• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 vs. Final Fantasy VII Remake

Vote for your Game Of The Generation!

• The Witcher 3

Votes: 342 66.7%
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake

Votes: 171 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

.Pennywise

Banned
This match is part of the Game of the Generation Tournament. For rules, details and current brackets go to the Tournament thread (Click)

Z9uhJfW.jpg

TheContact

both great games, and even though I beat vanilla ff7 like 10+ times, I'm going to choose the Witcher because I believe it's objectively the better game of the two.

MiguelItUp

Well, it is a very long but fantastic RPG. FFVIIR is great but that is it.
To each their own. For me the combat did nothing for me at the time, and my interest was gone before I was even half way through. I've always wanted to go back to it, but I just haven't felt the push to. Maybe I will when they add all the updates.

I voted 7 Remake. The fact that it exists at all after pining away for 14 years is a victory alone. The announcement at E3 2015 sent shockwaves through the industry. Then it also plays great and looks beautiful? It's a dream come true. I won't even act like the Witcher 3 isn't also one of the best games this gen, but the 7 Remake just means more to me, and the industry. Thank you Square, and please bring out Part 2 soon!

Wunray

Ff7 remake isn't even a complete story.
TW3 all day everyday.
Ff7 remake is a fine game can't wait for part 2

DelireMan7

I've only play Witcher 3 and FF7 sounds like a great game also. I will not vote for this one.

I can recognize that Witcher is great but I have to admit it was a bit a chore to play toward the end. And the combat was a big letdown for me.
But the writing and quests are impressive

hemo memo

Gold Member
To each their own. For me the combat did nothing for me at the time, and my interest was gone before I was even half way through. I've always wanted to go back to it, but I just haven't felt the push to. Maybe I will when they add all the updates.

They did add all the updates with the GoTY edition and everything on the disc. My advice is focus on the story and side missions only and just do what comes on your way of side world activity but don’t try to do everything or you’ll burn yourself because the game is MASIVE.

MiguelItUp

They did add all the updates with the GoTY edition and everything on the disc. My advice is focus on the story and side missions only and just do what comes on your way of side world activity but don’t try to do everything or you’ll burn yourself because the game is MASIVE.
I appreciate that! I honestly think that's the mistake I originally made, lol. But I remember at some point just staying firm on the main campaign, and then seeing where I was at and there was STILL so much to do, lmao. I played it at launch on PC and ran into a number of issues too. Falling through the ground, etc. I remember that frustrated me quite a bit. But I know since launch they've fixed a lot, added a lot, etc. I guess once they do the RTX updates I'll give it a whirl, I know I'll appreciate it more if I can make it through it.

borborygmus

This is a no brainer for me. I hated almost everything about FF7 Remake, including the music. The combat system is that same old shitty Bioware style system where some things arbitrarily rubber band and some things don't, except more sluggish and with stagger mechanics meaning all the enemies are damage sponges, and flying enemies can just get out of range for however long they want and make the camera go wild. They turned the legendary soundtrack into elevator music and cut out the memorable parts. The visuals are a huge mess, with unstylized Ubisoft NPCs mixed with anime main characters. Sephiroth looks like he smelled a fart. Tifa has the uncanny valley crazy eyes and a cartoony face while Cloud and Barrett look like a photorealistic version of anime.

Everything is padded with "traversal" AKA shimmying in between rubble with the same animation they couldn't even bother to match the environment to.

All the additions are tryhard nonsense. "Tifa? Oh totally, I'm her landlord, she's like my niece or something." Very authentic. Their idea of character development is sneaking into Jessie's dad's room while he's in a coma and reading some letters. You randomly enter into a residential noise dispute with a Sephiroth cultist who's staying next door; this sets the tone for the scenarios in the game, they are awful.

Midgar, the iconic city that the script says is shrouded in darkness and uses artificial lighting, is sunlit 24/7. Even GW Bush would find a way to squint harder if he were there. They literally make you climb up and look down on a glorious Ps1-tier texture of the city from above and make you disable some of the artificial lights, even though it's bathed in sunlight.

The icing on the cake is Nomura adding a layer of "d u rike it?" madness that makes Kojima look like a genius comparatively. What a shitshow.

Last edited:

Thabass

Brutal VS.

Gonna got with Witcher 3. I love VII Remake and until Cyberpunk 2077 comes out and I complete it, it's my Game of the Year this year.

But Witcher 3 is in a class of it's own. It's not really comparable. Witcher 3 and it's not close.

Top Bottom