• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeliard

Castor Krieg said:
The beginning of Chapter 2 is more or less the same, with different characters. Also, in Iorveth path
Prince Stennis survives and manages to reach Vergen

Haha.

That spoiler is comical considering what ended up happening to him in my game.

Darklord

Banned
Did my chapter 1 ending bug?
I chose to help Vernon. Iorveth was arrested and put on the ship to go to Drackenborg. After killing the town boss guy(forgot his name), saved the pregnant elf and went outside Vernon tells me he was held up. It then flashback to Vernon fighting Iorveth, Vernon winning but had to flee before getting to kill Iorveth. What?? The fuck happened to him on the boat being sent to the non-human prison?

matmanx1

Seriously awesome to see some of the more minor characters from the books in this game.
Yarpen!
was a big and pleasant surprise and his character is presented in a great way. I grinned when I saw him and his buddies in the bar.

Complistic

Which reminds me, where is the preorder bonus stuff for the steam version? Typically they put that stuff in a "bonus" folder in the game directory but it's not there.

sflufan

Banned
Complistic said:
Which reminds me, where is the preorder bonus stuff for the steam version? Typically they put that stuff in a "bonus" folder in the game directory but it's not there.

Look in the "Tools" section.

Complistic

Darklord said:
I chose to help Vernon. Iorveth was arrested and put on the ship to go to Drackenborg. After killing the town boss guy(forgot his name), saved the pregnant elf and went outside Vernon tells me he was held up. It then flashback to Vernon fighting Iorveth, Vernon winning but had to flee before getting to kill Iorveth. What?? The fuck happened to him on the boat being sent to the non-human prison?
The scoiatel bailed him out i assume.

Minsc

Gold Member
witcher2 2011-05-21 21-37-20-81.jpg

Looking through my screenshots is a real treat in this game, I can't believe how much the texture work to this game walks all over everything else I've played. The detail in the robes is incredible, down to the individual stitches.

witcher2 2011-05-22 13-45-32-80.jpg

And almost every character's outfit is equally detailed, even if there is the occasional clipping problem.

Darklord said:
You're confusing two different elf characters.

Darklord

Banned
MickeyKnox said:
You're confusing two different elf characters.

I don't think so. Who am I getting mixed up?
I thought just before I faced Lethos the blue stripes can in, I smashed Iroveth and knocked him down. He was the arrested and I mad to make my choice of saving him from drackenborg or help Vernon. What other elf was there?

Varna

Darklord said:
I don't think so. Who am I getting mixed up?
I thought just before I faced Lethos the blue stripes can in, I smashed Iroveth and knocked him down. He was the arrested and I mad to make my choice of saving him from drackenborg or help Vernon. What other elf was there?

Slight alternate path spoiler
If you side with the non-humans you help him escape. It's not too farfetched that he is escaped with someone else helping him

Max

I am not Max
Minsc said:
IMG]http://www.31012.com/images/games/11/witcher2 2011-05-21 21-37-20-81.jpg[/IMG]

Looking through my screenshots is a real treat in this game, I can't believe how much the texture work to this game walks all over everything else I've played. The detail in the robes is incredible, down to the individual stitches.

IMG]http://www.31012.com/images/games/11/witcher2 2011-05-22 13-45-32-80.jpg[/IMG]

And almost every character's outfit is equally detailed, even if there is the occasional clipping problem.
I want my computer to run it like this :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This game is getting ridiculously good.

And my new armor is so god damn good looking,pictures doesn't make it justice!

witcher22011-05-2603-05ppz.png

Yoshichan said:
This game is getting ridiculously good.

And my new armor is so god damn good looking, Imgur pictures doesn't make it justice!

http://i.imgur.com/V9ikX.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Whats the name of that armor? Also which path did you get it? (Roche or Ivorth)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
DualShadow said:
Whats the name of that armor? Also which path did you get it? (Roche or Ivorth)
Ivor.
Name of it is Thyssen's Armor

Yoshichan

I'm completely stuck on the mission "Hunting Magic"
"Find the Place of Power which Cecil mentioned". I walk out of the northern gate and continue my way, I can see where my destination is (it's on a cliff) but I can't reach it at all! It's near the water... how do I go there :(?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Yoshichan said:
I'm completely stuck on the mission "Hunting Magic"
"Find the Place of Power which Cecil mentioned". I walk out of the northern gate and continue my way, I can see where my destination is (it's on a cliff) but I can't reach it at all! It's near the water... how do I go there :(?

On the other side of water. there's a ramp up where the harpies appear. Go up there, and then leap frog along the rocks to get to the tower.

Does anyone know if the loot changes depending on the difficulty setting? Does exp gained changed? Anything like that?

Starting my second play through tonight and just curious, thanks!

Yoshichan

thetrin said:
On the other side of water. there's a ramp up where the harpies appear. Go up there, and then leap frog along the rocks to get to the tower.
Found it! How the hell did I manage to run around this place for 30 minutes and not find it ._.? Thank you so much!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Just bought the game, i'm surprised at how well it runs in the prologue, especially compared to, say chapter 5 of Witcher 1 with the city on fire where the game framerate were shit.

Questions though :

1) Any way to turn on text above stuff you can search like boxes or plants? It was really useful in Witcher 1.

2) How does combat work? Is it still click once and wait for some symbol to show up before clicking again or do i just spam my left and right click according to my targets? Also, no more group style attacks? I know that left click is for quick, weak attacks, and right click is for slow, strong attacks, but nothing for groups like Witcher 1?

It kinda sucks to play Witcher 2 right after Witcher 1 when you got so used to its gameplay, now i get all confused ha.

Salaadin

Bisnic said:
Just bought the game, i'm surprised at how well it runs in the prologue, especially compared to, say chapter 5 of Witcher 1 with the city on fire where the game framerate were shit.

Questions though :

1) Any way to turn on text above stuff you can search like boxes or plants? It was really useful in Witcher 1.

2) How does combat work? Is it still click once and wait for some symbol to show up before clicking again or do i just spam my left and right click according to my targets? Also, no more group style attacks? I know that left click is for quick, weak attacks, and right click is for slow, strong attacks, but nothing for groups like Witcher 1?

It kinda sucks to play Witcher 2 right after Witcher 1 when you got so used to its gameplay, now i get all confused ha.

1) Press "Z". Its not the same as TW1 but it will briefly highlight any interactable object nearby.

Van Buren

Bisnic said:

Questions though :

You need to hit 'z' to use your medallion to highlight game objects. Usable only once every 5-10 seconds, so it's certainly something that takes getting used to. Hopefully there is a mod which makes it usable whenever the player wishes it.

Regarding combat, make use of your traps, bombs and signs to thin down a group. When there are about two enemies left, move in to melee range - this works quite well at low levels. About the actual sword fighting, spamming attacks will lead to a world of hurt since the AI can be relentless. Play defensively with dodges, and wait for an opening before you commit to an attack. The swordsman tree has an ability that allows your attacks to do area damage.

En-ou

this is one of the first games that is literally jawdroppingly gorgeous. i stop so many times to admire the scenery. best looking game thus far in the industry??

so i overclocked my 5770 to run this even better in 1080p and it blew my PSU...lol
had to get a new PSU and i'm overclocking the card again...>_>

can some kind soul make me an avatar from this:
8ss5h.jpg

Avyrocky

Banned
I just bought the game off gog.com. Where is the free soundtrack and pics? Do you download them individually or are they installed when you install the full game?

sflufan

Banned
Avyrocky said:
I just bought the game off gog.com. Where is the free soundtrack and pics? Do you download them individually or are they installed when you install the full game?

They are a separate download from the game. You'll find them when you click on the game in your "My Games" shelf and scroll down past the game download files.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Van Buren said:
You need to hit 'z' to use your medallion to highlight game objects. Usable only once every 5-10 seconds, so it's certainly something that takes getting used to. Hopefully there is a mod which makes it usable whenever the player wishes it.

Yeah i found something for making it possible to use the medallion whenever i want, at least that will help.

Also, is there unlimited bag spaces or something? I don't see bag slots or anything similar to Witcher 1.

Shahadan

Seriously do you have this annoying bug where Geralt is stuck in combat mode, sword in hands, but can't attack at all? I'm getting sick of it.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Yoshichan said:
Found it! How the hell did I manage to run around this place for 30 minutes and not find it ._.? Thank you so much!
Don't feel bad. I had the same problem.

Shahadan said:
Seriously do you have this annoying bug where Geralt is stuck in combat mode, sword in hands, but can't attack at all? I'm getting sick of it.
Yep. I posted about it earlier. You have two options:

1) If you're out in the field, just wait a bit, and you'll get the ability back.

2) If you're in town, save and reload your game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom