• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Patch 1.10 Changelog

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It's amazing how many things they still have left to fix with this game. But of course, they also break a ton of things with every patch, so I guess it's not very surprising. And the PS4 version remains a mess performance-wise.

So the broken PS4 gameplay timer, that has been bugged since launch, STILL isn't getting a fix?

Wow.

Yeah, that's also baffling. Sure, it's a minor feature, but doesn't that mean it should be an easy fix? Guess they simply don't give a shit.

Is the timer even actually broken? I always just assumed it had to do with how PS4 rest mode works.

Nope, it's utterly broken. It not working properly if you use rest mode (which it does in other games, so this is CDPR failing to implement it competently) is one thing, but it will also jump crazily or simply decide to reset to zero during regular gameplay. So busted.

Pretty a sure a thing that just tells you how many hours you spent on the game is not a priority why the fuck are you pissy over something so pointless.

It's a thing that's nice to know with games this massive, especially since the PS4 doesn't have a game timer on the system level (which also sucks).

"● Adds option to show/hide HUD/Mini­map using single button/click."

YESSSSSS!!!

I can finally play with no hud and not have to pause to pull up the map

This is the biggest patchlog I have ever seen and strangely enough, I didn't encounter almost all the bugs here, except for 1 or 2.

Must have a massive luck I guess.

That is what excited me the most lol.
Bloodborne and MGSV say hi to that janky ass 20fps game.
As if performance is the only criterion for being GOTY, and the fact that it only happens in the swarm area makes it look like you only try to bring down TW3 purely based on biased personal preference.

Can't really take that kind of argument serious.

Tankshell

It's amazing how many things they still have left to fix with this game. But of course, they also break a ton of things with every patch, so I guess it's not very surprising. And the PS4 version remains a mess performance-wise.

Yeah, that's also baffling. Sure, it's a minor feature, but doesn't that mean it should be an easy fix? Guess they simply don't give a shit.

It's probably not possible to fix retroactively. If they did fix it, it would only be helpful to new players starting a fresh game, going forward etc.

CHC

I wonder what "balance for Death March" means?

I found it too hard early on and too easy later, so hopefully that's what they mean.

I must be the only one who liked taking in the atmosphere in TW3 by slowly walking and loving having the different kind of slow walk animations. That is, before Patch 1.08 deleted them. Patch 1.10 doesn't seem to have a fix for it.

If you are playing on PC there are mods to re-enable it.

Few days before Hearts of Stone releases.

I wonder if they fixed the bug where Legendary Superior Wolven Gauntlets requires Enhanced Griffin Gloves to craft it

Pretty sure I saw this fix in the Patch notes.

YESSSSSS!!!

Yeah this is right up my alley. Really excited to hotkey that shit on my gamepad . . . Not sure where though

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It's probably not possible to fix retroactively. If they did fix it, it would only be helpful to new players starting a fresh game, going forward etc.

Obviously. But does that mean it's not worth fixing? If so, they should just patch it out completely. No use having a completely broken feature in there.

tbd

A cross-gen game and a game whose world is almost completely static and far from the kind of open world Witcher 3 is.

Youtube also gives me this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBAugV34Xwo

Drops down to 16 when fucking nothing happens. Jesus. A game where perfectly dodging, parrying and iframes are main elements. Witcher has a whole different direction, is less about action and offers a world with wind affecting every single blade of grass and plants actually moving and bending when you walk through them. Towns, buildings, countless NPCs without any loading screens. From a developer who made like two games compared to a developer who made like, I don't know, 30 games? Not to mention that Bloodborne is exclusive.

Nope, it's utterly broken. It not working properly if you use rest mode (which it does in other games, so this is CDPR failing to implement it competently) is one thing, but it will also jump crazily or simply decide to reset to zero during regular gameplay. So busted.

It's a thing that's nice to know with games this massive, especially since the PS4 doesn't have a game timer on the system level (which also sucks).

Yeah, I haven't looked at it since the first week when it was telling me I'd been playing for 4 days or whatever (which is how long it had been "open", considering rest mode), so I just assumed that was the problem.

I'd much prefer just having a system-level thing like the Nintendo consoles do.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Pretty sure you're wrong on this count, since they've talked about adding Triss dialogue in the past. Segments is a bit ambiguous, but they're probably talking about dialogue.

Mayhaps. These are listed under the AUDIO tab, so I assumed music segments, but it could be a few added lines as it is an ambiguous description as you state.

LilJoka

My PC spec is a 2 year old PS4! :p

Several patches ago they were promising improvements but while there were some minor changes, it wasnt anything to talk about.

If this time (its the first time we see so many specific performance improvements) it works, i'd be good.

Oh lol sorry just assumed PC. Its a bit unfortunate for consoles i guess, but they are trying to make it look good first rather than perform good.

Nerokis

It's adding music segments to those convos, not new content...

I doubt it. Those lines would be very clumsily worded, if so. Typically, voiced dialogue does fall under the "audio" category, so I don't see any reason to assume they were referring to musical segments.

Besides, there's also a line under the "quest" category where they specifically say they're adding romance related segments to conversations with Triss and Yen during a particular quest.

A Witcher thread is guaranteed to have some troll show up like this. I love BB and FromSoftware, but they haven't fixed the frame pacing issues that have been there since day one. They haven't given any option to disable the eye straining CA in the game. Your bias is showing. I also haven't had controller vibration work since day one. That's not even touching on the framerate issues when online, or all the connection problems. Or how about how barren the world is in MGSV? Come on man, troll harder than that.

Javin98

Banned
That is one huge ass patch there. Hopefully, this time the patch really fixes issues on the PS4 version that have been evident since launch. I do hope the 20FPS lock (or whatever it is) in the swamps is fixed. Also, interesting to note that the missing water effects noted by NXGamer are getting patched in. The patch also seems to state LOD improvements. Anyway, what happened to patch 1.09?

Vitor711

YESSSSSS!!!

It's weird that this is such a huge change for me. I know that there was a mod that let you do this but this is real nice for everyone who just wants to explore without getting obsessive with all the map icons.

Wagram

That's a gigantic patch list for a game i've only ever experienced 1 bug in for 80 hours. It had to do with an icon on the map. I had to stop to wait for the above implemented text patch for a few characters.

Mr Moose

Marcin Momot ‏@Marcin360 3m3 minutes ago

The @witchergame patch 1.10 is going to be around 15gb on consoles (depending on SKU) and between 6-15gb on PC (depending on platform).

U FUKIN WOT M8?

Lunar15

What's weird is I never had any issues in game. Never once encountered a bug. But hey, this is good for those who did!

kraspkibble

Permabanned.

Bloodborne runs like shit. I'm sorry but after playing The Witcher 3 at 60fps for countless hours ... trying to play Bloodborne was a nightmare. From what I've seen TW3 runs at 30fps on PS4/XB1. How can an exclusive game like Bloodborne not manage that when an open world multi platform game can?

SpaceWolf

Banned
No added option to enlarge the impossibly small font? I play on quite a small TV so actually reading the stats of my weapons or whatever is practically impossible with this game.

sublimit

Banned
Sucks that there are more quests that they haven't fixed. Like Skellige's Most Wanted and Hard Times both of which are impossible to complete.

I have seen many people complain about these two quests (in the official Witcher 3 forums) and other places on the internet yet CDPR did nothing about them.

Sucks that there are more quests that they haven't fixed. Like Skellige's Most Wanted and Hard Times both of which are impossible to complete.

I have seen many people complain about these two quests (in the official Witcher 3 forums) and other places on the internet yet CDPR did nothing about them.

Well Skellige's Most Wanted isn't impossible for everyone- I did it the other day without issue.

I wouldn't put it past them to have more fixes than what is listed in the change log. Someone might want to ask them about those quests on twitter or their forums.

Hystzen

I suspect that 15gb size is going to have some Hearts Of Stone parts hidden in it. I remember Dark Souls patch had assets for Abyss just before it got released to reduce download size of expansion

sublimit

Banned
Well Skellige's Most Wanted isn't impossible for everyone- I did it the other day without issue.

I wouldn't put it past them to have more fixes than what is listed in the change log. Someone might want to ask them about those quests on twitter or their forums.

Which version you played?

Denton

Most wanted was fixed long ago, but iirc it required redownload of the dlc pack.

Mar Nosso

Banned

YESSSSSS!!!

Fucking finally! Christ almighty. How devs don't understand that convenience, swiftness, accessibility and a POLISHED experience is half the attraction to keep playing a game, I have no idea.

If the performance on the PS4 is indeed improved, I might finally properly play the game instead of waiting for it to not be an annoyance to play.

SomTervo

And still nothing to drastically improve the loading times? Having to wait a minute after death each time is terrible.

I think this is unfortunately a deep game design aspect which would be hard to change :/

Think about it this way:

Fast travel: all the game processing (NPC movement, weather, sounds, world mapping) are still in place, and your current save-state file is still loaded into RAM (location of all objects, inventory, quest statuses - a mind boggling amount of data in this game)

Death: all the game processing (NPC movement, weather, sounds, world mapping) has to be rolled back to where you were at by the last save-state, and the game has to re-load the save state into the RAM (location of all objects, inventory, quest statuses - a mind boggling amount of data in this game)

This is a layman's description, obviously. But Death is a load more work for the game/system to do than Fast Travel.

Top Bottom