Dark did that already.

two-weapon system, rechargable health,
I consider these bad. Also Halo didn't have rechargable health, but a rechargable shield, if the shield was down and you lost health, it didn't recharge.

heavy emphasis on balanced fun vehicle combat,
The vhiechles handled like crap, especially the warthog. Fun they were not.

larger more open environments to transverse and engage in the various encounters,
Larger and open, yes, but the way the missions were set up, you mostly had to head in one direction anyway, getting little reward/incentive to even travel around the open environment. I felt that the way missions are set up in Perfect Dark is much better and in some levels, provided freedom on what order you did those missions and rewarded players who traveled throw the open levels (the snow level was huge and traveling through it got you extra weapons and a vehicle).

etc. Halo was a hugely popular shooter that influence could be felt in practically every console shooter following it.

Again, this can be negative or positive, and for me, it's negative.

JaseMath

I also find it funny how Rareware did ONE Adventure game and nobody thinks a good Star Fox third person adventure game could work because of one game.

If you put the right team behind it, a Star Fox 3rd person adventure game could work. But it needs a good team behind it.

You could make the gameplay similar to Star Wars Shadow of the Empire.
Games like SFA adventures and SotE bother me only because it seems like they have an identity crisis. Those games aren't bad, but I think when games stick mostly to a single genre instead of trying to provide a jack-of-all-trades experience, they're so much better.

usmanusb

I don't think they will go for totally new stuff as its risky at this stage to sell.

Well there is another possibility besides starfox. They could end up doing eternal darkness 2 as skill sets are there.

But again they may be looking at doing things which must be multi-players online stuff and must sell well, which could only be done either using metroid (like metroid hunters on DS) or Starfox (combination of adventure and shooter). It ends up on their strategy. and currently they are seems to be aggressive on doing online multiplayer stuff. If they go on metroid route, we could get after an year or so with metroid hd trilogy (after launch Nintendo only support it for few months may b they were planning for it to be HD).

I had this conversation with Nirolak, about what Retro could make that would attract a strong Western audience, and we did come to somewhat of a conclusion that Metroid Prime is pretty much that. It just came about at the wrong time, and skimped on a few presentation choices.

Something like BioShock is an excellent example of a non-Gears/Call of Duty game that appeals very strongly to the mass market. It's a game that hooked many new gamers this generation. If you look at how Prime operates, they're alarmingly similar. The use similar concepts and similar thematics to draw the player into the experience. Only Prime came about last generation, and on a system struggling to sell in the West. A lot of what made BioShock so appealing (excellent graphical presentation, audio recording, proper dual analogue controls, etc) wasn't available.

Whereas now it is. Funnily enough, a Wii U Metroid Prime similarly paced to the other Prime games, with production values to match modern titles, could do a pretty good job of hooking your typical Western gamer, without losing credibility or core formula. Even on a thematical level, Prime and Metroid in general stems close enough to 'grown up' than 'kids' without being obnoxious about it. Metroid can be quite scary, tense and mysterious while still be Metroid, and these kinds of things will appeal to older gamers.

In a hypothetical alternate universe where the Metroid Prime series never happened, if the Wii U was shown off with the Metroid Prime we know, only with modern graphical presentation and control standards, Nintendo would probably earn a lot of positive attention.

My god thats EXACTLY what I was thinking when I played the first Bioshock,,,I kept telling myself "wow this is the Metroid we never got"

and I totally agree with Metroid Prime timing, but also I blame Nintendo for their fail attempt at marketing the Prime series to the audience,, < 5 mill copy sold world wide is NOT enough and they should've done more from a marketing perspective

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
It would be a cheap alternative, but it would never compete with Wacoms tech, as even my old ass Intuos 3 has a few hundred levels of pressure recognition and about 5000 dpi accuracy on an A4 pad. Also I don't expect Nintendo or any other manufacturer to compare in terms of build quality and support with Wacom.
They could simulate brush thickness or hue with the circlepads. Or release a specific pressure sensitive stylus that has it's own power supply (battery)

But given the prices of Wacom tablets, the WiiU pad is an amazing alternative that I am very much looking forward to. Given how Colors 3D is trending to be my most played App in both total time and times played, a Colors HD for WiiU would be an instant buy for me. Also given how allready Colors 3D is handling community features, a WiiU version would be a lot better allready.
And like I said, they would simply need a specialized stylus and it would be a full blown drawing tablet.^^

Yeah this is what i wrote in my message, of course it can't compete with real graphical tablets, but it will be a cheap & efficient-enough-to-"casual"-drawing alternative.

Do you have some arts that you made on Colors 3D to show us ? :)

Yeah, some people think that way, for whatever reason.

Also: Wolfenstein was shooting things with guns before Half-Life 1.

Nice strawman, does it come with a hat?

In my opinion, Halo did its thing well, those mechanics worked in the game just fine, and overall it is indeed an enjoyable shooter, but is not nearly as revolutionary as the zealotry of its fanbase believes it to be. As somebody that actually played Wolfenstein 3D and Doom when they were the new hotness, it's particularly disheartening to see a majority of fps design throughout the years go from toybox style gameplay in intricately designed levels to attrition against health regen in linear corridors.

But this is an old argument, and OT at that, so I shall refrain from it further.

Meh, I don't like it :mad:

That's fine. Opinions and all that jazz. Just thought I'd try to explain why Halo: CE is considered a classic game by so many people, like your original question asked.

Nice strawman, does it come with a hat?

Halo did it's thing well, those mechanics worked in the game just fine, and overall it is indeed an enjoyable shooter, but is not nearly as revolutionary as the zealotry of its fanbase believes it to be. As somebody that actually played Wolfenstein 3D and Doom when they were the new hotness, it's particularly disheartening to see a majority of fps design throughout the years go from toybox style gameplay in intricately designed levels to attrition against health regen in linear corridors.

But this is an old argument, and OT at that, so I shall refrain from it further.

It is an old argument, definitely. Thank you for sparing us from hearing it all again.

Yeah this is what i wrote on my message, of course it can't compete with real graphical tablets, but it will be a cheap & efficient-enough-to-"casual"-drawing alternative.

Do you have some arts that yo made on Colors 3D to show to us ? :)

I have some, but I'm still a beginner when it comes to colouring. My main training is with drawing (pen and ink) so Colors 3D is a perfect tool to learn colouring.

My Gallery

This is my most current one (from those I uploaded, I don't upload my sketches and nudes)

_118345.jpg

Still my favorite though:

_92241.jpg

The only thing that I miss is the pressure sensitive functionality I'm used to with my Intuos 3 and some more brush options, but other than that, Colors 3D is incredible value for it's price.

Of course WiiU can´t compete with far more expensive professional solutions. Its a game console after all. But it will be enough for the casual that wants to draw Pikachu
getting is behind pounded by Waluigi

Given the amazing stuff that some people (and many GAF members) are doing with Colors 3D on the tiny 3DS touch screen, the stuff that should be possible on the WiiU tablet would allready be a lot better. (let alone that it could support much higher resolutions.

Of course WiiU can´t compete with far more expensive professional solutions. Its a game console after all. But it will be enough for the casual that wants to draw Pikachu
getting is behind pounded by Waluigi

Also I stand by a previous post I made saying that StarFox needs a whole new reboot from a Western developer and I think Bioware can make the series into this epic WRPG .

Here's the app Gallery

well I think it would be stupid from Nintendo not to include social network sharing as a base for their Network and thats what will determine if we might see such apps coming to the system. at this time and age, those apps wont be noticed unless u see ur friend sharing them on facebook or twitter and something like instgram where it can be used between 3DS and WiiU would make alot of sense.

TriGen

Rösti;37606931 said:
Interesting remarks on this, I actually thought about something similar yesterday when watching some footage from Shadow of the Beast (Amiga version). In the game, you play as a human(oid) that has been corrupted through magic into some kind of monster (looks like a hybrid of a bat and a human). Now, it's not an alien or something considering its base, but it's something else than the frequent appearances of human protagonists in action games. Such a thing could very well pave way for an interesting story in modern times; the 2003 PlayStation 2 game Primal did this fairly well.

If Shadow of the Beast could make a good return to modern platforms I don't know. Much like Rygar and Turrican it is well suited for a side scrolling environment and to turn it into a 3D adventure could perhaps ruin that very special feeling you get when playing it. Though Retro Studios (with much help from Nintendo) pulled of Metroid Prime, so it could work for Shadow of the Beast as well. Oh, and speaking about Turrican, shame that Thornado never materialized... unless that is what Retro Studios is working on.

Yeah, I do feel that it would be a great idea to make a modern time game, built like popular games today, but to get away from the human MC leading everything.

I'm just not sure how successful it would be, as I said I don't really know why most big games seem to be lead by a human MC, as far as how important that was to the games sales numbers, but if it's important to a lot of consumers to play as a human then it would suck to lose sales, for a game that had great game-play, level design, art, etc, just because of the way the MC looked, making it safer to just base a game off a human.

Nintendo is just the company to do something like this though, because they have a lot of franchises with different looking characters (Kirby), but you would hate to put a lot into a game then as I said have it flop because people feel the need to play as other people.

It is interesting to think about, but I guess we'll never actually know how important the MC species was to a games success, if Halo's online and game-play was the same but Master Chief looked like some weird creature, or animal, would it of still been huge? It's impossible to ever know for sure, I suppose.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
I have some, but I'm still a beginner when it comes to colouring. My main training is with drawing (pen and ink) so Colors 3D is a perfect tool to learn colouring.

My Gallery

The only thing that I miss is the pressure sensitive functionality I'm used to with my Intuos 3 and some more brush options, but other than that, Colors 3D is incredible value for it's price.

It amazes me how we can draw things like that (and some from your gallery are really good) with the 3DS. The results will be even more impressive on Colors! Wii U with the comfortable & higher resolution & granted of other improvements padlet screen + the additional features of the new app version.

tkscz

Also I stand by a previous post I made saying that StarFox needs a whole new reboot from a Western developer and I think Bioware can make the series into this epic WRPG.

Ok, what was wrong with StarFox Assault? I mean, I loved the game. The controls took a lot of getting use to and it was short, but for what it is, it's pretty good. If a dev tried to take the Assault gameplay, and iron out the wrinkles in it, then it would make an amazing TPS.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
well I think it would be stupid from Nintendo not to include social network sharing as a base for their Network and thats what will determine if we might see such apps coming to the system. at this time and age, those apps wont be noticed unless u see ur friend sharing them on facebook or twitter and something like instgram where it can be used between 3DS and WiiU would make alot of sense.

It will be the case, it's certain.

It amazes me how we can draw things like that (and some from your gallery are impressive) with the 3DS. I can imagine how the results will be even more impressive in the comfortable & more efficient padlet screen + improved Colors! version with additional features.

Yeah. The 3DS touchsreen is more like a little sketchbooklet while the WiiU is big enough for a vastly more comfortable drawing experience. Also the absence of the ridiculously high bezel around the 3DS touchscreen will improve comfortability allready.

volpone

Banned
btw Headstrong Games (studio behind Battalion Wars 1,2 and one of Kuju various studios) are listing that they are working on AAA titles ,,,their only experience is with Wii/GCN ?? maybe WiiU title?

the other Studio "Vetra" worked on SH:downpour and listing "Vatra is currently working on two unannounced titles for one of the industry’s top publishers"

Some pretty keen observations here. Considering their past collaborations with Nintendo a Wii U project might be in the works. Although I'd hazard a guess that a 3DS title may be more likely due to less risk and their smaller size as a developer (Headstrong at least). Perhaps something similar to Nintendo's arrangement with Next Level Games with EAD providing art assets and input while the grunt work is outsourced. With Intelligent Systems busy on other projects maybe Kuju are working on an Advance Wars title.

BlackJace

I really wish Square Enix got onboard with the Wii U. A new Crystal Chronicles, Dissidia, or even a mainline title would show a lot of people what's up.

tkscz

My Gallery

tumblr_lnvvueuSsj1qcj56b.png

Dude your coloring (No I will not add the u, no offense or anything) is amazing. I wish I could color like that, I'm more of a line artist and not even that good at that.

Ok, what was wrong with StarFox Assault? I mean, I loved the game. The controls took a lot of getting use to and it was short, but for what it is, it's pretty good. If a dev tried to take the Assault gameplay, and iron out the wrinkles in it, then it would make an amazing TPS.

I loved Assault !! but I still have a special place for SF64 in my heart, what I'm suggesting is a whole reboot that make the series go mainstream ala Mass Effect,Dark Souls kinda of thing,, although those games are completely new entries, StarFox has the bases to grow into such bigger franchise but with Nintendo touches :)

I can´t shake the feeling that most "flamewars" after the Nintendo conference won´t be about the graphics (There will be wars about it but not the majority)

Nintendo seems to focus ALOT on the online aspect of the WiiU. I mean... Nintendo games DAY 1 availability on the eShop? Thats enormous.

Most flamewars may just be "NiN will NEVER be as good as XBL, because duh!!! Its NINTENDO!!! And Microsoft is GAWD of online!!!"

Watch it happen!

tkscz

I loved Assault !! but I still have a special place for SF64 in my heart, what I'm suggesting is a whole reboot that make the series go mainstream ala Mass Effect,Dark Souls kinda of thing,, although those games are completely new entries, StarFox has the bases to grow into such bigger franchise but with Nintendo touches :)

While that does sound good I would still like a StarFox game that takes what assault did, and make it better. The idea of an open battle field, and hoping into to an arwing at anytime sounds so awesome. Just make the worlds bigger and more believable, make so that there is more than just fox battling (and actual battle field), and fix the controls.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
Yeah. The 3DS touchsreen is more like a little sketchbooklet while the WiiU is big enough for a vastly more comfortable drawing experience. Also the absence of the ridiculously high bezel around the 3DS touchscreen will improve comfortability allready.

Seriously, i'm hypnotized by the function to see all the steps leading to the final result.

It's just huge, especially for tutorial matters, you can learn a lot by witnessing how the guy drew the beautiful art you admire on the gallery.

And it will be even simpler on Wii U, you could reproduce (if the author allows it) the picture by following each traits on the padlet screen.

On a larger perspective regarding this subject, i talked about that with Orioto before, i explained him a possible use of the NFC, and then described the equivalent of a Nintendo deviantart, it could be amazing and gather a large community, sharing its creations, ideas, tips & advises, with contests/prizes, etc.

And some games will be designed with this "Nintendo Social Paint" in mind, people would integrate these drawings on painting frames left blank to customize the scenery of an adventure game castle for example.

Man, that's it, my Idea Time fevers :(

I wonder. Any advantage would seem to be temporary, since the competition would surely respond if consumers start biting. And while $500 Xbox versus $300 Wii U might not look great, $200+monthly Xbox versus FREE+monthly Wii U could seem even worse.

Didn't Miyamoto once say that he wished he could give away the hardware or sell it real cheap? I doubt they would do a free + monthly, but I could definitely see a $49 + monthly. But since Nintendo more than likely won't charge for online, I wonder what else they could offer that would add value to the payment since MS seems to be planning to do that.

BurntPork

Banned

TriGen

I can´t shake the feeling that most "flamewars" after the Nintendo conference won´t be about the graphics (There will be wars about it but not the majority)

Nintendo seems to focus ALOT on the online aspect of the WiiU. I mean... Nintendo games DAY 1 availability on the eShop? Thats enormous.

Most flamewars may just be "NiN will NEVER be as good as XBL, because duh!!! Its NINTENDO!!! And Microsoft is GAWD of online!!!"

Watch it happen!

Oh yeah, most people don't believe Nintendo can do online, they haven't done it on a large scale before so I will be really interested to see what they say about it this E3. This is actually the reason why I said yesterday that Nintendo should make an online spin-off game of one of their big franchises, ala LoZ Four Swords for Wii U.

They need to show people their confident in themselves so attaching one of your big franchises names on a game that will be played mostly online, would show people that confidence. Third-parties are gonna make the big online games, that's for sure, but having a few online heavy exclusive games will get peoples attention. HowDragon Quest runs will be big for Nintendo as well, if the Nintendo Network can handle an MMO, then it should be fine.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
Didn't Miyamoto once say that he wished he could give away the hardware or sell it real cheap? I doubt they would do a free + monthly, but I could definitely see a $49 + monthly. But since Nintendo more than likely won't charge for online, I wonder what else they could offer that would add value to the payment since MS seems to be planning to do that.

A Kirby Channel with 24:7:365 runs of the animated series episodes, OBVIOUSLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom